GUILTY IN - Ryan Martin, 29, murdered in suspect Talmadge Jasper's home, Lafayette, 23 May 2019

Thanks for pointing out the whole local insider thing for me, I didn't realize that was a thing, I've just sent an email with all of the info for verification so hopefully they get back to me quickly

In the meantime if anyone has any questions about Talmadge and his character feel free to post them and I will answer as many as I can once I am verified.

Thanks all
As nice as it is to have an Insider here, I am going to suggest you contact Delphi police before posting anything else, and share with them what you know.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Lafayette man killed, found in suspect's apartment

"Police suspect 19-year-old Talmadge Russell Jasper killed 29-year-old Ryan A. Martin... whom officers found inside Jasper's... apartment on Thursday."

"Jasper told police that Martin gave him a ride home from work Thursday morning and stopped in at his apartment.... But Martin left after receiving a phone call or text, Jasper told police....But Martin hadn't left."
RSBM

So, is it too premature to assume they worked together?
Who saw RM at the apartment earlier?
Does TRJ have a roommate?
Why did RM give him a ride and go inside the apartment if there was bad blood between them?

Maybe as more info becomes available some of the ? will be answered.

All of the above are from my quick reading (i don't do FB or TWITTER etc) could be answered already so forgive if so...MHOO

Eta my lack of social media o_O

Last edited:
Yep. For a town of 3000 people, they got a lot of trouble. A person arrested in the NB case is from Delphi too.
It seems to me that Alcohol and Drugs play a large part in many of
these problems. Meth and Heroin is apparently common there.
And many of these young people, barely out of high school and taking low paying jobs, having their own apartments- just seems
like they're setting up their lives to be difficult.

Last edited:
MOD NOTE:

AT THIS TIME THERE ARE NO VERIFIED INSIDERS WHO HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR THIS CASE.

PLEASE DO NOT POST QUESTIONS FOR A VERIFIED INSIDER UNTIL ONE HAS BEEN APPROVED. IF/WHEN THAT HAPPENS IT WILL BE ANNOUNCED HERE. UNTIL THEN, QUESTIONS ASKING FOR INSIDE INFORMATION ARE IN VIOLATION OF TOS AND WILL BE REMOVED.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP IN ALLOWING THE DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD TO MOVE SMOOTHLY FORWARD.

CocoChanel

his FB says he was employed as a press operator at Arconic and news articles
makes it sound like at the same place as the murdered victim.
It does sound like TJ & RM were employed at the same place, but I’m not clear on that yet.

Lafayette man killed, found in suspect's apartment

From link/article:

Jasper told police that Martin gave him a ride home from work Thursday morning and stopped in at his apartment, according to the affidavit. But Martin left after receiving a phone call or text, Jasper told police, according to the affidavit.
MOO

Police Calls | Carroll County Comet

This section of a local newspaper has a record of January 4, 2017 “police call” involving TRJ and an older man, which took place in Carroll County, IN—doesn’t say what it was about, though it appears to be listed under “Property Damage”: Police Calls | Carroll County Comet
This boy had trouble early on. January 2017 he would have been in high school in Delphi. He now has a 4 year old daughter so he was a father at 14 or 15. What other trouble did this boy have and or get into?

The link below has some interesting comments.
LPD investigating homicide, suspect in custody

This boy had trouble early on. January 2017 he would have been in high school in Delphi. He now has a 4 year old daughter so he was a father at 14 or 15. What other trouble did this boy have and or get into?

The link below has some interesting comments.
LPD investigating homicide, suspect in custody

It’s his victim that has a 4yr old child.

What looks to be Jasper’s Insta is still up: Talmadge Jasper (@crypt1d) • Instagram photos and videos

Super-weird, IMO: this kid looks on paper like a fairly brainy (he was on Delphi HS’s National Academic Quiz Team, per NAQT’s own website: NAQT | Tippecanoe Valley Quiz Bowl Conference Tournament | Individual Standings) and somewhat nerdy teenage boy who likes animals and hiking in the woods—not necessarily a dude one might expect to have a restraining order against him. As we all know, though, an individual’s squeaky-clean and wholesome exterior appearance is usually not a reliable indication of their interior goodness!
A few of the instagram photos look like he enjoyed the parks in Delphi. Yes, it is strange to think that this young man has been charged with the murder of another. MOO

What looks to be Jasper’s Insta is still up: Talmadge Jasper (@crypt1d) • Instagram photos and videos

Super-weird, IMO: this kid looks on paper like a fairly brainy (he was on Delphi HS’s National Academic Quiz Team, per NAQT’s own website: NAQT | Tippecanoe Valley Quiz Bowl Conference Tournament | Individual Standings) and somewhat nerdy teenage boy who likes animals and hiking in the woods—not necessarily a dude one might expect to have a restraining order against him. As we all know, though, an individual’s squeaky-clean and wholesome exterior appearance is usually not a reliable indication of their interior goodness!
Is that bird and cat dead in his pictures on instagram? Creepy to me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back