Indefinite detention bill

IWannaKnow

Reaction score
http://articles.sfgate.com/2011-12-...reat-terrorism-convictions-christopher-anders

Feinstein fights terror suspect-detention bill

December 14, 2011|
Carolyn Lochhead, Chronicle Washington Bureau

Legislation to permit the government to imprison American citizens indefinitely without trial if they are suspected of terrorism is expected to pass the House today and the Senate this week, despite the efforts of unlikely allies including Sens. Dianne Feinstein, a California Democrat, and Rand Paul, a Tea Party-backed Kentucky Republican, to block the move.

The controversial language is contained in the $662 billion defense authorization bill.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/15/indefinite-military-detention-bill-passes_n_1152114.html

Indefinite Military Detention Measure Passes On Bill Of Rights Day
First Posted: 12/15/11 05:24 PM ET Updated: 12/15/11 08:30 PM ET
Michael McAuliff

WASHINGTON -- The Senate passed a defense bill Thursday that authorizes indefinite detentions of American terrorism suspects, coincidentally acting on the controversial measure on the 220th anniversary of the ratification of the Bill of Rights.

ARGHHHHH! Unconstitutional! How frightening, it brings to mind when people could have others committed to mental intuitions just because they felt like it.

Seems like every day, more of our rights and civil liberties are being taken away.
:twocents:

Ow, the government just slapped me and it's going to hurt more as time goes on.

where'd America go? you know....land of the FREE...

I smell a modern day witch hunt on the horizon (or communist hunt)-- this is appalling! I also think there may be a trend of emigration to countries that are practicing the democracy we all THOUGHT we had. :maddening:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back