GUILTY Canada - Rhoderie Estrada, 41, murdered by intruder, Toronto, May 2018 *arrest*

If there was sexual assault, forcible confinement, or threats to a third party, the charges would be first degree murder. Also: if criminal harassment is involved (section 264 of criminal code) or intimidation (section 423.1 of criminal code)

If there was sexual assault, forcible confinement, or threats to a third party, the charges would be first degree murder. Also: if criminal harassment is involved (section 264 of criminal code) or intimidation (section 423.1 of criminal code)
I get that, but police were quick to state that they believed they knew the motive, even before they had a suspect. To me that implies that the physical evidence at the scene told a story. Perhaps the perps were aware of something of value in the house and they restrained RE, forcing her to divulge the whereabouts. That would elevate the charges to first degree if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps RE was found restrained?

Police really haven't said a lot about this case but IMO there is a lot more to the story than we have heard and I guarantee its going to be a lot more complicated than just a random act of violence.

July 7 2021
Trial for 2 men accused of murdering, sexually assaulting Toronto mother during break-and-enter begins
''WARNING: This story contains details that could be disturbing to some readers.

70c8fc80

Gerald Aquintey spoke softly as he recalled about coming home in the middle of the night in the early morning hours of May 26, 2018 and discovering his wife of 15 years dead.

Rhoderie Estrada was a 41-year-old registered nurse who worked on the dialysis unit at St. Joesph’s Hospital and was the mother of their three daughters.''

''Crown prosecutor Beverley Richards said the two men were strangers to Estrada. She told the jury the accused committed the vicious beating and sexual assault during a break-and-enter.

Murillo and Beak, who have been in custody since days after the murder when they were arrested, both pleaded not guilty. The pair were set to go to trial in fall 2020, but due to COVID-19 the trial was delayed.

Their trial is the first one to be held in Toronto with a jury since the Superior Court of Justice suspended jury trials last year.

In her opening address, Richards thanked the jury for their dedication during a worldwide pandemic.
“A time that continues to be uncertain and unpredictable,” she said.''

Second suspect charged in murder of East York mom
image.jpg

David Beak, 23, is shown in a handout image from Toronto police.

Yostin Murillo, 22, is pictured. (Handout /Toronto Police)

‘I panicked, freaked out’: Accused killer says he beat East York mom with crowbar, but didn’t rape her
''Warning: This story contains graphic content that some readers may find disturbing.

Yostin Murillo’s voice became shaky as he described in detail how he repeatedly hit 41-year-old mother Rhoderie Estrada with a crowbar inside her East York bedroom three years ago.

Testifying before a downtown Toronto jury Tuesday, Murillo described how he and his co-accused David Beak had been drinking and doing drugs earlier that May night before they broke into Estrada’s house on Torrens Avenue. There was no car in the driveway and the lights were off except for a basement window, so the pair figured no one was home and they could “steal” some property, Murillo said.

He said used a crowbar he had picked up from the garage to break through a door and get inside. In the living room, he found a laptop and two purses, which he stole. Upstairs, he found an iPhone beside one bed, which he took, noticing a child was fast asleep in the top bunk.

In the master bedroom, Murillo said found a sleeping woman and another phone beside the bed. He testified he pocketed that too, then moved to grab a jar of change when he heard a voice say: “Oh, no.”

“I panicked, freaked out,” Murillo told the jury, saying that’s when he picked up the crowbar and struck Estrada.

“She was making a really bad noise,” he said, describing striking her “three or more” times again until she stopped screaming.

Murillo and Beak, both men in their 20s, are facing charges of first-degree murder and sexual assault in Estrada’s death. They have pleaded not guilty.''

Aug 21 2021 rbbm.
Pair found guilty of first-degree murder and sexual assault of East York mother of three in her home
''During the trial the jury heard Murillo has a long criminal record of break-and-enters and court order breaches, but were not told that, just two months before killing Estrada, Murillo was charged with hitting a woman in the head with a bar, allegedly knocking her out, and assaulting another woman and a security guard.

The first woman, a stranger to Murillo, was at an intersection near Yonge-Dundas Square in downtown Toronto and allegedly tried to intervene when she saw Murillo assault his girlfriend. Murillo is accused of kicking the woman in the head, and she left. When he saw the woman again shortly after at a Pizza Pizza, he allegedly hit her in the head with a bar.

Earlier that same day, March 18, 2018, Murillo is accused of hitting another woman in the face with his hand and hitting a security guard on the head with a wrench near College Park.''

''The 10 charges for the three incidents, including aggravated assault and assault with a weapon, remain pending. Murillo was free on bail on those charges until his arrest for Estrada’s murder. He was also on probation for a previous bail breach at the time of the killing and has faced a deportation order to Costa Rica since 2015 due to previous convictions. He lost an appeal of his deportation order in 2019.''

MANDEL: Life sentence for intruders who killed beloved mom of three | Toronto Sun
“I have a hard time remembering my wife’s graceful face, ’cause the only thing I see is her face when I found her lifeless: her face beaten up and swollen. Why? Why did you do such a thing?” he demanded. “Why couldn’t you just leave when you found out someone was home?

“Why did you have to brutally kill her. Why, Mr. Beak? Why, Mr. Murillo? Why?”

Without answers, the heartbroken widower blamed himself.

“I’m so sorry,” he said to his daughters and Estrada’s grief-stricken parents. “I’m so sorry for not being able to protect Dherie. I hope that you can forgive me.”

''One of her murderers shouldn’t have even been here. Murillo, a native of Costa Rica, had been ordered deported in 2015 for his string of break-and-enters but was appealing that decision at the time of the slaying.''

What a nightmare she went through, and it continued for the family, friends, neighbours. I hope they can find peace.

Transferred to a woman's prison...
Toronto Star ePaper
Sept 19 2021 rbbm.
Violent Rapist and Murderer May Serve Sentence in Women's Prison
''But now, one of the assailants is allegedly being assessed for transfer to a women's federal institution after having already served his pre-sentencing holding period in a women's provincial jail.

Yostin Murillo, 25, who allegedly requested to be referred to as a male throughout his trial despite now claiming trans status, has a lengthy history of criminal behaviour including violence against women. But this newly-issued life sentence comes after his role in a horrific 2018 sexual assault and murder of 41-year-old mother of three Rhoderie Estrada.''

''In addition to this horrific crime, Murillo had a history of violence against women – including the assault of another woman with a metal bar on a separate occasion.''

''It is unclear if Yostin Murillo had ever identified as transgender prior to his trial for the rape and murder of Rhoderie Estrada.''

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