Found Safe IN - RP, 15, Huntington, 24 Oct 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

I misread which library branch it was and thought it was the main one in Huntington.

So glad that LE connected the dots on this one!

2. chaz

chaz Well-Known Member

BBM
    It seems they know his identity? Or is it another man?

3. Tealgrove

Tealgrove Gannon is my hero!

Yay! Such good news.

I truly hope she was found "safe" and "unharmed".

Sometimes that isn't really the case.

I'm just glad she has been found and her mom is on her way to get her and bring her home.

4. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

They know the identity of the man found near her. If it's the same man as the one seen in the video, I dunno. MOO

5. hot cawfeee

hot cawfeee Well-Known Member

many have vending machines in the lobby, and on certain days of the week free lunch, also computers, ability to charge phones and use bathrooms...my library has security posted at the door and a few guards walking around....now with covid you go in to get books and then you leave...my last library visit a couple wanted to go in and hangout and read the newspapers and the security guard told them that there is no lingering in the library....very different from the past

6. hot cawfeee

hot cawfeee Well-Known Member

So great to see she has been found !!!!!

7. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Fantastic news! Every so often, we get a happy ending to these stories. Glad she’s heading home, and saying a prayer that she remains safe in the future.

8. Luckyzmom

Luckyzmom Well-Known Member

Yay !!!!!!

chaz, PommyMommy and Rosegold68 like this.
  9. twall

twall Well-Known Member

There are conflicting reports of where she went missing from. I have seen Center Street in Huntington and from her grandparents home in Warren (both locations are in Huntington County) where she visits every other weekend. Since the latest report states she left her grandparents home in Warren Saturday morning I will go with that...more info. in video from tonight's news.
    I would like to know how she got from Warren to Ft. Wayne and what was she doing/who was she with? from Saturday morning to today being found. It sounds to me like she ran away/had connections with someone in Ft. Wayne. And her and mom are from Ohio as she attends school there so she must have been on a routine weekend visit with grandparents.

Missing Huntington County teen found safe in Fort Wayne

10. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Amen, Thank you Blessed Mother and St. John Neumann,

Now what the poor girl goes missing again due to unknown circumsatnces at home? Therapy on flippin demand!

11. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings about LE's efforts to recover runaways. No one knows what a teenager might be running away from. Letting a teen stay gone might be in that teen's best interests in some cases.

Luckyzmom likes this.
  12. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

If nothing else, recovering them puts children/teens undergoing troubling circumstances on a radar where their family situation can be looked into by authorities. Just letting them stay gone is definitely not the best solution.

I don't think anyone assumes that this girl's home life was peachy since running away with a stranger was the outcome. Now any instances of neglect at home can be investigated and the child can receive counseling and other services.

momsof3, PommyMommy and Linskid like this.
  13. evilwise

evilwise Well-Known Member

Probably they identified the MAC address of a device associated with a person of interest and then established that device logged into the free wifi at that library at that time.

In all honesty, back when I was 20ish it wasn't unusual for teenage girls to "run away" from home and crash at my apartment for a few days. Nothing ever came of it. I guess times change.

Luckyzmom likes this.
  14. twall

twall Well-Known Member

15. chaz

chaz Well-Known Member

PommyMommy likes this.
  16. momsof3

momsof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that link - looks like posters worries were right on target.

"There's a lot to these kinds of cases. These kinds of investigations morph into a lot more than you think you started with," Sgt. Rosales-Scatena said.

Generally speaking, Sgt. Rosales-Scatena said parents need to keep an eye on what their kids are doing online.

"Social media is a predator's playground. There are people out there who will take advantage of children, no matter what their age. They'll even take advantage of adults," she said.

I'm liking Sgt. Rosales-Scatena.

@chaz, thanks for the link. Here is my question - adding the arrest date to this link for the last four days, I can't find anyone who fit the surveillance video. Am I missing someone? Thank you for the link - OT but looking through mugshots - meth is bad!

PommyMommy and twall like this.
  17. chaz

chaz Well-Known Member

I don't know, I only scrolled quickly down the inmates but I think there are no charges yet.

momsof3 and PommyMommy like this.
  18. twall

twall Well-Known Member

momsof3, PommyMommy and chaz like this.
  19. chaz

chaz Well-Known Member

Sorry for the confusion.

PommyMommy and twall like this.
  20. twall

twall Well-Known Member

That is not the correct jail...Fort Wayne is in Allen County. There is a county sheriff dept. and city police dept. and all inmates are housed in the downtown jail and they don't have inmate lookup. Sounds like the crime(s) occurred within city limits so the FWPD is handling it. And yes, meth is bad everywhere in Indiana!!

PommyMommy likes this.