Infinity pool!

Stunning!!! Beautiful!!!! And, if an adult wants to put himself or herself at risk, I say more power to them. However, no one should take a child there.

Stunning!!! Beautiful!!!! And, if an adult wants to put himself or herself at risk, I say more power to them. However, no one should take a child there.

Yep. If I wasn't a mom I might have done this. Not standing on the edge or whatever though, but getting close there... I probably would have done that before I had DD. But to take a kid there... that's just stupid. I also couldn't bear the thought of my daughter losing her mom over something daredevilish, so I wouldn't do it now anymore.

Yep. If I wasn't a mom I might have done this. Not standing on the edge or whatever though, but getting close there... I probably would have done that before I had DD. But to take a kid there... that's just stupid. I also couldn't bear the thought of my daughter losing her mom over something daredevilish, so I wouldn't do it now anymore.

Absolutely!! There are so many more important considerations once we become parents. No longer do we have the luxury of being too adventurous.

:eek: Yikes! :eek:

I also question why the people in the pictures have their children so close to the edge and near it at all. :(

In the article it states that there is a natural barrier at certain times of the year to prevent anyone from going over the edge.

If our kids wanted to try the falls we would let them. It would be their choice. We would be in the water with them though. To supervise....

In the article it states that there is a natural barrier at certain times of the year to prevent anyone from going over the edge.

If our kids wanted to try the falls we would let them. It would be their choice. We would be in the water with them though. To supervise....

Yes - I did get the feeling from the article that "going over" would be a lot tougher than it looks. Still - for me - no way. I won't even take my kids to the Grand Canyon until they're much older. That fear of falling thing really gets my heart going - although, ironically, I can go over crazy high scary bridges in a vehicle and not bat an eyelash!

Oh my good Lord. I am so afraid of heights and just looking at those pictures gave me anxiety. I especially would NEVER bring my kids there. That's downright stupid.

Yes - I did get the feeling from the article that "going over" would be a lot tougher than it looks. Still - for me - no way. I won't even take my kids to the Grand Canyon until they're much older. That fear of falling thing really gets my heart going - although, ironically, I can go over crazy high scary bridges in a vehicle and not bat an eyelash!

Good to know I'm not the only Grand Canyon scaredy cat. ;) I can see danger a mile away. I can play a whole scary scenario of my child falling over the edge in my head. We have a great place to hike in our town and the path leads up to some beautiful falls. Friends of ours let their children go with them to the top to look down. NOT ME! I can just see one mis-step and the kids go over. Things can happen way to fast. Gives me anxiety just thinking bout it.

We did the mule ride down the grand canyon to the bottom last year. I was cool almost 100% of the time. Poor DH, we didn't realize how vertical the drop off is and how narrow the trail. Add to that the uncertainty of being dependent on the footing of this animal you just met, and he was practically vomiting in fear the whole way down. I didn't realize just how much he hated heights, and he really didn't speak up about it until it was too late to turn back. You know it's just one of those things that would bother some people and not others. I'll swim in the ocean all day and other people are scared of sharks. But I would never tempt fate at the edge of this fall.

That is what I was about to say! Eesh... that is scary looking. But I guess I don't have much room to talk because I have stood on a narrow ledge behind the midway point of a very tall waterfall... but rest assured, I would never put a child in danger by doing it... that would be downright crazy and could bring great harm to a child, if they fell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back