Infant Cold Medicine Recalled......

I think what they are going to find is that more babies will die now because idiotic parents (those "rare" kind) will be giving their babies the adult meds in tiny doses which will probably end up harming their babies even more. :mad:

Taxi, I firmly agree with you. I do believe that parents will now "water down" the child dosage for their babies.

Everyone knows not to switch meds, and to give the right amount for the right weight...sadly it doesn't always happen. A couple of years ago one of my friends niece actually killed her 2 year old by incorrectly medicating. Her older son had had pnemonia and had been prescribed a codine cough medicine. She gave her younger child what she though would be an appropriate dose for him of that medicine. He only had a cold...he never woke up....

People will do this same thing with over-the-counter meds too. I think we will see a bigger problem because of the recall. :twocents: :twocents:

Lynie

First the infant meds, now the toddlers:

http://wral.com/news/science/story/2315347/
Cold meds too risky for tots
Posted: Today at 12:02 a.m.
Updated: 16 minutes ago
WASHINGTON — Parents may be left with only love and lots of liquid to give their sniffling babies and toddlers now that the government is declaring over-the-counter cough and cold medicines too risky for tots.
The Food and Drug Administration was issuing that warning Thursday to parents of children under 2.
It's a move expected for months: Drug companies last October quit selling dozens of versions of nonprescription cold remedies targeted specifically to babies and toddlers. That month, the FDA's scientific advisers also voted that the drugs don't work in small children and shouldn't be used in preschoolers, either - anyone under age 6.

(more at link)

The article goes on to say there's no evidence these help children. I don't know whose children they are observing, but cough and cold meds have helped my children!! Especially when it comes to sleeping at night comfortably.

I'm not one to just medicate freely either! This just aggravates me for some reason.

Next they'll be taking away my Robitussin DM. :mad:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27