In the Queen's bedchamber: 30 years ago, 'shrooms in the soup led to colossal cock-up

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by wfgodot, Feb 19, 2012.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

09 July 2012 will mark the 30th anniversary of Michael Fagan's ridiculously, wonderfully bold break-in at Buckingham Palace and his late-night encounter with HRH Queen Elizabeth II.

Michael Fagan: 'Her nightie was one of those Liberty prints, down to her knees' (Independent on Sunday)
    What exactly took place that night in the royal bedchamber?
    What constituted initial Palace attempts to counter this major security breach?
    How does Fagan account for his - not one, but two - Buckingham Palace break-ins?
    The rest of this highly readable, funny, sad article, with details about the first break-in also, at link above

What Lilibet saw: Michael Fagan, c. 1982

2. Loading...

3. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Parlaying it all into negligible success: 1983 version of "God Save the Queen" Fagan recorded with the Bollock Brothers:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNXunYdINks"]Michael fagan god save the queen.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

4. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

That is classic. I especially enjoy the "Bollock Brothers".

There is so much I'd like to ask that guy. I don't care about her nightie. Did she sleep with a hot water bottle? Does she take a midnight snack? Was she having merely a kip or a full on sleep?

He was "scarderer" than the Queen.

Thankfully both are alive and well. That is crazy though. Lesson learned "Don't be mesing with 'shrooms".

5. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Moderation in all things. Particularly with 'shrooms in the soup.

Quoted by Mr Fagan in the Independent on Sunday article:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwNYqHRHUOQ"]Brain Damage - Pink Floyd (Studio Version) - YouTube[/ame]

6. badhorsie

badhorsie Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...

I must have blocked this from my mind lol. Love the detail of the Royal Madge's nightie and little bare feet.
    I had some shrooms once, all I did was laugh all night :D

7. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

shrooms'll get ya every time. :floorlaugh:

This is one of the funniest stories I've ever read. Where is Monty Python when we need them?

8. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

This is the sort of story some of us cite when we say, happily, "There'll always be an England."