Interview with the two boys has been cancelled

I bet you she got frustrated with Lisa because she was sick and whiny and either shook her or threw her....probably wanted her grown up time....

something she would be arrested for...something the doctors would find.

she's guilty and the husband is either completely out of it or protecting her.

I don't understand it. They aren't married. In fact, she is still married to her son's father. Either they are completely innocent of everything, or they are covering for each other. I don't see it being any other way.

It seems a little laughable that this mom might be worrried that a quick Q-tip in the mouths of the boys might be traumatic, but leaving a sick baby in her crib for up to 9 hours unattended is just "adult time". JMO

Then why hasn't she been arrested???:furious:
Wish the State or LE had a legal reason to take those boys from her, maybe then he/she would talk..........

That's the Big Question. It seems apparent that based on the mother's admissions that there is grounds for a charge of neglect. I think LE wants to get as much evidence as possible on Lisa's situation before they agree to file an arrest warrant for neglect. Possibly they are concerned that she will go into full shut down mode if they arrest her now.

That's the Big Question. It seems apparent that based on the mother's admissions that there is grounds for a charge of neglect. I think LE wants to get as much evidence as possible on Lisa's situation before they agree to file an arrest warrant for neglect. Possibly they are concerned that she will go into full shut down mode if they arrest her now.

Or she could be terrified about being in jail and would be willing to talk to police, especially if they offered her a plea deal if she tells them what really happened to baby Lisa...

If my baby was missing I would let my boys sleep over at the police station...Are you kidding me?

those kids are going to tell on her.

Me thinks the same. Mom, IMO, has been protecting herself from the beginning. I will say again that I don't think she INTENTIONALLY harmed her daughter. But she knows something she doesn't want out and by keeping the two kids quiet, she can delay the inevitable. These are children, yes, but they are old enough to give statements about who was at that house that night. And this delay is ONLY so the mom can prep the boys about 'not telling on mommy.'

And the fact the lawyer is now gone, I haven't read that thread yet but my bet is that lawyer wanted those kids to speak and the mother was like, "not now" so the lawyer smelled a rat. I don't smell a murderer, but I do smell something rotten with that night, the friends, the possible drugs and what really happened.

Look at her brother. I think the boys will speak about the brother, their Uncle. This is just my hunch.

Just a thought, and I hope this isnt considered sleuthing at all, so please let me know if it is. Does anyone find it odd that the kids are going to school yet it appears that they arent talking to anyone.. Like I know my kids and they were so mouthy when they were young, if someone new moved into the neighborhood they would know all my business because my kids were the welcome wagon, but anyway, I am surprised that teacher, or a friends parent havent come forward that the kids have said anything to them. It appears that they are very quiet and with their sister missing i am just surprised they havent said they are afraid they might be taken or they heard or saw something.

I guess I am just trying to take this from how my kids were when they were that age. Nothing was sacred in my house. Once again I am not sleuthing these poor boys just wondering about them as kids in general.

I fear that if Lisa is not found, that will be the only charge brought in the end...just too difficult to try a child murder case without the child's body. Few very precedents.

My one son would tell you every thing.. My older is as quiet as they come. When he is sad or upset even more so. I hope that no one is trying to get him to talk at school. It would be inappropriate. The boys have been traumatized.

The parents aren't required to cooperate. Lack of cooperation usually backfires in the penalty phases of prosecutions. By all means, the parents should continue to do whatever they want. They've made it clear it is all about them rather than Lisa or their sons.

I certainly have no problem with a Judge stepping in and seizing custody of the boys. Can't happen soon enough.

JMO

I wonder how that will make those little boys feel ? Being taken away from all you know is traumatic and unless there's evidence of abuse, they shouldn't be made to suffer like that. I still think that fear of losing their other children is the reason they haven't been more cooperative.

I'm not picking on your post, I'm just curious about the legal terminology of negligence. What we think personally and what the actual laws are may be quite different. KWIM? MOO

Here is a direct definition of being a negligent parent.

Neglectful parenting

The parent is neither demanding nor responsive. Cannot be elaborate.

