Indictment will be released...10/25/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelly;9921086

I don't know, but my guess is it was one of two reasons:

1. A bluff. He knows a judge is unlikely to release all records of the GJ so he hopes by playing the victim, yet again, he can get what he really wants, which of course would be none of the records released. OR

2. Patsy will look far guiltier than he will if the entire record is released.

Just my opinion, of course. But I still expect that he is doing everything in his power right now to stop this release. I bet his Lawyers are not getting any sleep tonight!

Hopefully, neither will he.
JR needs to accept that this is out of his control and 'let it be', so to speak. This is where the road has led and now people can assess the information and come to their own conclusions. According to him, the grand jury was just 'more drama', anyway, so what's he worried about? I'm thinking there's something in that indictment that he desperately wants to keep quiet. We already know the grand jury voted to indict, so no surprise there, so my guess is something to do with his character, his reputation. Since he wants Everything released, he must think that on its own, this information is very damaging to him. Never mind PR, he'll throw her under the bus in a heartbeat, IMO, this is about him. moo

JR would be smart to not object, after all ....he still has Mary Lacy's stupid statement to hang his hat on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I am so happy!! Even if this doesn't lead to any sort of trial, this is a lot of movement/developments for an almost-twenty-year-old case which is a crazy positive.

Also, this guy, Andrew Cohen, who is a legal analyst for CBS says he think it's likely the judge's decision will be appealed.

Judge orders release of parents' indictment in JonBenet Ramsey case
Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:24pm EDT :
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/23/us-usa-crime-jonbenet-idUSBRE99M1GA20131023

"Attorney Thomas Kelley, who represents the plaintiffs - a Boulder newspaper reporter and the Reporters Committee for the Freedom of the Press - said the documents could provide answers to some lingering questions about the case.
"But," said Kelley, "I don't think it will help us understand this inscrutable crime"
He added the judge's decision represents a victory for freedom of the press.
"When a grand jury puts a year of work into an investigation, they are entitled have the results of their work known by the public," Kelley said. "When the district attorney simply discharges the grand jury and tells them everything is secret, the public's right to know is severely compromised."

I wonder if when other parents who have killed their kids and have gotten away with it so far...see this latest headline...Does it make them realize that even years later, they will still be dealing with what they did? That it's never going to go away? It has to put some fear into them.

I wonder if when other parents who have killed their kids and have gotten away with it so far...see this latest headline...Does it make them realize that even years later, they will still be dealing with what they did? That it's never going to go away? It has to put some fear into them.

Hope it puts a load of fear into any guilty parents who have gotten away with murder (a couple come to mind). However, how many cases have gotten the attention given to the JBR case? How many unsolved cases have advocates working tirelessly for justice? This is the most unique case I, personally, have ever known.

Hope it puts a load of fear into any guilty parents who have gotten away with murder (a couple come to mind). However, how many cases have gotten the attention given to the JBR case? How many unsolved cases have advocates working tirelessly for justice? This is the most unique case I, personally, have ever known.

That makes two of us.

I personally think the indictment will show that JR and PR were abusing poor Jon Benet right up until her death. :( JMO

Was wondering when we would hear from LW. Here we go: http://news.yahoo.com/judge-orders-release-jonbenet-grand-jury-docs-172509634.html
L. Lin Wood, said he's confident that no evidence in the grand jury case implicated the Ramsey family and the public should be able to see that for themselves.

"Anything less than the release of all of the proceedings is a gross injustice to the Ramsey family," he said.

I don't have words here. . . .Statements like this kind of short circuit my neuron synapses. Someone like SuperDave needs to help put this in the right framework!

I personally think the indictment will show that JR and PR were abusing poor Jon Benet right up until her death. :( JMO

That's my theory too, rachaellouise. And as sad as that makes me, I hope that this CAN be a stepping stone in the truth being unfolded and justice finally being served to JonBenet. She deserves it.

Way back when this was a ONE subject forum you can find my words of Fear that John & Patsy were paving the path for those to follow and now a huge majority of all of the Countless other forums that have been added here since that time have used some of their Countless Old Tricks, so is this as Sweet as it can be for Me? Ummm ~ Yeah.

Everyone Enjoy!
RR

If the plot thickens after the release....I wonder if he will start the blame the dead person for everything campaign...

anyway,this is pretty telling to me and it somehow confirms what I've been feeling for a long time

"It appears that the District Attorney, presumably acting at the discretion of the grand jury, prepared a series of possible charges regarding John Ramsey and Patricia Ramsey based on the fact that the child had died and that there was evidence that a sexual assault of the child had occurred,"

and there was them on LKL playing dumb!

Larry King: If it was a pedophile, was your daughter sexually abused?

Patsy Ramsey: I don't believe there is conclusive evidence of that.

John Ramsey: We don't know.

KING: Have you talked to them about -- do they send you the autopsy reports?

John Ramsey: No, no.

Patsy Ramsey: No.

John Ramsey: We've -- the police have not talked to us at all. We don't know what's been done.

Larry King: Well, they have questioned you, right?

John Ramsey: They have questioned us extensively.

Larry King: But they haven't told you anything about -- you have not seen the death certificate?

John Ramsey: No.

Patsy Ramsey: No.

Larry King: You don't know how your daughter died?

Patsy Ramsey: Well, we do.

John Ramsey: We do.

Patsy Ramsey: From what we...

John Ramsey: She was strangled.

Larry King: That's the cause of death, strangulation?

John Ramsey: That's the cause of death.

Larry King: But you don't know if any sexual activity took place?

John Ramsey: It's not clear to me that there was. We don't know. It's one of those questions you don't want to know the answer to, frankly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth