Interesting fact about Patsy Ramsey the week of the murder.

Newbie97

On Time Out
Reaction score
We all know that Patsy Ramsey was a high-strung, image-conscious person who was a former beauty pageant queen (Miss West Virginia). One can imagine the stress she was under (like most moms) during the holiday week, trying to create a picture-perfect holiday for her family. Especially as an affluent mom especially concerned with appearances. (Remember, she would actually give tours of the house to the entire neighborhood during this period.)

However, I recently realized one other interesting fact that indicates even higher stress levels for PR at this specific time: She was born on 12/29/1956. In other words, she was about to turn 40 a few days after the night of JBR's death. (12/25-26/1996).

Turning 40 is a major milestone for most people, particularly women, and *especially* for women who were former beauty queens, and attach great value to their appearance. Getting older is usually highly stressful for such people. I could therefore see PR being in an especially frayed state in the night of question, after weeks of preparing a picture-perfect Christmas, making the house perfect for the tours, and also facing the loss of her youth.

I still don't believe that Patsy or anyone else in the family killed JBR. But if anyone did, PR is the most likely suspect to me for the above reasons. (Not deliberately, but in terms of snapping and shoving JBR, thus accidentally causing the head trauma.)

So it wasn't the family but it might have been Patsy. Why was it covered up and the whole rigmarole gone through if it was an accident? That theory just adds loops to the straight line between murderer and victim.

As clearly stated in my post, I don't believe it was anyone in the family, but if it *was* anyone in the family, Patsy appears the most likely suspect, for the reasons noted.

Most observers appear to believe that even if it was someone in the family, the initial injury was unintended -- the result of an impulsive response to stress (shoving or hitting) that unintentionally caused severe skull trauma. Which then, the theorists say, the parents decided to cover up with "staging." (Which staging also involved deliberately strangling the remaining life out of JBR.) I agree this seems unlikely, for the reasons noted.

Do you actually believe that someone in the family set out with the intention to severely injure and then kill JBR? Because that would be even more difficult to believe, and few appear to actually believe this.

As clearly stated in my post, I don't believe it was anyone in the family, but if it *was* anyone in the family, Patsy appears the most likely suspect, for the reasons noted.

Most observers appear to believe that even if it was someone in the family, the initial injury was unintended -- the result of an impulsive response to stress (shoving or hitting) that unintentionally caused severe skull trauma. Which then, the theorists say, the parents decided to cover up with "staging." (Which staging also involved deliberately strangling the remaining life out of JBR.) I agree this seems unlikely, for the reasons noted.

Do you actually believe that someone in the family set out with the intention to severely injure and then kill JBR? Because that would be even more difficult to believe, and few appear to actually believe this.
IMO is was a family member

We all know that Patsy Ramsey was a high-strung, image-conscious person who was a former beauty pageant queen (Miss West Virginia). One can imagine the stress she was under (like most moms) during the holiday week, trying to create a picture-perfect holiday for her family. Especially as an affluent mom especially concerned with appearances. (Remember, she would actually give tours of the house to the entire neighborhood during this period.)

However, I recently realized one other interesting fact that indicates even higher stress levels for PR at this specific time: She was born on 12/29/1956. In other words, she was about to turn 40 a few days after the night of JBR's death. (12/25-26/1996).

Turning 40 is a major milestone for most people, particularly women, and *especially* for women who were former beauty queens, and attach great value to their appearance. Getting older is usually highly stressful for such people. I could therefore see PR being in an especially frayed state in the night of question, after weeks of preparing a picture-perfect Christmas, making the house perfect for the tours, and also facing the loss of her youth.

I still don't believe that Patsy or anyone else in the family killed JBR. But if anyone did, PR is the most likely suspect to me for the above reasons. (Not deliberately, but in terms of snapping and shoving JBR, thus accidentally causing the head trauma.)

I don't think a former beauty queen who had already battled ovarian cancer once would be too bothered by turning 40. It seems to me that cancer has a unique way of making people face their own mortality.

I don't think a former beauty queen who had already battled ovarian cancer once would be too bothered by turning 40. It seems to me that cancer has a unique way of making people face their own mortality.

Patsy still wasn't in the clear. Every few months she had to be scanned and she more than likely would've been thinking to herself "If any cancer cells are found, I die".

While it is certain that the cause of JB's death was strangulation, it has not been established clearly if the blow to the head were before or after the garrote was applied.

Children who are found murdered in their own home are overwhelmingly the victims of family members or care givers.

It looks like she was garrotted first and to shut up her screaming Burke used the baseball bat. The handle end. Threw it on the concrete floor. 'Metal scraping on concrete . . .'

It looks like she was garrotted first and to shut up her screaming Burke used the baseball bat. The handle end. Threw it on the concrete floor. 'Metal scraping on concrete . . .'

Pip Stevo,
Really, so JonBenet is screaming after being garroted, how does that work?

The likely scenario is:

1. Hand or arm choke, resulting in coma.

2. Head injury to fake her death.

3. As 2. failed, a ligature is fabricated and used to asphyxiate JonBenet.

The Ramsey family was cleared years ago. The touch DNA (skin cells) found on Jon Benet's clothing matched the DNA originally found on the underwear from sweat/saliva that belongs to an unknown male.

The Boulder County DA wrote a letter of apology to John Ramsey, stating that no innocent person should have to endure such an extensive trial in the court of public opinion.

The Ramsey family was cleared years ago. The touch DNA (skin cells) found on Jon Benet's clothing matched the DNA originally found on the underwear from sweat/saliva that belongs to an unknown male.

The Boulder County DA wrote a letter of apology to John Ramsey, stating that no innocent person should have to endure such an extensive trial in the court of public opinion.

Yes, but that unknown male may have been one of the guests at the Ramseys' Xmas party on 23 Dec whose dna has not been collected and tested. The dna from saliva may have been left on a cloth napkin and then that was used to wipe down JonBenet.

All people are presumed innocent in this country. Although, this presumption does not eliminate the possibility of guilt. After all, someone killed JB. Whoever that may be, should be presumed innocent at trial. There is no legal authority outside of a court proceeding that can provide an actual exoneration of a person.

The GJ returned indictments against both parents, implicitly rejecting IDI theories put before them. The DA (AH) refused to pursue these charges, and was deceptive in what he said about the GJ process at that time. So, the DA wants to apologize for not pursuing the indictments?

Yes, but that unknown male may have been one of the guests at the Ramseys' Xmas party on 23 Dec whose dna has not been collected and tested. The dna from saliva may have been left on a cloth napkin and then that was used to wipe down JonBenet.

icedtea4me,
The dna from saliva may have been left on a cloth napkin and then that was used to wipe down JonBenet.
Yes, interesting observation. Finding amylase on JonBenet's underwear but not much elsewhere is very strange.

How did the dna move from the party on the 23rd to JonBenet's size-12's, clean on for her staging?

icedtea4me,

Yes, interesting observation. Finding amylase on JonBenet's underwear but not much elsewhere is very strange.

How did the dna move from the party on the 23rd to JonBenet's size-12's, clean on for her staging?

Patsy or John grabbed a cloth napkin from the laundry room and wet it down in the sink. The saliva mixed with the water.

What’s also telling is that Patsy’s fibers were found on the ligature and then the Ramseys sent in the same top that was fresh off the shelves from Macy’s. That family had a LOT to hide.

Gretchen520,
Sure, not just on the ligature but embedded into the knotting applied to the ligature/paintbrush device.

Which pretty much places Patsy directly at the crime-scene.

I'll bet the Grand Jury were divided over who killed JonBenet by pulling on the garrote?

I wonder what else they knew that made them think twice about hitting Patsy with a Murder In The First Degree count?

Patsy still wasn't in the clear. Every few months she had to be scanned and she more than likely would've been thinking to herself "If any cancer cells are found, I die".

Exactly. So, I don't think turning 40 would ruffle her feathers much. If anything, she'd probably be very glad to be cancer free and making it to 40. JMO Illness has a way of putting things into perspective right quick. Again, IMHOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back