Neglectful parenting is also called uninvolved, detached, dismissive or hands-off.[15] The parents are low in warmth and control, are generally not involved in their child's life, are disengaged, undemanding, low in responsiveness, and do not set limits. Neglectful parenting can also mean dismissing the children's emotions and opinions. Parents are emotionally unsupportive of their children, but will still provide their basic needs. Provide basic needs meaning: food, housing, and toiletries or money for the prementioned.[23]

Children whose parents are neglectful develop the sense that other aspects of the parents’ lives are more important than they are. Many children of this parenting style often attempt to provide for themselves or halt depending on the parent to get a feeling of being independent and mature beyond their years.[1] Parents, and thus their children, often display contradictory behavior. Children become emotionally withdrawn from social situations. This disturbed attachment also impacts relationships later on in life. In adolescence, they may show patterns of truancy and delinquency.[1]

That statement in red to me is these parents with Lisa. They are detached, they are un-involved, they are dismissive and they are certainly hands off. They pretty much covered all bases with that one. I dont know how they are with their other kids but I would say hands off and dismissive with them as well. You would think a parent would want to get their children help in a situation where one of their siblings goes missing.. JMO but it all fits.. I do believe that CPS should be involved in this.

I think this may be the case. I don't think LE should rush to arrest anyone at this point. They know where everyone lives and they surely are watching them (and maybe listening to them) very closely. I think one of the mistakes made in the Anthony case was the early arrest and charging of Casey months before Caylee was found. And we all know how that one turned out. I see no reason for LE to rush to an arrest at this point. If they have evidence that the 2 boys may be in danger, then CPS can remove the children from DB and/or JI's care.

I wonder how that will make those little boys feel ? Being taken away from all you know is traumatic and unless there's evidence of abuse, they shouldn't be made to suffer like that. I still think that fear of losing their other children is the reason they haven't been more cooperative.

But these boys were in the home at the time and could be the ones to crack this case wide open.............remember, baby Lisa is MISSING! The focus is finding Lisa not protecting the parents......and if DB is involved in this mess then she traumatized those boys herself, not LE!!! They are suffering because of her.....

If the child is alive, she could be anywhere. She could be anywhere that the kidnapper took her. ANY information as to who the kidnapper might be is important, whether that information comes from the brothers or the parents.

"Protect yourself"? Mothers and fathers rush into burning buildings, or step in front of oncoming trucks, or jump into animal enclosures to save their children. They are not thinking of protecting themselves at that point.

If the child is alive, they have nothing to fear and everything to gain by cooperating with LE, and by allowing these boys to talk. They could have seen or heard something very important; they weren't passed out dead drunk that night.

IF? TO me this child is alive until there is a body. People usually take babies to keep them. It is just not that way. LE can make your life a Living heck. look at the Ramseys, The Aisenbergs, the Dowallibys. IT happens. And more and more it happens.

I fail to understand how LE investigating more than 800 tips can be construed as focusing on the family. Are we to assume all of these tips were called in about a dead child?
Over 800 tips from the public = ? hours investigation by LE in 24 days.
? tips from parents = 40 hours total questioning in 24 days

Because Do you see them searching for a live child anywhere? Do you see them scouring woods looking for traces? Have they been to where that guy was seen in the woods? Is that on the news? They are focused on the family.

It seems a little laughable that this mom might be worrried that a quick Q-tip in the mouths of the boys might be traumatic, but leaving a sick baby in her crib for up to 9 hours unattended is just "adult time". JMO

Well, look how they were accusing Burke in the Ramsey case..

And I know not everyone believes the Ramsey's are innocent.. but IMO they are.

but that is beside the point..
I can not imagine anything anything worse, than having my child stolen. And being interviewed by police and them accuse me of murdering her.

So if that was my first experience, It would be my last.

My one son would tell you every thing.. My older is as quiet as they come. When he is sad or upset even more so. I hope that no one is trying to get him to talk at school. It would be inappropriate. The boys have been traumatized.

I agree that no one should be trying to talk to them at school unless it was LE. I am just surprised these kids have detached themselves from the situation and are even able to go to school. Kids at that age ( the age of the older one) are so mean and cruel, we see it on the news all the time, bullying etc.. and I am really surprised that no one has said something to these boys or the boys havent confided in anyone. Makes me wonder if they feel safe, maybe they feel in danger and that is why they arent talking to anyone. They have got to have friends and these friends have got to have parents that hear things. Even a teacher or whatever. Its just odd in the dynamics of it all.

I agree that no one should be trying to talk to them at school unless it was LE. I am just surprised these kids have detached themselves from the situation and are even able to go to school. Kids at that age ( the age of the older one) are so mean and cruel, we see it on the news all the time, bullying etc.. and I am really surprised that no one has said something to these boys or the boys havent confided in anyone. Makes me wonder if they feel safe, maybe they feel in danger and that is why they arent talking to anyone. They have got to have friends and these friends have got to have parents that hear things. Even a teacher or whatever. Its just odd in the dynamics of it all.

Who says they are detached. They can not stay home from school and stare at walls. It is probably good for them to be back in school.

I think you are really stretching here.

