In Retrospect-Kronk Believes He Saw Skull In August

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Records show complaints have been filed twice in the past against Cain, a three-year veteran deputy, for failure to follow up thoroughly on citizen calls. Cain was cleared both times."

It's still relevant. In this case he will not be cleared and his history will contribute to the disciplinary action he will face.

I'm sure it's very difficult to prove that an investigation was poorly executed and that whatever action was taken in the past was not handled as stringently as this one will be.

It goes to repeat behavior. Bad cop.

Could you all quit bickering in this thread and just discsus the topic? That would be great.

This is my opinion only and please don't bash me for this.

This, again, is just another "ratings" article. The case has somewhat slowed down and yet the media feels the NEED that the public DEMANDS answers.

How many of all of us have gone through a significant event and then afterwards sits and reflects on the events? I could have done this, I should have done that, what if I had gone this way, or what if I would have say that?

I believe that is all this is. He is reflecting on all that took place - the events, what was said, what wasn't said, what he saw, what he didn't see.

When you are experiencing an "event", your adrenline is pumping, your heart rate goes up, you shake, however your body reacts to it at the time. THEN, later on, when you heart rate is back to normal, you are safe and sound, your mind clears a little and you can openly reflect on the events that took place. This is where the saying "hindsight is 20/20" comes from.

IMO this article is "filler" for lack of a better word. The media is printing "fodder" as there is a DEMAND for information on this case and their (media) job is to fill that NEED.

Basic economics - SUPPLY AND DEMAND. That's it. Know what I mean?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I went down -- well (INAUDIBLE) I went down, and behind one of the trees was a (DELETED) and it looked rather suspicious. I didn't touch anything. And then a little bit further up, you can tell where someone ran across it with a mower, but the weeds are still real high in that area. There's a fallen tree that it looks like someone had tried to cut on it at one point. But there was a white board hanging across the tree, and there was something round and white underneath of it. And I don't know what it is, but it just didn't look like something that should be there.

The reporter would not even need a source to take what I and others already suspected he might have seen when reading his own words in the 911 call.

It's still relevant. In this case he will not be cleared and his history will contribute to the disciplinary action he will face.

I'm sure it's very difficult to prove that an investigation was poorly executed and that whatever action was taken in the past was not handled as stringently as this one will be.

It goes to repeat behavior. Bad cop.

Maybe the defence is doing a great job behind closed doors trying to keep the focus away from Casey?Possible.I know that there are some great spinners on that team.

I just wish things were more clearer.

ETA:I mean,maybe they're the sources....trying to create reasonable doubt.

Well just because the media chooses to leave out the "now" before "believes" in the News Title to attract readers does not mean that a Title to a thread on here has too do the same thing. KWIM? :)

OOPS!! (my other forums rules showing)....there when you link news stories, you cannot change the titles........:)

Umm If you thought you saw something strange that could possibly be the remains of a 2 yr old child in the woods would you touch it, poke it, move it?? I wouldn't I would be terrified to see a child's remains. Therefore I would call the police, and let them check it out.

This poor guy (although I'm ticked he didn't pay child support) was just like any other searcher out there trying to bring this baby home. This guy is innocent!! The officer dropped the ball!

The hair was still attached by the duct tape, I don't mean it was still intact follicularly. Generally skulls are brown and very dirty unless they've been exposed to the elements and bleached by the sun for quite some time.

:crazy:

OOPS!! (my other forums rules showing)....there when you link news stories, you cannot change the titles........:)

It's all good.

With all the media attention towards him I imagine knowing now it was the skull he saw and then finding it after the police officer blew him off has to be just so stressful for him.
Poor guy. :(

That would have been 2 months after her death. I think I've heard these experts say she would have been skeletonized in like 2 to 3 weeks laying outside in that heat. I'll see if I can goggle that and find out.

Here's some info I posted earlier today...

Below is a link to an article by Dr. Arpad Vass. He is currently a Senior Staff
Scientist at Oak Ridge National Laboratory and
Adjunct Associate Professor at the University of
Tennessee in Forensic Anthropology. The article appeared in the Nov 1, 2008issue of Microbiology Today.

In the right margin of the 2nd page of the pdf (page 191 of the magazaine), he states "In temperate regions of the United States individuals can be completely skeletonized in 30–40 days in the summer."

***Warning, some graphic images of human decomp.

http://www.sgm.ac.uk/pubs/micro_today/pdf/110108.pdf

"I went down, and behind one of the trees was a (DELETED) and it looked rather suspicious. I didn't touch anything."

Why would they delete "bag"? :waitasec:

This is my opinion only and please don't bash me for this.

This, again, is just another "ratings" article. The case has somewhat slowed down and yet the media feels the NEED that the public DEMANDS answers.

How many of all of us have gone through a significant event and then afterwards sits and reflects on the events? I could have done this, I should have done that, what if I had gone this way, or what if I would have say that?

I believe that is all this is. He is reflecting on all that took place - the events, what was said, what wasn't said, what he saw, what he didn't see.

When you are experiencing an "event", your adrenline is pumping, your heart rate goes up, you shake, however your body reacts to it at the time. THEN, later on, when you heart rate is back to normal, you are safe and sound, your mind clears a little and you can openly reflect on the events that took place. This is where the saying "hindsight is 20/20" comes from.

