IN - Troy Schnitz for child abuse, Huntington, 2011

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Gingy, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Gingy

Gingy New Member

I hope I am doing this right (my first thread started - and so sad to be posting this).

I had to stop reading this article before I could finish it. I have no words other than to say a prayer for this poor little boy and hope that he receives the justice he deserves.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/crime/ind-dad-admits-repeatedly-beating-baby

2. Loading...

3. julie2

julie2 Lesson learned = No regrets

OMG! He is out on bond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Gingy

Gingy New Member

Horrible, isn't it? He admitted to doing this to his son and is out!

Apparently someone put up the $10K for him. The prosecutor said that he should then have to pay for his lawyer if he can afford that, but the judge assigned him a public defender too.

5. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

Got to help the defendant. The heck with the victim. Gag me.

6. Gingy

Gingy New Member

I have been unable to find an update on this case, but did find 2 things.

1. The mom was 17 when she gave birth and is expecting baby #2.
    2. The baby's name is Kaiden. I found the mom's MySpace page with photos of this beautiful child. I don't know if I can post it, but search Kaiden Schnitz and it will come up.

7. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Troy Schnitz "father".

Supposeldy under the influence of synthetic weed which caused him to lose control and beat not only an infant into blindness, but his own infant.

They have a FB story here about it. I didn't read all the comments.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ban-K2-in-the-US/153074264707106

Bless baby Kaiden. Unimagineable.

Special thanks Gingy ya did good posting your first thread starter. So sad though.

8. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

9. Gingy

Gingy New Member

10. vlpate

vlpate Sleuther with a porpoise

Why wasn't the mother charged? She didn't know this was happening to her son? She's pregnant again? He slammed the bottle in the baby's mouthed and then blinded him and she didn't know???? The article also says the baby was taken to the hospital at one point, why didn't the hospital question this child's condition??

Even if this angel lives, there's severe brain damage. I wonder how much the bond for murder will be? Ridiculous Judges.

11. Gingy

Gingy New Member

There seems to be a lot of that going around - no questioning of a child's condition. It makes me wonder what's the point of mandated reporters if they aren't reporting or questioning what the heck is going on. And, why wasn't the mom charged - no clue. There is very little in the media on this case.

I know. :( It breaks my heart. Can they change the bond with him being out? (IDK the 'ins and outs' of this - that's why I'm asking).

I also saw a "Free Troy Schnitz" page on FB (yes, really). Seems that his brother and sister are advocating for him. That he's really great with kids/a great dad and it was the synthetic drug that 'made' him do this. That the media has it all wrong. :maddening:

*If* (and that's a big IF) that is in fact the case - that he "was" a great dad - WTH makes him 'seek' out his infant son and do this when he's high? I.just.don't.get.it.

12. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

Mandated reporters have been failing left and right. They need to start charging them for not reporting. That's why it's a freaking LAW!

13. Gingy

Gingy New Member

Update from the public record (court info - link up thread). Schnitz has hired an attorney. No more public defender.

03/12/2012 Hearing Journal Entry (Judicial Officer: Hakes, Thomas )
    State appears by Prosecutor Amy Richison. Defendant appears in person and by counsel, Jeremy Nix. The defendant has hired private counsel. Court sets appearance of counsel for March 19, 2012 at 9:30 a.m. LNT: Prosecutor, Probation, Atty Nix & Bondsman.

03/13/2012 Appearance Filed
    Attorney Essex files Appearance (by fax) on behalf of Defendant. Status hearing remains set for March 19, 2012 at 9:30 a.m. LNT: Prosecutor, Probation, Attorney Essex, Attorney Nix
    For Party: Schnitz, Troy Allan
    Attorney: Essex, Thomas D.
    File Stamp: 03/12/2012

03/19/2012 Status Conference (9:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Hakes, Thomas)
    Appearance of private counsel. Counsel called 3-15 to state he will be here by 10:30.

14. lauriej

lauriej 'wild rose country...'

--what a horrific monster!

--from looking at her myspace, the baby that he practically killed IS baby #2.

--baby #1 "K" was born in feb.2010-----baby #2 "R" ( named in the media article ) would have been born approx. june 2011 , as he was 4 months old in oct. 2011.

--she has 1 hero---her husband troy ( greatest guy on the planet, loving , caring----someone that can be relied on.) they were married june 2009.

--i find it hard to believe that she was oblivious to the babies injuries, the article never mentions where mom WAS during this time.

--it's sickening that he was able to bond out, where does a 22 year old drug user get 10 grand from, i wonder.

15. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

Pled guilty in October 2012 without a plea deal.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNEnj5P0tSw3Wr6mdGLHIDFjj0dx4Q

16. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNEnj5P0tSw3Wr6mdGLHIDFjj0dx4Q

17. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member