Infomercial king Billy Mays dies - Foxnews.com

LE presser video at the below link. He wasn't feeling well the night before and went to bed early. His wife woke up saw he wasn't breathing. Fire and rescued called his death as he was obviously gone. He was scheduled for hip replacement surgery tomorrow. Do not know if he was on meds. Not known if airline accident is related. Autopsy maybe tomorrow.
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/tpd_billy_mays_death_062809

"At the risk of sound rude... Who could possibly be next?"

Ummm......unfortunately, Patrick Swayze could possibly be next.

Courtney Love could be next too. She looks awful!!

RIP Billy.

Res-ist-ing ur-ge to - make - smart-assed commets!!! :bang:

I was wondering the exact same thing. Head injury, seems fine, then dies later.

Brain swelling. He should have had a severe headache beforehand you'd think. Richardson was instantaneous Mays may have taken a long time.

RIP Billy..

qCEXpviy2p2yr7u07zdMTfWoo1_500.jpg

:floorlaugh:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMMxIAn_76g"]YouTube - ShamWow Guy in Jail[/nomedia]

My fiance and I love his "pitchmen" show and we often would imitate his enthusiastic voice "I'M BILLY MAYS!" and make up our own commercials and products for him to pitch.
We were shocked to hear of this news today! :(
For 50 he looked young and damn good.
Gosh, I can't believe it. Another taken too soon, IMHO.

Prayers for his family. They must be devastated.

I'm very sorry that he died but for the love of Pete, I hope this means no more screaming about Oxy-Clean or Orange Glo on the TV. I couldn't stand his " used car salesman" hype. It was an annoying as the " Apply to the forehead" stick thing.

May he rest in peace, and GB his family. It is very hard to lose someone so unexpectedly.

BTW, I do use Oxy-Clean and it does work. However, mine is purchased in the store! I feel badly for having complained about his annoying voice now.

I was on a very long flight ( in coach) without any turbulence once when an overhead bin popped open and someone's huge wheeled luggage fell on my head. ( This was prior to all the cutbacks in luggage carry-on sizes).

I raised heck with a flight attendant about them not checking the locks on the bin before take off.. I was crying. My head and neck really hurt, not to mention that it scared the crap out of me!! I got a first class seat and a cute little personal care kit with designer brand items, an inflight meal and excellent service. I was sitting beside a rich dude who kept buying me drinks, and I don't drink, LOL. Sure beat coach class.

I wish Mr. Mays had had an outcome like mine ( although his plane was landing).
I surely am glad I didn't have a head injury. I was so young, I wouldn't have recognized the possible seriousness of it in time, probably.

I'm very sorry that he died but for the love of Pete, I hope this means no more screaming about Oxy-Clean or Orange Glo on the TV. I couldn't stand his " used car salesman" hype. It was an annoying as the " Apply to the forehead" stick thing.

I accidentally thanked your post while meaning to quote it... Doesn't matter... all I wanted to say was, those commercials did start to grate on the nerves, but they worked like a charm!! That's the bitter sweetness of them.

I should know I married a very successful salesman and I HATE salesmen. I told you he was good!! :) The science behind that tried and true pitch is what fascinated me the most about Billy and the psychology behind why it works continues to fascinate/annoy me around the house. I can always tell when my DH goes "used car salesman" on me. I whip out my "dumb blond act" on him and HE usually gives up first.

(my dh never sold cars, but if he had, he would have sold a lot of them :) )

I like Billy Mays because he worked very hard to get where he was. It wasn't handed to him or forced upon him, he decided he wanted something better and busted his hiney to get it.
His voice was a bit off putting but if I could make it past that-whatever he was selling I wanted to buy. He did his job and he did it well.

I was on a flight to Wisconsin and when the plane landed there was a woman that definitely must have been in a hurry. I stood to get my bag out of the overhead compartment and I guess I wasn't moving fast enough. She reached over my head, grabbed her bag (that was to the right of mine). It was a heavy bag and she must have thought she could lift it high enough to go over my head. Well, she couldn't and she slammed her bag into my right temple. I immediately sat down and even though I was embarrassed I started to cry. She kept going. Oh, she did say "sorry" as she was walking down the aisle. I kept thinking about Natasha Richardson. Now since this has happened with Billy Mays (although it hasn't been proven that it was the cause of his death), I think we should all be a little more careful when we get a small bump on the head. Obviously, any time you get hit in the head it needs to be taken seriously.

Wow. He's been doing the talk show circuit with another infomercial guy. They were on the Tonight Show that I had taped this week to catch whatever tribute the show did for Ed McMahon.
I think you mean Anthony "Sully" Sullivan. He was his partner and producer.

I hope the autopsy report is made public.

Wow. He's been doing the talk show circuit with another infomercial guy. They were on the Tonight Show that I had taped this week to catch whatever tribute the show did for Ed McMahon.

I enjoyed that, it was funny. Conan kept bringing out the sham wow to get a rise out of Billy. :p

May he RIP, prayers for his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back