IN - Shanda Sharer, 12, Madison, 11 January 1992

Why are they being released???....oh, so maddening.

It's beyong horrible :( I see where y'all are coming from too. It just really strikes me as wrong to use the word "lesbianism" when describing the murder of a kid.

Congratulations on your first thread. I agree with you, though I don't know much about this story. But I know enough about human nature and other higher thoughts that yes labeling a child in this manner is wrong and will be accounted for.

The public is being so desensitized we will be watching acceptable reality murder in the years to come. And it will be accepted too. Onto beastiality, which also exists and on and on and on.

Sorry this has hurt and bothered you. Find peace in knowing she no longer is hurt and alone.

I remember when this crime took place, it was horrific. It was a premeditated cold blooded murder. IMO, none of these evil women should have ever been released early, I feel they should have had to serve the entire sentence that was handed down. Shandra's poor mother, I feel so terrible for her.

I have zero sympathy for Shanda's killers. I don't care what their abusive backgrounds were. What they did to that child was beyond evil.

Hi Mr. E, ITA with you. I posted on another thread today regarding Melinda Loveless possible early release, which just appalls me. None of these women should be released early, they should have had to serve the full sentence that was handed down. IMO

Thanks, SCM, and KOOL LOOK.

absinthe, I know exactly what you mean. However the victim may have defined herself at the time of her death, one may well question whether it is accurate to assign a 12-year-old a fixed category of sexuality. (Particularly given the rather rich history of "romantic friendships" between teen girls who don't necessarily grow up to be gay.)

And, yeah, turning "lesbian" into a lurid adjective is unfortunate, though I understand that was the element the writer and editors thought "unusual" enough to attract attention.

But there's no question that painting same-sex affection as a "sensational" aspect of the case only aids those who already associate homosexuality with crime, depravity and death.

there isn't a chance she was released quietly, is there? Is the decision still pending??

She should rot in that prison for the rest of her pathetic life. Hell is too good for her!

Today the Indiana Court of Appeals handed down a decision affirming the trial court's denial of Loveless' petition for post-conviction relief.

Full opinion is at this link:

http://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions/pdf/11140803msm.pdf

Good! Melinda Loveless should do her full 50yrs. It is a travesty that Toni Lawrence only did 9yrs and now is married with two children. From what I hear Ms. Lawrence still doesn't accept her part in Shanda's torture and murder. Toni could've stopped it multiple times. If Miss Loveless or Miss Tackett happen to win a new trial one of these days I hope the D.A. goes for the DP. This case really hits a nerve with me on many levels.

Oh MY LAND-thank you. Thank you, thank you....please Lord, let Shanda's mother be able to have a moments peace knowing that she can stand down a little on this last perp.

Since their appeals were denied, I very much doubt that they will "earn" a new trial. I think spending their days in prison is very fitting. But it will never bring back "their innocent 12 year old victim".

This was one of the most sickest, evilest stories I'd ever read about. These.... these "mosters" all deserve to rot for what they did to that little girl. It is sad that one literally got away with her evil.... I hope the other two NEVER get out of prison.

She should rot in that prison for the rest of her pathetic life. Hell is too good for her!

I feel the same way!! This case makes me sick. It has since it occurred. SO senseless and sad. :mad::mad:

http://simplysue1958.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=3334322 there includes some more recent photos of Amanda.. I personally don't think she was behind it but she didn't much care for shanda either...from the way she talks she was more concerned about how the case would effect her life. she went on dr phill and only cried when talking about losing a scholarship over it and got kicked off the basketball team. how compassionate of her!
/sarcasm off

Ugh... I remember this case. I'm not from Indiana but I read the book about it. Horrifying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back