IN - Unknown boy, 2, Found in forest in Greene County, 10 Aug 2013

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by M.James, Aug 10, 2013.

1. M.James

M.James New Member

Sorry, I think this is the first thread I've posted, so am not sure of the 'rules'.

I can't find any other stories about this, nor have I seen anything on the news:

http://www.newsbarb.com/2013/08/10/two-year-old-found-in-greene-sullivan-forest/

“He was covered in bugs and leaves and spider webs and dirt,” Lewellyn explained. “He was absolutely covered in bites, scratches, and bruises. It scared me to death. I didn’t know if he’d wandered away from a campsite, because we were in the Greene Sullivan State Forest and there are campsites everywhere. So I screamed and I hollered and nobody answered.”

I'd be curious to read updated information on this.

2. Loading...

3. tiredblondy

tiredblondy New Member

Couldn't the mother call or go to a neighbors house and call 911? That little fella was gone an awful long time to have been found 2 miles from his home!

4. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

that mother is extremely lucky that this guy just happened to be driving though that forest

poor little boy )-;

5. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels 2 Corinthians 13:11

Yes, this is one lucky little boy. I think the angels were beside him that day. It would be so easy to point fingers at the Mom, but we really don't know what was going on. For all we know she had gotten 2 hours sleep taking care of sick kids, and this little adventurer hit the trail. While certainly not a good thing, let's hope the cause is something as benign as that vs. chronic neglect. Regardless, our little hiker is indeed a lucky lad.

6. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

A man arrived on scene and told officials that a woman had flagged him down and told him she was looking for her child.

It sure seems the mother is either intellectually disabled OR possibly hiding something.

She flags a man down and says she is looking for her child? Why not ask the man to CALL THE POLICE! The authorities won't help find a lost puppy but they will go all out when small kid gets lost. She didn't have a car, she claims the kid may have take her keys (who knows what that is supposed to mean), didn't she have a phone at the house? The whole thing is hinky to an extreme. Was she hiding something at the house so she didn't want the police to visit?

If I were that guy I would have been creeped out to an extreme finding a tiny kid like that wandering in the middle of no where. Maybe I have watched one to many horror movies but I surely wouldn't have been "Yelling" in those woods calling for anyone that might be around. I would hesitantly put the kid in the back seat and quietly driven the heck out of there asap.

7. MadamReporter

MadamReporter Thin-Ice Skater

That little boy had to have been missing for DAYS to get as far as he did in a FOREST ...BAREFOOT.

I hope they took the baby to the hospital and the wretched mother to the jail.

8. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

I'll reserve judgment on the mother until we know more facts. When my twins were young, I was home cooking dinner along with my daughters, 5 and 8. I could hear the kids watching tv, and the boys were wandering in and out of the kitchen.

The next thing I know, someone is knocking on my door holding one of my bare-foot, diaper-clad sons. It was one of my neighbors and she had picked him up over a block away going strong. I didn't even know he could open the door, he was around 2 years old, maybe a bit less, and I'm surprised his twin brother didn't go with him.

Stuff happens - all the time - and no one is a perfect parent.

9. AlwaysShocked

AlwaysShocked Well-Known Member

I agree with the man who found the child that it would take a two year old quite some time to walk two miles through the woods. Someone needs to take a very close look at this mother.

10. believe09

believe09 Active Member

Little man was naked and lost? I hate this story.

11. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

12. Zuri

Zuri Active Member

I have had similar experiences with my youngest child. Heart attack city. She is now 20, and fortunately knows her way home. Very scary.

13. M.James

M.James New Member

I know. I searched Google as well as I knew how after hearing the story, and finally had to ask someone for a link. Others have said it's 'under investigation.'

What I did do was check some of the names to make sure the people were who the article said the were, and they checked out. I also checked some of the other stories and they had been printed elsewhere, so they appear ok. But, I'm still curious about it.
    Still finding nothing on this one, though. Anyone know how to find out more about this?

I agree with everyone. This is a lucky little guy to be found at all. And luckier to be found by a good guy.

This made me cry:

The child was screaming and crying, and Lewellyn described the boy coming to him and reaching up with his arms.

14. M.James

M.James New Member

Guess I should've checked again before replying. It seems the story is finally making it to local stations, Although, I'm not sure how I missed them yesterday:

http://wthitv.com/dpp,
    wbiw.com

Sorry, I'm having trouble with linking, I guess. I typed 'greene sullivan forest into Google and the story came up at newstations.
    Apologies, but some new computer updates are still leaving me guessing on how to do a few things.

15. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

16. M.James

M.James New Member

17. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

I had my doubts. It's such an interesting story that, usually, MSM would have jumped on it. Also, as it was said to have occurred - did occur, now we know - in Greene County, I thought someone might be having fun with an interesting old tale....

Green children of Woolpit. (Wiki)

18. M.James

M.James New Member

That's a new one on me. Very interesting, though.

I was thinking it may have been something to take people's minds off another recent, tragic event at Greene-Sullivan.
    It is possible to 'lose' someone at Greene-Sullivan indefinitely.

19. Strangeworld

Strangeworld Active Member

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/52743457/

Hasler says child welfare officials are also investigating

No charges were immediately filed and police aren't releasing more information about the child.

20. Strangeworld

Strangeworld Active Member

21. Donamena

Donamena Former Member

Just curious, how long would it take a 2-year old to wander 2 miles? Is his home in the forest? How lucky that he managed to get to a gravel road. Puzzling.