Individuals and Companies that have donated to the Coronavirus COVID-19 cause

I'm glad the rich and famous are donating millions - something I don't have to give.

However, yesterday my husband and I did order $500 worth of chicken from the local butcher to be delivered to the local Salvation Army food bank. The butcher is struggling to fill this order so nothing will be delivered until next week. The Salvation Army is thrilled to be able to offer chicken soon - they do okay with beef according to them, but rarely have chicken to offer. This surprises me - have you seen the price of beef lately?

Anyway, don't tell my husband it's $500 worth - I told him it's $200. I don't think he reads WS posts. It's my emergency money - this is an emergency imo. There will be a gap where those that have been unable to work will run out of money before any government relief kicks in. The thought of hungry kids in my community was starting to keep me up at night.

If you can - one chicken or a box of powdered milk will be meaningful to someone, somewhere.
This is an awesome post. Donations don’t have to be famous or huge to be significant. Chicken is a great idea. And lol to your little fib. Keep us posted if he figures it out.

This is an awesome post. Donations don’t have to be famous or huge to be significant. Chicken is a great idea. And lol to your little fib. Keep us posted if he figures it out.

Thank-you for your very kind reply. He's stuck in Dubai where he spends much of the year earning a living - he cancelled a planned return trip to Canada on 9 March, it became obvious CV19 was about to blow up and the risk wasn't worth it. Not only can he not get out now even if he wanted to, Dubai, possibly the whole of UAE, has confined everyone to their dwelling for now.

Seems like the right opportunity to sneak this by him. We'll see.

Cheers!

Singer P!nk reveals she had coronavirus, donates to Temple University hospital

Doylestown native P!nk revealed Friday night that she has recovered from coronavirus and is donating to Temple University Hospital as medical professionals there continue to fight the virus.

According to P!nk's Twitter account, she and her son began showing symptoms of COVID-19 about two weeks ago. She tested positive and spent the last couple of weeks sheltering at home.

P!nk said she and her son have since tested negative for the virus.

First responders get fast-lane service at some grocery stores

In an effort to support those on the front lines, some grocery stores in New York are creating "express lanes" for first responders.

PSK Market, Foodtown and Pathmark stores have already established the special first-responder lanes and announced they will hand out $100,000 in gift cards to people who work in hospitals.

"After a 12-hour shift, we should get them through the aisles, and let them get what they need," said Eric Adams, the Brooklyn borough president who is a former police officer.

Adams said he hopes the first-responder supermarket "express lanes" will catch on across the state and nation.

"All first responders should simply be brought to the front of the line," says Adams.

Coronavirus live updates: US has largest number of deaths in 24-hour span

Paris Hilton and Nicky Hilton Rothschild's family are donating a whopping $10 million to help COVID-19 relief funds.

The donation was announced on Wednesday, with roughly half of the funds going address, 'the urgent needs facing the homeless population in Los Angeles.'

The other half of the funds will be devoted to, 'helping African countries prepare for a pending outbreak,' according to the Hilton Foundation website.

Hilton Foundation announces $10 million donation to COVID-19 relief organizations | Daily Mail Online

My $500 order will not be filled by the local butcher. Left 2 messages this week, they are not returning my calls. No idea what happened - it's fine to say no, but to hide from or ignore me now seems rather cowardly imo.

I called the Salvation Army and apologized profusely - they were relieved to hear the order is not coming. Turns out they had a large delivery this week that took up most of the freezer space that was needed. Maybe the butcher supplied this with another order? SA will call me at a future date if they ever get low on food though. It's all good.

Will tell my husband the $200 chicken order didn't happen.

My $500 order will not be filled by the local butcher. Left 2 messages this week, they are not returning my calls. No idea what happened - it's fine to say no, but to hide from or ignore me now seems rather cowardly imo.

I called the Salvation Army and apologized profusely - they were relieved to hear the order is not coming. Turns out they had a large delivery this week that took up most of the freezer space that was needed. Maybe the butcher supplied this with another order? SA will call me at a future date if they ever get low on food though. It's all good.

Will tell my husband the $200 chicken order didn't happen.
Haha- yes! If we’ve learned anything here on WS, it’s best to keep your story straight in the interrogation room. And maybe call the butcher & guy with the walk-in freezer first.:D

PS: I hope your butcher’s ok. He/she could be ill or have a family member ill. If the shop’s open, maybe someone else is running the show temporarily?

Last edited:
Amid the pandemic, Boston man send grocery store gift cards to people with disabilities

As economic concerns mount for millions of U.S. residents amid the coronavirus public health crisis, one 23-year-old Boston man is doing his part to ensure disabled people are getting the food they need during the pandemic, according to news outlets.

WBZ reported that Esteban Barriga, who is autistic, was worried about individuals who cannot wait in long lines at food banks. So, he and his mother, who live in West Roxbury, created a fundraising initiative to buy grocery store gift cards for those in need.

“We want to help [disabled] people who are poor and have no money, no jobs. They also have special needs,” Barriga told WBZ.

The duo has sent gift cards to residents in Chelsea, Everett and Fall River, and they were looking to send a few to people in Salem, according to the news outlet.

Barriga and his mother, Maribel Rueda, have raised more than $500 since starting the initiative Wednesday, and the two have been receiving messages of support on their Facebook page.

“This amazing young man with autism saw people falling through the cracks and decided to do something about it! Let’s help him help them,” one person wrote online.

People can donate to Esteban and Rueda’s efforts by visiting their Facebook page.

Disney face masks: Company introduces cloth masks for $19.99 a 4-pack

The company said it will donate all profits from the sales, up to $1 million, to Medshare – a nonprofit organization that recovers surplus medical supplies from the U.S. and redistributes them to hospitals in developing countries – through Sept. 30.

Disney is also donating 1 million cloth face masks for children and families in underserved communities across the U.S., to be distributed by MedShare.

Harry Potter author gives $1.25 million to coronavirus charities

Harry Potter author JK Rowling is donating $1.25 million to two charities helping vulnerable people during the coronavirus pandemic.

Rowling made the announcement on Twitter saying that on the 22nd anniversary of the “Battle of Hogwarts” – a significant event in the books – it was “inappropriate” to talk about fictional deaths where “many people are losing loved ones in the real world.”

Rowling said the donation will be split between two UK charities –– one that helps people experiencing homelessness and the other which provides refuge from domestic abuse.

Coronavirus pandemic: Updates from around the world - CNN

Angels Among Us: Agawam Lions Club members build home desks for school children

Chris DiMauro’s daughter sets up for remote learning every morning on the family’s dining room table, but by dinner time this third-grader has to put everything away. The family lives in a small home and doesn’t have anywhere else for her to attend at-home classes during the pandemic.

“It’s difficult because she’ll be working on a school project and we’ll want to take things down so we can have dinner,” explains her father. “She gets upset because that’s her workspace.”

Finding adequate learning space has been challenging for students across Western Massachusetts. Some are setting up on kitchen tables, countertops or sitting on their beds wired into virtual classrooms because COVID-19 has closed the real thing.

Cheryl Terramagra tried to buy a desk for her 8-year old son online, but it was pricey and on a two-month backorder. The family tabled that idea and came up with their own solution.

“My father sawed a round kitchen table in half and we screwed it to the wall,” she explained. “We refinished it, and our son is using it as his working space in the living room.”

In some homes, parents and their children are crammed together, trying to find and share space as they work and learn online. With desks at a premium, the Agawam Lions Club is stepping up and building wooden desks for any Agawam Public Schools student who needs one.

“This is a difficult time for children. We want to build a little life raft for them to give them some normalcy. Here’s something just for you, something that you have control over. This is your desk,” says DiMauro, a member of the Agawam Lions Club.

By the end of December, the club had requests for nearly 200 desks. Several club members have been making them in their home workshops. The Home Depot in Westfield has been providing the club the lumber at a reduced price, but when funds started running short, the club waited for an outright corporate donation. It came this week in the form of $1,500 worth of wood, screws and sealant, enough to build 150 desks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back