GUILTY IN - Three Children Killed at School Bus Stop, Fulton County, Rochester, 30 Oct 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank god the justice system doesn't operate on change.org petitions and outrage culture, since I simply can't help but notice that change.org petition is rife with errors and misrepresentations of facts regarding this case. I'm going to be generous and just assume say the petitioner is merely misinformed, instead of intentionally misrepresenting the facts to inflame passion.
Our justice system is supposed to be fair and judges are supposed to be unbiased. The petitioner lives in the community and has a right to express opinion and so do all the 15,000+ who have signed so far.

JMO

Our justice system is supposed to be fair and judges are supposed to be unbiased. The petitioner lives in the community and has a right to express opinion and so do all the 15,000+ who have signed so far.

JMO

Yes, the petitioner has the right to express their opinion, in the sense that no one has the right to stop him from thinking and saying whatever he wants. It doesn't mean he is entitled to have his view treated as a serious candidate for the truth. The petition contains both factual errors regarding the case itself as well as baseless insinuations of judicial corruption. Taking into account the facts of the case, the sentencing parameters and other reckless homicide convictions, the sentence is definitely not unduly lenient, nor is there any evidence that the judge and the defendant's family struck some sort of nefarious deal. As such, I have no compunction calling the petitioner out.

NTSB: Lack of School-Bus Stop Awareness Caused Fatal 2018 Indiana Collision

NTSB released its final investigative report into the Rochester County incident on Tuesday and determined that the failure of motorist Alyssa Shepherd to stop for a Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation bus coupled with the district’s failure to safely assess the rural student pick up contributed to the deaths twins Mason and Xzavier Ingle, 6, and their stepsister Alivia Stahl, 9, as well as the multiple broke bones suffered by Maverick Lowe, 11, that required 20 surgeries...

NTSB: Lack of School-Bus Stop Awareness Caused Fatal 2018 Indiana Collision - STN Media

Indiana Court Upholds Woman’s Conviction in Bus Stop Deaths – WBIW

The Indiana Court of Appeals has upheld the felony criminal recklessness conviction of a woman in a crash that killed three siblings who were crossing a rural highway to board a school bus.

However, the court Monday vacated the misdemeanor reckless driving conviction of Alyssa Shepherd because it constituted double jeopardy with the felony charge. It rejected her argument that the state did not present sufficient evidence that she was criminally reckless.

Shepherd’s attorney, Stacy Uliana, said she will seek to have the case transferred to the Indiana Supreme Court.

“We respect the (appeals) court’s decision but we disagree with it,” Uliana said Tuesday.

Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill issued a statement saying, “We understand that no court ruling will fully soothe the pain felt by those who loved these precious children, but we hope this decision assists in healing their aching hearts.”

From the article, to which I heartily agree,and with you, too, IceIce9. Good.

I'm still angry at the slap on the wrist she received.

It holds Shepherd accountable for the deaths of our children and the enormous pain she has caused our family and community. We feel she has received far more breaks since this tragedy began than she deserves including a very light sentence considering she was facing 20 years and will only serve a bit more than 2 years for killing 3 children and permanently injuring another child. To this day Shepherd has not taken responsibility for her actions, has never even apologized for killing our children and has never shown remorse for her actions. She received a 6 month reduction in her sentence for simply completing a Bible Study class which we feel was absurd.

Last edited:
Seriously? I'm speechless, and not in a good way. Unbelievable.
Me too. I’m shocked. Her 10 yr sentence already broken down ridiculously. Now it’s A little more than 2 yrs? Anybody can complete a bible study in prison. There’s nothing else to do.

I’m sorry for these kids’ parents. They must be furious.

Me too. I’m shocked. Her 10 yr sentence already broken down ridiculously. Now it’s A little more than 2 yrs? Anybody can complete a bible study in prison. There’s nothing else to do.

I’m sorry for these kids’ parents. They must be furious.
Why is completing a Bible study in prison worth getting out six months early??

Why is completing a Bible study in prison worth getting out six months early??

I don't know, but it's a travesty to allow this woman her freedom. Her sentence was a joke to begin with. She still has to wear an ankle bracelet for the next three years, and then has three years of probation after, in addition to not having her license back until 2032. These measures are nothing more than inconveniences to her compared to what those other parents are going through. She gets to be at home with her children and resume some semblance of a normal life, where those other parents do not. It doesn't seem fair. I'm not a vengeful or spiteful person, but injustices like this make me so angry. And I hope people of her community watch her like a hawk and never let her forget what she's done, so if she so much as breathes on a steering wheel over the next ten years, someone pulls a Karen on her and calls the police. Where I live, if you are a habitual offender of driving without a license, you'll get more time behind bars than this woman did killing three children.

It doesn't sound like she ever showed an ounce of responsibility or remorse.

It doesn't sound like she ever showed an ounce of responsibility or remorse.

From the article:
Family of the children killed and hurt in the crash said in November that Shepherd had not, at least at that time, attempted to reach out to them or apologize for her actions.

"To this day Shepherd has not taken responsibility for her actions, has never even apologized for killing our children and has never shown remorse for her actions. She received a 6 month reduction in her sentence for simply completing a Bible Study class which we feel was absurd," family member said in a statement last fall.

People on social media are defending her. Even blaming the parents for letting them wait at the bus stop. What is wrong with people?

I'm not surprised. This type of attitude is common with drivers caught blowing through stopped school buses. It's never their fault, always the bus's fault for being invisible.
After this tragedy, I went through YouTube and watched hundreds of videos of people breezing through stopped school buses with their lights on and arms extended. One lady would drive down the sidewalk every morning to pass the school bus on commuter route, not only endangering students, but pedestrians, too.
Every single driver who got pulled over--and I mean every SINGLE ONE--said on camera they didn't see the bus, as if not seeing it were an excuse. My belief is when this happens, they automatically lose their license until they have a professional eye exam, because if they can't see this huge yellow object with flashing red lights in the next lane over, they can't see road signs and are they're not fit to drive.
This woman has children
This woman worked with children
This woman, at one point, either got on a school bus or went to a school and witnessed other students being dropped off at school. She didn't just crawl out from under a rock that morning and saw flashing red lights for the first time.
She knew what flashing red lights meant, regardless of what type of vehicles they were attached to. There's no way she couldn't have known or she wouldn't have been able to obtain a license. She admitted she saw the lights, but refuses to take responsibility for not acting accordingly because she didn't know what those lights were attached to. But that doesn't matter if she knew that or not. It didn't matter what those red lights were for-it could have been a flashing red light for an intersection, which means stop. It could have been for a fire truck or police car, which means use caution/pull over, ie, stop. In every state I know, regardless of what those lights are for, there's some sort of law tied to them that involves slowing down, pulling over, using caution, or stopping. She did NONE of those. There was no accident here, as her defense attorney claims. An accident would have been if the bus driver forgot to turn on the stop signals and it caught her unaware. An accident would have been if there was snow or black ice on the road, and she tried to stop, but her vehicle kept going. An accident would have been her brakes malfunctioning IF she'd tried to stop. This was no accident. An accident denotes something beyond one's control. This was a wilful act of negligence-either a flagrant disregard for the law or she getting behind the wheel while impaired with sleep deprivation, which I'm thinking is what happened, but there's no way to prove it. This was no accident, and she is no victim. Whether her intent was to harm children or not, her decisions, her wilful acts did.

Alyssa Shepherd got off too easy. Anyways, I looked at various social media, she is a pariah. One likened her to Northern Indiana's Casey Anthony, as she is most hated. Alyssa Shepherd joins other public enemies and most hated like Casey Anthony, Rebecca Grossman, Sam Bankman-Fried, Lori Drew, Jerry Sandusky, Osama bin Laden, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Pol Pot.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StuartGotz