Increased focus on hitchhiking

Discussion in 'Western Canada's Highway of Tears' started by WhyaDuck?, Feb 17, 2011.

1. WhyaDuck?

WhyaDuck? Inactive

February 02, 2011

More at:
    http://www.bclocalnews.com/bc_north/houston-today/news/115031769.html

2. Loading...

3. chemcopout

chemcopout New Member

sometimes i think that if rcmp had some undercover agents along hwy 16 posing as hitchhiking women, they could possibly catch the killer. yet that would probably be asking too much of the rcmp.

it would be great to make a list of all the names of the missing/deceased and those who have had their killers caught; those still unsolved...

4. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

So dangerous. My parents made me watch a show about a girl who was hitching here in the states. She was raped, partially dismembered alive and left for dead. She survived. That made a lasting impression on me. I NEVER hitched, never even took rides from friends of friends.

It seems as if hitching is (or was in the not so distant past) a pretty common thing in the area. Perfect place to pick a victim. Not too difficult to find a place along the route to dump a body. It seems from the geography that there are vast unpopulated or sparsely populated areas. Makes you wonder how many bodies are out there, undiscovered. When you think of the numbers of the missing.

Does anyone know if it is still a common practice along the highway of tears? Have the psa's reduced the number of hitchhikers?

5. AbbieNormal

AbbieNormal Runs With Scissors

I wonder why, after so many years of women going missing and said to be hitch hiking that women don't take heed and NOT hitch hike at all, but especially in this location.
    Reminds me of the Sea-Tac highway between Seattle and Tacoma, WA where so many females (majority of them prostitutes) have been killed and their bodies found.

abbie

6. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Finally, a bit of good news!
    https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...-tears-partial-bus-service-ready-to-roll.html
    By Tanya TalagaStaff Reporter
    Fri., Jan. 27, 2017
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: