GUILTY IN - Ryan Martin, 29, murdered in suspect Talmadge Jasper's home, Lafayette, 23 May 2019

I took this from the link so that it is in here for future refrence

Property damage

Dec. 27, 3:28 p.m. – US421 at CR500S., Delphi. William J. Field, 21, Lafayette, and Cecil B. Kingsolver, 61, Kirklin. Hobbs responded.

Dec. 27, 3:30 p.m. – 6755W. C100N., Delphi. Veronica A. Berger, 27, Sorrento, Fla., and a vehicle registered to Brian Keyser, Flora. Det. Tony Liggett responded.

Dec. 28, 3:05 p.m. – CR800W. near Division Line Rd., Delphi. Russell D. Schnepp, 57, Lafayette, and a red farm combine. Liggett responded.

Jan. 4, 3:08 p.m. – US421 at CR100N., Delphi. Talmadge R. Jasper, 16, Delphi, and Brian E. Cosgray, 52, Flora. Schimmel responded.

Why would TJ kill RM inside his own house and drive RM's car to his house right away, leaving his dead body there? Why not use the car to dispose of the body? Why not hide the car? Why call the girls and allow them back in the home with the body still inside the home and couch pillows missing? Why not get rid of evidence, get new pillows and then call the girls? Many many many things don't make sense in this case. TJ was not dumb or stupid so, his actions following the murder don't make any sense at all, he was pretty much begging to get caught.

I took this from the link so that it is in here for future refrence

Property damage

Dec. 27, 3:28 p.m. – US421 at CR500S., Delphi. William J. Field, 21, Lafayette, and Cecil B. Kingsolver, 61, Kirklin. Hobbs responded.

Dec. 27, 3:30 p.m. – 6755W. C100N., Delphi. Veronica A. Berger, 27, Sorrento, Fla., and a vehicle registered to Brian Keyser, Flora. Det. Tony Liggett responded.

Dec. 28, 3:05 p.m. – CR800W. near Division Line Rd., Delphi. Russell D. Schnepp, 57, Lafayette, and a red farm combine. Liggett responded.

Jan. 4, 3:08 p.m. – US421 at CR100N., Delphi. Talmadge R. Jasper, 16, Delphi, and Brian E. Cosgray, 52, Flora. Schimmel responded.

I got a different officer responding.

talmadge jasper | Carroll County Comet

All else the same.

Why would TJ kill RM inside his own house and drive RM's car to his house right away, leaving his dead body there? Why not use the car to dispose of the body? Why not hide the car? Why call the girls and allow them back in the home with the body still inside the home and couch pillows missing? Why not get rid of evidence, get new pillows and then call the girls? Many many many things don't make sense in this case. TJ was not dumb or stupid so, his actions following the murder don't make any sense at all, he was pretty much begging to get caught.

MOO
TJ took the car back to RM so that a missing person search will start from there.
It's very clever because, if RM had been reported missing from his home at 5pm, no real search would have started for at least two days.
Unluckily for TJ, his ex-girlfriend and RM's current girlfriend was at the house and saw him. So there was a police call to 911 right away. TJ was breaking a restraining order so the Lafayette police followed up very quickly.

MOO
TJ took the car back to RM so that a missing person search will start from there.
It's very clever because, if RM had been reported missing from his home at 5pm, no real search would have started for at least two days.
Unluckily for TJ, his ex-girlfriend and RM's current girlfriend was at the house and saw him. So there was a police call to 911 right away. TJ was breaking a restraining order so the Lafayette police followed up very quickly.
Also could've used Ryan's phone to send a text to the girlfriend saying something like "I have to run some errands" to gain some time. He didn't have to drive the car back to Ryan's home that soon. I'm wondering if he knew she would be at the house. Because it's pretty obvious that, if she was there and saw him she would call police right away.

Also could've used Ryan's phone to send a text to the girlfriend saying something like "I have to run some errands" to gain some time. He didn't have to drive the car back to Ryan's home that soon. I'm wondering if he knew she would be at the house. Because it's pretty obvious that, if she was there and saw him she would call police right away.

If he knew she was at RM's house,
MOO she is lucky to be alive.

LAFAYETTE — Accused murder suspect Talmadge Russell Jasper might not be mentally competent to stand trial, and if he is, his attorney intends to use the insanity defense, according to recent filings.
TYVM for the heads up and welcome.

Here's a link -

Case Search - MyCase

And as the link expires here is a c/p of the relevant bit.

09/17/2019
Notice to Court Filed
Belated Notice of Intent To File Insanity Defense
Filed By:
Jasper, Talmadge Russell
File Stamp:
09/17/2019
09/17/2019
Notice to Court Filed
Combined Notice of Insanity Defense and Hearing To Determine Competence To Stand Trial
Filed By:
Jasper, Talmadge Russell
File Stamp:
09/17/2019
09/18/2019
Notice Issued to Parties
Attached filings are set for Status at the previously scheduled Pre-Trial Conference of Friday, September 27, 2019 at 8:30 a.m.
Noticed:
Harrington, Patrick K
Noticed:
Manahan, Patrick Franklin
09/19/2019
Automated ENotice Issued to Parties
Notice Issued to Parties ---- 9/18/2019 : Patrick Franklin Manahan;Patrick K Harrington

09/27/2019
Pretrial Conference
Session:
09/27/2019 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P
10/22/2019
Jury Trial
Session:
10/22/2019 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer:
Meyer, Steven P

Here's a MSM link also -

Lafayette murder suspect, accused of killing ex's new boyfriend, plans to use insanity defense

Last edited:
Hmm. Looks like it was a "belated" notice but it will probably be allowed. I wonder why they feel he might be just now after all of this time. Or is it a delay tactic?

This case has been quiet so I am a bit fuzzy on where it was at in any court status.

Jmo.

Hmm. Looks like it was a "belated" notice but it will probably be allowed. I wonder why they feel he might be just now after all of this time. Or is it a delay tactic?

This case has been quiet so I am a bit fuzzy on where it was at in any court status.

Jmo.
They are due to have a pre-trial conference session in just a week's time so I guess it will be discussed and maybe we will know more then. MOO.

You are right, just a police call record, maybe incident settled with some private money changing hands or a handshake in the end.Happened at the corner of CR100 and Hwy 421. Officer Ligget and the victim of property destruction Cosgray.
Incidentally, as Purduegirl has indicated, Talmadge Jaspers honor roll presence was consistent up till then at least.
The change happened around then.
I never said that Talmadge Jasper was an honor roll student up until this. Maybe someone else said that.

I have some of the same thoughts. So much of this case that doesn't make sense to me. Is it your MOO that TJ wasnt dumb or stupid or do you know him?

Sorry, if I missed where this was posted.
Honestly, to me it sounds like mom trying to get him off.
I think it would be better for him if he is stable on his meds to do his time for killing.

Lafayette murder suspect, accused of killing ex's new boyfriend, plans to use insanity defense
@Boxer I haven't followed up much with this case over last couple months. What makes you think mom is trying to get him off or is that just your moo? I tried to look back on information to see if it had anything about parents but didn't see anything.

@Boxer I haven't followed up much with this case over last couple months. What makes you think mom is trying to get him off or is that just your moo? I tried to look back on information to see if it had anything about parents but didn't see anything.[/QUOte]

From public records it appears TJ was living with his mother in Delphi attending Delphi Community High School before moving to Lafayette.
Who ever is paying Manahan is working with him to create the defense to deflect and minimize consequences.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back