Interactive map of US Jane Does

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this. I'm the creator and manager of this map showing all unidentified female remains in the US. It's in need of some updates and with over 2,800 entries theres a lot of cases to cover. If anyone is willing to take a look and give any edits, additional information, or updates that need to be made, I would really appreciate it!
Hi Subaw0067! If we have cases that are missing, would you rather have us post them on here or send you emails?

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this. I'm the creator and manager of this map showing all unidentified female remains in the US. It's in need of some updates and with over 2,800 entries theres a lot of cases to cover. If anyone is willing to take a look and give any edits, additional information, or updates that need to be made, I would really appreciate it!
Hi, I'm brand new on here (created an account just for this comment). I used to follow Does through the nest of links at the bottom of wikipedia, but they got rid of that recently, to my annoyance, so here I am. Absolutely love and am in awe of your map. And, if it's not too bold for a first comment, I think I've found something that should be updated, if you're still working on this. I was clicking on some of the Does I'm not familiar with, and stumbled on the Cove Fort Utah Doe. I was curious, so I put "Cove Fort Jane Doe" into google... and what I found makes it seem like this one might be solved. It's on Facebook, so I don't know if you have to check it properly in official databases or something (again, new to this) but it looks like she was IDed in 2021, and they think her husband killed her (long deceased, unfortunately). It came up as "Millard County Jane Doe". The discovery dates match, and it sounds like the solving of it was pretty important for the area because she was their oldest misper case. Hope this helps!

Hi, I'm brand new on here (created an account just for this comment). I used to follow Does through the nest of links at the bottom of wikipedia, but they got rid of that recently, to my annoyance, so here I am. Absolutely love and am in awe of your map. And, if it's not too bold for a first comment, I think I've found something that should be updated, if you're still working on this. I was clicking on some of the Does I'm not familiar with, and stumbled on the Cove Fort Utah Doe. I was curious, so I put "Cove Fort Jane Doe" into google... and what I found makes it seem like this one might be solved. It's on Facebook, so I don't know if you have to check it properly in official databases or something (again, new to this) but it looks like she was IDed in 2021, and they think her husband killed her (long deceased, unfortunately). It came up as "Millard County Jane Doe". The discovery dates match, and it sounds like the solving of it was pretty important for the area because she was their oldest misper case. Hope this helps!
Hey, thanks so much for your kind words of support! I’m always taking suggestions on making the map as accurate as possible so I appreciate the tip!

Hey, thanks so much for your kind words of support! I’m always taking suggestions on making the map as accurate as possible so I appreciate the tip!
Oh, and it looks like Rose Doe/Bitter Creek Betty has a doubled file (52 AND 53) with different locations? One in Portland Oregon and one in Wyoming. Were the remains found in two locations, or is this an error? Are Rose Doe and Bitter Creek Betty even the same, or different Does? I don't know enough about the case. I looked at the thread on here last night, and it looks like she may be identified, but name withheld.

Oh, and it looks like Rose Doe/Bitter Creek Betty has a doubled file (52 AND 53) with different locations? One in Portland Oregon and one in Wyoming. Were the remains found in two locations, or is this an error? Are Rose Doe and Bitter Creek Betty even the same, or different Does? I don't know enough about the case. I looked at the thread on here last night, and it looks like she may be identified, but name withheld.
That is in error. The program sometimes duplicates entries and puts them in random locations, I do my best to track those down.
Also to avoid confusion I do not mark anyone as identified until the law enforcement agency investigating the case announces it.

That is in error. The program sometimes duplicates entries and puts them in random locations, I do my best to track those down.
Also to avoid confusion I do not mark anyone as identified until the law enforcement agency investigating the case announces it.
Okay, cool. It's the only duplicate I've seen so far, but if I see another that's clearly a double entry, I'll let you know. I totally understand not changing her status until it's clearly confirmed. It's better to be cautious than misinformative when people's lives are what we're dealing with, and it'd be awful to give someone hope or heartbreak wrongly. Bringing someone home is worthwhile, but only if it's the right name, the right home.

oops, double posted, not sure how to delete this comment. My bad!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back