Found Deceased IN - Shalom Lawson, 8, Brownsburg, 7 July 2017

Noooo so sad. I was so hoping for a good outcome.

No confirmation yet but search has been called off. Awaiting official statement.

Ugh I'm so angry. What is the point of putting these unsecured ponds in suburban neighborhoods?? They only serve as a hazard for small children and people on the spectrum.

Drain out the ponds, replace with splash pad/fountains. This is ridiculous.

RIP little one. I was so hoping for good news. This is heartbreaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rest In Peace, Little Shalom ....

Keeping him and his family in my prayers. Can't even imagine what they must be going through :(.

My heart breaks at this. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Drain out the ponds, replace with splash pad/fountains. This is ridiculous.

Unfortunately, those ponds are to collect drainage water, and were never meant to be recreational. They are essentially a flood control device. That's why you see them in office complexes as well- all the water that would be absorbed by the ground has no where to go when that real estate gets paved over or has buildings erected.

I DO think they should have a fence surrounding them. I live minutes from this tragedy, and the back of my yard is on such a retention pond. I have personally had to scream at kids to get off the ice in winter, and out of the water in summer. I would NEVER have purchased this home if I still had small children. And no visiting child is allowed outdoors without an adult who STAYS outdoors.

Poor child.

Much too soon :( rest in peace Shalom.

Leads you to wonder how many drownings have to occur before small bodies of water are finally fenced off. Sure, you can't cordon off everything, and it wouldn't stop an agile climber, but the youngest and most vulnerable might be saved by a small precaution.

Because of websleuths, I actively avoid homes with water nearby when looking at real estate. Ugh. This poor, sweet boy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back