GUILTY IN - Two killed, 7 injured as explosion rocks Indy neighborhood, 10 Nov 2012

Can you imagine if charges are ever made? The way prosecutors stack charges, there would be dozens of counts of homicide, hundreds for assault, property damage, creating a catastrophe, and maybe even domestic terrorism. And probably more I'm not even thinking of.

I sure hope that charges are made against those responsible, since authorities don't think this was accidental.
The charges for two dead people could be felony murders, I presume. For felony murder, one doesn't need to have an intent to kill a person, but if a person ends up dead while the perp was committing a felony, that is a felony murder.

I heard an explosion like this one time, and I was about 6 blocks away. It broke a couple of windows. When we went to see what it was it looked almost the same as this house. Luckily no one was home. The explosion was attributed to a natural gas leak.

Gosh, there is so much going on in this case besides the blast. She has an accent....do we know if she is from the Ukraine? Not too good at picking men, imo. Being an ICU nurse, I certainly hope she had no knowledge of it. White van seen in neighborhood prior to explosion. Two men seen entering house. Truck parked in the front of house for days and then moved on the afternoon of the explosion. All vehicles belonging to the house were not there. DV charges flying left and right. Chaper 13 filed.....and cat boarded.

They will find whoever was responsible. Turn them loose and have a neighborhood block party, imo. A young couple gone forever and so many suffered....or will be for a long time. Makes you want to be a "nosy neighbor" for sure. This and the train accident in TX is just senseless.

Sound of the explosion caught on web cam:

ETA: This link says only 4 miles away. ?? http://www.indystar.com/article/201...k-Blast-effects-reach-across-all-Indianapolis

http://www.indystar.com/article/20121119/NEWS/121119040/Authorities-call-Richmond-Hill-explosion-homicide-case-seek-details-white-van?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CIndyStar.com&nclick_check=1

Some things that are particularly suspicious:

• Everyone in the targeted household happened to be away during the explosion, including the cat.
  • The house had been on the market but was taken off in March. A house worth $230,000 had a sale price of $149,000.
  • Owners claimed earlier problems with furnace, smell of gas; mentioned to ex, but no complaint filed with energy company.
  • History of bankruptcy/ financial difficulties
  • BF has criminal record; criminal connections, maybe
Just speculation: Were the homeowners looking for an insurance settlement on the house? As you said, oceanblue, maybe they underestimated the force of the blast.

What a shame that two innocent, hard-working, much-loved people lost their lives, possibly due to greedy neighbors who only thought of themselves. :(

WOW! Only a Sociopath would do something so horrifying. Just my opinion and may justice be serves.

more suspicious things:

-all vehicles (2-3) weren't home at the time of the explosion
-moncy (woman who owned the house) got a lawyer asap
-neither moncy or her b/f would look at the camera during interviews with media and the b/f admonished one reporter for filming him over a minute after the filming had begun where he was speaking directly to the reporter (lol)
-reports on one indy tv station's fb page that neighbours say they saw two men either entering or leaving the home that day

BBM I missed this video or article. Can someone link..please? TIA

WOW! Only a Sociopath would do something so horrifying. Just my opinion and may justice be serves.

FWIW, many sociopaths use fire as problem solvers or wipe a slate clean. Burn that house or car down for insurance money. To get rid of unwanted people like spouse and children. To get revenge.

Indiana home explosion investigated as homicide

By CHARLES WILSON, AP
26 minutes ago

INDIANAPOLIS — The house explosion that killed two people and destroyed several homes in an Indianapolis neighborhood is now being investigated as a homicide, authorities said, though no suspects have been named.

Indianapolis Homeland Security Director Gary Coons announced the criminal investigation Monday evening, shortly after a funeral was held for the husband and wife who had lived next door to the house where investigators believe the blast occurred.

"We are turning this into a criminal homicide investigation," Coons said after meeting with residents, the first public acknowledgement by investigators of a possible criminal element to the Nov. 10 explosion.

Search warrants have been executed and officials are now looking for a white van that was seen in the subdivision on the day of the blast, Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry said. Federal authorities are offering a $10,000 reward for information in the case...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20121119/US.Indianapolis.House.Explosion/

From your link, it says:
Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry said investigators were specifically looking for information about a white van seen in the neighborhood the day of the explosion, which a source told RTV6 had been impounded at a south side motel called the Cavalier's Resort, near Thompson Road and U.S. 31, a few days after the explosion.

Kind of hard to read, but it looks like the sign might say Cavalier's Resort in this Google Maps view - along with some white vans:
http://goo.gl/maps/MSC5G

From your link, it says:

Kind of hard to read, but it looks like the sign might say Cavalier's Resort in this Google Maps view - along with some white vans:
http://goo.gl/maps/MSC5G

Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry said investigators were specifically looking for information about a white van seen in the neighborhood the day of the explosion, which a source told RTV6 had been impounded at a south side motel called the Cavalier's Resort, near Thompson Road and U.S. 31, a few days after the explosion.
RTV6 confirmed that Mark Leonard, the boyfriend of Monserrate Shirley, who owned the home that exploded, worked as grounds and security manager at the facility.
<snipped>
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...w-criminal-homicide-investigation-source-says

My parents&#8217; house had a gas explosion and I learned a little about what happens. They are quite rare because two key elements must exist for one to happen 1) there must be a sufficient concentration of gas mixed with air (oxygen) in a confined space such as one or more rooms and 2) a live flame, spark, electric arc etc to trigger the explosion.

If anyone were home, the smell of gas would be very evident before the critical concentration of gas was reached. If a gas leak were to occur in an unoccupied home, the necessary concentration could build up to the critical level and it could be triggered by an open flame such as a pilot light, but the gas concentration would be at the threshold level; the minimum level to explode, so the force of the explosion would be somewhat limited. This is essentially what happened to my parents house and the explosion damaged (but did not destroy) the lower floor of the house. No neighboring homes were damaged.

For the concentration of gas to build up so high as to cause this sort of damage, there would have been no ignition source that had been on all along. Some flame, spark or arc must have suddenly occurred after the gas concentration became extremely high. I can think of no obvious source of such an igniting event in an empty house. Furthermore, gas does not corrode gas lines so they are very unlikely to spontaneously "fail". They usually fail when they are being worked on.

There is a strong suspicion that someone caused the gas to leak and then set some sort of a timing device that would emit a spark after the house had a chance to fill up with gas (and the perp had a chance to get away).

On the other hand, a perfectly innocent chain of event could have caused it. My parent' home was damaged by a freak broken limb that damaged a gas line and an electrical line. One thing we can be sure, this will be extensively investigated.

yhejaqy3.jpg

Look what's in the driveway!!

Look what's in the driveway!!

Sure enough! I never saw that before. Google maps always uses their "45 degree" view when I zoom in on the area - but if I switch it off...
Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back