Who says they are detached. They can not stay home from school and stare at walls. It is probably good for them to be back in school.

I think you are really stretching here.

I agree they should be in school, no doubt about it or if they were having trouble in school they could be home schooled but given what happened in their home, which one can only imagine ( I believe Db killed Lisa and others believe she was kidnapped) so which ever scenario you take, its a traumatic event in these kids lives. I am surprised they are not acting out and talking about it to anyone.. that is what I mean by detached.. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I've just had my fill!!.. I know that all of us here care, and I pray to God that LE does as well.. My post was more in questioning the care of baby Lisa's entire family and friends.. Do they realize and take issue with this sick and selfish route these parents are obviously choosing in this route of deter and procrastinate the complying to help find Lisa?? Why is no one stepping forward or shaking the crap out of these two parents Into not listening to whT defense Attys are steering them towards?!?!

Does no one in this Childs life care and want her found NOW?!?!?
Because I'm sickened and saddened that all of the perfect strangers seem to be the only one's who care(us here and LE)

This was the exact same situation with the Caylee Anthony case. I stated up thread that this case has shades of the Caylee Anthony case written all over it.

In the Caylee Anthony case it was many thousands of people who never knew Caylee, including us here at WS and many other forums, who seemed to care more about Caylee than her own family. It was obvious from the beginning that Caylee's mother, Casey, was lying. She told a preposterous story of her nanny kidnapping Caylee, and instead of reporting a missing child to LE, said she had spent the previous 31 days looking for her child on her own.

It quickly became known that there was no nanny and there were pictures of how she had spent the previous 31 days..........dancing in nightclubs, participating in a hot body contest, and playing house with her latest boyfriend. Within a week of the Caylee Anthony case becoming a top media story, Casey's story was unraveling.

You'd think that the grandparents would be concerned and cooperate with LE in finding their granddaughter, even if their daughter refused to cooperate. But, the grandparents instead repeated their daughter's lies. They looked at LE as their enemy, and insulted the media and the public at large with their own behavior. They continued to maintain their daughter's innocence in the three years leading up to the trial.

Interesting to note that in the Caylee Anthony case there was a missing cell phone too. According to Casey, that was the cell phone that contained the phone number of the non-existent nanny.

There are other similarities, but I don't want to make this a book. Most here know the story.

When I was about 9, my older sister was driving a car and hit a child. I knew SOMETHING was wrong at my house, but nobody would tell me anything. The next day at school, there was a kid telling me my sister was a murderer. I was devastated, and very mad at my parents. I can absolutely see something like that as happening to the boys. Its much better to hear things from your own parents than to hear gossip or rumours at school. Theres a good chance that even if their parents aren't telling them anything, a classmate has parents that may be discussing the case.

These boys are absolutely aware that everything in their lives has changed. They are living away from their things, their friends, living in someone else's home & sleeping in different beds. Their parents routine has changed, there are strangers picking up their parents, questioning their parent's and family members, news trucks and reporters outside, comments being made by their family members once the door to the circus outside is closed and we are led by DB to believe they are not talking about this?

That, in itself, would be a neglectful mistake. All of these changes began when their baby sister disappeared and those boys can put two and two together. Unless there is a history of avoiding the tough subjects/issues and the boys have a history of being afraid to discuss difficulties with their parents, then it is pretty certain that they asks questions everyday.

IF? TO me this child is alive until there is a body. People usually take babies to keep them. It is just not that way. LE can make your life a Living heck. look at the Ramseys, The Aisenbergs, the Dowallibys. IT happens. And more and more it happens.

(SNIP)

but that is beside the point..
I can not imagine anything anything worse, than having my child stolen. And being interviewed by police and them accuse me of murdering her.

So if that was my first experience, It would be my last.

My life would be a living heck if my child were kidnapped. Everything after that would just be very unpleasant. But if I or anyone in my household (or extended family) had any little bit of information to add, I would want the police or their designated questioner to extract it. If it turns out that one of the kids has seen a man with blue hair during the course of the evening, that's a clue! If they heard a motorcycle nearby, that's a clue! And if they had a bad dream, well maybe that's a clue, also.

When Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped a decade ago, her parents and uncle were looked at with some suspicion (unlocked door, among other things). But they talked with LE whenever asked. Moreover, their 9 year old daughter, who was a witness (and who eventually remembered who the abductor was) was permitted to be questioned extensively. The Smarts knew that their only chance of finding Elizabeth was to trust and cooperate with LE. They were not concerned with protecting themselves. And they had a happy ending.

No matter how harshly LE questioned me, I would think of my baby, regain my composure, and go back for more. It certainly wouldn't be the last time I spoke with them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back