GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you if they called in k9 to see if they can pick up her sent they are not really giving us much information. Yes they did but they lost the scent close to the river on a gravel road where a car could easily have been parked.

Sent from my Z828 using Tapatalk

It's ALWAYS a concern when parents "check" on their toddlers in the middle of the night, IMHO. That raises huge red flags. In my opinion.

Why does it raise a red flag? I have a 17 year old that I check on every single night before I go to bed. I go over to bed and make sure she is breathing. I can't go to sleep unless I do. I also sleep on a futon mat in my 1 year old's nursery next to his crib and I each time I wake up at night I sit up and check on him. Granted, I'm paranoid when it comes to my children but I do check on them during the night. It's going to be hard when the oldest goes off to college since I won't be able to check on her like I do now. She will just have to text me each night when she is in for the night though.

My husband is very supportive of me sleeping in our son's nursery since we lost 3 babies to miscarriage before having him and he has a slight airway defect, that he is thankfully now outgrowing. My husband understands my paranoia. My daughter is very good about checking in with me when she drives to school etc too because she understands that I worry about her. She isn't a jerk about it like most teens would be.

In reality, how many abducted children have ever been taken due to a "grudge" against a family?

The only one I recall that possibly looked like that may have been the case was CC in Australia.

The family suggested it, LE said they were looking at that as possible, and of course she returned home safe - mysteriously suddenly wandering back about 48 hours later into the like command post practically.

But that went about 10 ways from sideways once she got home and then very hush hush, so...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...pbells-abduction/story-e6frg6nf-1226882933217

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-home-found-safe/story-fnihsrf2-1226881448599

It's at least the only one that comes to mind where revenge/payback was an actual working theory of LE at any point and not simply something others were trying to float as what LE was thinking was the - or even just a - theory.

So, the little one's diaper bag and blanket are missing, per mom. Doubt the child took a diaper bag when she climbed out of the crib and went out for an evening walk. Yes, of course, that is sarcastic ... but if those items are gone, we know that someone took her.

I pray to God that whoever took this child is taking care of her. And will bring her back.

Hmmm ......

The items could be hidden or removed by any perpetrator.

I live in Indiana (not close to Spencer) and yes there is a Meth and Heroin problem in this state. Unfortunately, I believe there is something fishy here too. My gut is telling me police are looking for a body (I hate saying that). I pray that I am wrong.

And yes, Meth is a HUGE problem in that area (all of the state really). Heroin is growing too - there were campaigns last year in a few counties along I-65 to stop the spread of HIV due to heroin use with shared needles.

I agree with others that this case sounds like other cases we've all followed...the accounts from the adults on the scene aren't making sense.

I hope we are all wrong and that little Sharylyn is found safe, and I hope that happens today.

I agree with others that this case sounds like other cases we've all followed...the accounts from the adults on the scene aren't making sense.

I hope we are all wrong and that little Sharylyn is found safe, and I hope that happens today.

Agreed. Praying and sending out good vibes that Shaylyn is found today.

Shaylyn is such a wee little one. Although it's hard to imagine her getting out of her crib by herself, when my youngest was 15 months old she would easily manage to get out of her crib and go to the playroom to color. Thank goodness she never tried to venture outside at night. Actually, none of my children ever just left the house without checking with us first. This is so frightening. I pray she is found safe and unharmed. Although it seems she "could" have gotten out of her crib and walked out of the house, that doesn't "sound" like what happened. At 14-mos she would not have had the wherewithall to take her diaper bag, that's for sure! IMO

Just seen this on SM. Oh dear Lord, not another missing baby :( I just can't take this........Where are you sweet child?????

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have 4 kids and check on them each night- more to just give them one last kiss before bed. That includes my 12 year old. I know they are ok, so I guess it's not really checking on them, but I see them between when they go to bed and when I go to bed!

I do the same with my 4. Also, if I wake up at night for water, I will peek in at the 3 little ones, though not usually my 15 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no, sweet baby...I hate these cases...praying she is found soon.

For some reason, I couldn't find the interview on the news site, but I found it here: [video=youtube;nBR22v3YzA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBR22v3YzA8[/video]

He sounds spacy. I get the impression she was in a pack-n-play, maybe? Instead of a regular crib? And that grandma was in charge of her day-to-day care when she was visiting dad. Are there any vindictive exes in the picture?

Are there any vindictive exes in the picture?

If my math is correct, Shaylyn was conceived around April/May 2014.
Dad filed for divorce from his wife (Deanna) in April 2014.
Mom started a relationship with her now-fiance in June 2014 (according to her facebook).

All of that might not mean anything though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado