Interview: GGP with People Magazine - June 29 2016

Discussion in 'DeOrr Kunz, Jr.' started by renarde, Jun 29, 2016.

1. renarde

renarde Active Member

"The latest issue of People magazine features an in-depth story on missing Idaho Falls toddler DeOrr Kunz, Jr.

A photo of the then-2-year-old boy appears on the cover of the July 11 issue under the headline ‘Without a Trace.’"

"I walked up the embankment and when I looked over, he wasn’t in his chair and he wasn’t with (Walton, Jessica’s grandfather),” Kunz told the magazine.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/06/people-magazine-featuring-depth-story-deorr-kunz/

2. Loading...

3. rocket

rocket JLWOP Opponent

Let's hope the full article includes LE's stance.

4. renarde

renarde Active Member

5. Paulas88

Paulas88 Active Member

6. SweetT

SweetT Active Member

7. ModernAudrey

ModernAudrey New Member

Or possibly trying to give the idea that whatever happened, he is less to blame because he didn't even want them to go in the first place.

8. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

So, according the the article, now the story is that IR and Ggp stayed at the campsite whilst the parents went to look for a fishing spot. Like it was originally.

9. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

http://www.people.com/article/deorr-kunz-jessica-mitchell-speak-out-idaho-mountains

Wouldn't their first reaction be to start calling his name and looking for him, assuming that he'd just wandered off and was nearby? Rather than to start screaming and yelling at ggp...

10. Paulas88

Paulas88 Active Member

I have No intentions of reading it, because, as you say.... I don't believe anything the parents say, and either does LE.

11. ZooSleuth

ZooSleuth Former Member

Also, if you watch the video attached to the People magazine article, it says something I have not heard before:

Source: Video @ http://www.people.com/article/deorr-kunz-jessica-mitchell-speak-out-idaho-mountains @ 1:19

I don't remember LE ever specifically saying IR has been less than truthful. Not that I think he is responsible for anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if his story about seeing the boy when the family got back from the store is not true.

ETA: People isn't known for their journalistic integrity, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Sheriff was misquoted.

12. LookingForClues

LookingForClues Member

My experience with PEOPLE magazine and other cases has been they will add new information to an old story, even if that story was written many months before with information that has since been changed due to LE releasing new and/or updated information. I think the same applies here: PEOPLE is using an original story from right after the disappearance and has NOT updated that information with newer developments. Then they've added this newest "exclusive" stuff, without correcting the early details that came out in July 2015. KWIM?

Personally, I'm ignoring anything in the story that we know LE has since updated with more accurate details.

13. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

From the article, VDK hates to camp, so he probably wasn't exactly a happy camper. Is it possible he did something with Deorr and JM doesn't know, though may suspect? Could something have happened before they went down to the creek, if not then possibly at the hands of one of the others there and they hid his body? If it's there in that vicinity he should have been found him by now, that means wherever he is, it's not there. Just grasping at straws....

14. renarde

renarde Active Member

15. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

This thread is dedicated to discussion of the interview GGP did with People Magazine.

Related posts have been brought over from another thread. All off-topic posts or bashing of the family will be removed and may result in TOs or the thread being closed. Please post accordingly.

:tyou:

16. 1&2&3

1&2&3 Well-Known Member

Wait a minute! This is the first I've heard that mom and dad were actually fishing!!

IIRC, they were walking "scouting" out a place, but no mention of taking fishing gear and fishing. We all discussed wonder what they were really doing, Remember? Again, the story I remember is the two of them were walking back to the campsite to get DeOrr to take him and show him minnows. IR is the one who was actually fishing at this point.

Help me out here, please. When did we hear mom and dad were fishing.