IMO this article is "filler" for lack of a better word. The media is printing "fodder" as there is a DEMAND for information on this case and their (media) job is to fill that NEED.

Basic economics - SUPPLY AND DEMAND. That's it. Know what I mean?
Swag, I completely agree. I wish the main stream media knew however, what damage they are doing to people who potentially witness a crime, come upon a dead body, or see a missing child and are afraid to report it just because their ratings are going down. Its unfair to many people other than just Kronk.

:crazy:

It's all good.

With all the media attention towards him I imagine knowing now it was the skull he saw and then finding it after the police officer blew him off has to be just so stressful for him.
Poor guy. :(

I really wish the MR would of kept the cop out of the media (for now), it's just another distraction to the case.......

Well it doesn't surprise me that he has come forward and states that what he saw in August he believed to be the skull.
My very first impression in listening to that first call was that he could possibly see part of the skull sticking out of the bag. We
know that the bag was ripped and the skull fell out when he finally went and investigated himself.
The mention of he could see something white. I never got the impression he meant white trash bag...but actually what could be a skull.
No wonder this man was persistent!!!!!
IMO I don't think he went in the woods with the cop but let them look for what he told them. I don't think I would go too close to what I thought was a skull if I saw it....but would call police and let them look.
Just way too unfortunate that they did not throughly look at what he saw.

Actually, this confirms what I believed from the day RK went public with his "find". There is no other explanation for his persisence in searching for Caylee's body, than he KNEW it was there.
I totally agree!!

He called the police three times, to no avail. Perhaps he was concerned that he would look, suspicious if he continued to call and insist that Caylee was there.

And if he had gone to the media, people would still find him suspicious because they would then accuse him of selling the story and exploiting rather than calling the police.

He's in a lose-lose as far as pleasing everyone.

OCSO- GUILTY of not checking things out in August.

Casey Anthony- GUILTY of murdering her daughter.

Anthony Family- GUILTY of obstructing justice.

Roy Kronk- NOT GUILTY of anything other than being persistent.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Here is an article on decomp. It says under the right conditions a body could reduce to bones in as little as 10 to 20 days.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decomposition

Swag, I completely agree. I wish the main stream media knew however, what damage they are doing to people who potentially witness a crime, come upon a dead body, or see a missing child and are afraid to report it just because their ratings are going down. Its unfair to many people other than just Kronk.
ITA with everything you said - but, and, again this is MY OPINION and based on some of my experience with the media - THE MEDIA DOESN'T CARE. The stations and papers have teams of lawyers that are consulted BEFORE something is reported or printed and as long as it meets the standard of "these suits sitting in some fancy office behind their burlwood desks" they OK it.

Living in South Florida all my life I have seen this time and time again. The media can villify anyone they want AS LONG AS ITS LEGAL and been approved to do so. It slants the public's perception for or against whatever is being reported. One good recent example is Sarah Palin. Now that she is striking back - they (media) are at it again saying "see! See how she is!" Then there is the other side that are applauding her for do so. You can't win. And the media LIKES it that way. Just gives them MORE fodder to report.

I live under the old saying: "believe half of what you see, and nothing that you hear". I make my own decisions, do my own research, and stand by my beliefs. And that is why I believe this article is just "trash reporting".

BTW down here we have the Sun Sentinel (owned by the same conglomerate as the Orlando Sentinel) and alot of the local here have nicknames for it: Scum Sentintel; or Sun Slantinel. I just laugh and say why bother?

however RK described what he saw in Aug. there was a skull there. Maybe just the top was poking out and as the rains came the bag was pushed farther down and by the time he returned in Dec. it did not take much for the skull to completly fall out of the bag. The body was there the whole time. I don't think it was put there any time after the middle of June around the 17-18th. Just because he didn't describe it correctly or persist loud and long enought the body WAS there. It was not moved a bunch of times. We all wish it would have ended sooner but it didn't.

Rk saw something called 3x nothing came of it.
the other psychic was there on Aug 11th nothing came of it.
The PI's were there in Nov. supposedly nothing came of it.
Finally RK walks right up to it pokes it, kicks it, whatever he did and now it is very clear he was right all along.

unless you subscribe to the notion it was moved to several locations in the same general area it was exactly where KC left it in June.

PaulaF513 said:
Actually, this confirms what I believed from the day RK went public with his "find". There is no other explanation for his persisence in searching for Caylee's body, than he KNEW it was there.

I totally agree!!

I tend to agree with this also, but it is an unpopular opinion. It would mean that Kronk is engaged in some heavy lying.

I totally agree!!

If any of us here strongly felt we may have seen something before, we also all would be very persistent in ruling out our feelings. For example: A new thread popped up the other day about the house that DC was digging at. Within 48 hours our posters not only found the house, but one actually was there taking photos. They all felt this was the right place. It was a hunch. And they were correct. Where did this initial hunch come from? TV. It came from a video that none of our posters had anything to do with. They all put their thoughts together and found the right place.
Why can't this be the same for Kronk? He seen something, had a hunch, and followed through to rule out his hunch..Luckily for Caylee, his hunch was right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998