Investigation Discovery's "Disappeared" Cancelled

I think the rumor started because ID issued out a press release for the upcoming season, and Disappeared was not listed as one of the returning shows.

I hope they bring Dissappeared back. It was the only show worth watching on the ID channel. If not on ID, I hope another network takes it over.

While I liked these shows, never fear, they will continue just under different names.

I would like to think that programs which spotlight the missing will be continued under other names as the last poster suggests, but we had Unsolved Mysteries, which was a huge hit for many years. Gone.

We had AMW, which was a huge service to the public and LE, and as far as I know, it's gone, at least from my 800+ cable channel line up.

Then, we had a one hour per week new segment out of a 24 hour cable network, I.D., which broadcast the aforementioned " Disappeared". Just one hour a week out of their large programming schedule, now seemingly stopped production of new episodes. I think money was the deciding factor. The shows featured the actual locations, witnesses, LE, and family members when possible. I think it must have cost a lot to produce. MOST of their other programming relies heavily on recreations and their paid commentators.

When looking at the histories of shows which really DID make a difference, it seems to me that the majority of the public had rather just be " entertained" now.

I don't think WS'ers fall into that category, but I think most of our society does.

I found this thread in a web search, as I was browsing Netflix and found that they finally semi-updated the Disappeared episode listing. I agree very much with all of you. I'm saddened by the cancellation as my interest in missing persons cases and work in general was sparked by this television show. Sad to see the only show worth watching on ID go...

Maybe they can at least retool the show, maybe a new name and actually delve into unsolved missing cases. I thought they were doing a great job, and had hoped the id channel would pick up where CTV left us out to dry. They Hv a huge fan base. The viewer base is here there and everywhere. Billions could be made. So many children, men and women go missing everyday there are enough to do a show a day for years to come. What is wrong with these ppl?

:stormingmad::stormingmad:NO! NO! NOOO!
:crying:
This is such a crap decision on their part ... It seems all their recent shows have become totally ridiculous and some being downright disrespectful (notably, the narration of a choice few shows, amped up overplayed sexual innuendos, Susan Lucci, et al). I mean "Elder Skelter"? For serious?! Come on ID .. That's just stupid.

Absolutely loved this show for many different reasons. What a shame...hopefully some other network can pick it up? Or at least do a similar program covering missing persons?
:stormingmad:

Sent via my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until I see something official, I'm not buying it.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

Speaking of ID, I was watching a show on there about this murder that happened in Georgia, the narrator had this seductive voice, and it was mostly reenactments of the case. There were no pictures or videos of the actual people involved shown, and the actors used all had this very "sexy" vibe to them. They didn't even mention the full names of the people in the case, just the town it took place in. I find it weird that they think they need to make fictionalized versions of cases, when there are so many interesting real cases out there. The people watching ID already have an interest in true crime, if we wanted to watch some fictional case involving actors, we would put on SVU or CSI.

Also, does anyone else find it odd that there have been 85 episodes of Disappeared, yet only 2 episodes have been about children, age 12 and under, and those two episodes (McStay and Jamison) were about an entire family that went missing, so there's never been one about a child who went missing on their own? It seems like they are deliberating avoiding doing an episode on a missing child, and I wonder why?

Are you guys sure this isn't connected to the rumor that started with the last episode in series 5 (or listed as 6 in some places?) It was titled 'Final Season', because it was about football games or something, but some people thought it meant the end of Disappeared.

You can see people making the mistake on an ID FB page here, but I haven't found any official news links to back up the rumors. Does anyone have any?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=526877524025840

Are you guys sure this isn't connected to the rumor that started with the last episode in series 5 (or listed as 6 in some places?) It was titled 'Final Season', because it was about football games or something, but some people thought it meant the end of Disappeared

I believe someone up-thread mentioned that Disappeared was not listed in ID's lineup for the new season.

I emailed the ID channel a few weeks ago and asked about the status of the show. I can't find the email but they replied with a generic message that there was no current information available.

Because of all the researching I did when Bob's show was due to air, I have quite a few places to check for signs of Disappeared productions. There don't seem to have been any casting/audition calls going out since the last season, there's no press releases and although Peacock Productions still have Disappeared listed as one of the shows they make, nothing seems to be going on at the moment. All status/listing sites say 'Hiatus' too.

I can't find viewing figures for Disappeared, but as Discovery's profits were not as good as they predicted, I'm guessing they've been concentrating on looking for new shows that might be huge? I think Disappeared might well reappear in the future, but in a different format and with a different name.

Are you guys sure this isn't connected to the rumor that started with the last episode in series 5 (or listed as 6 in some places?) It was titled 'Final Season', because it was about football games or something, but some people thought it meant the end of Disappeared.

You can see people making the mistake on an ID FB page here, but I haven't found any official news links to back up the rumors. Does anyone have any?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=526877524025840

Not for me, personally.I don't view Facebook, so I had no idea of the rumor you have brought up. Sounds like teens with limited comprehension thought that up. I WATCH Investigation Discovery channel most weekends because I don't enjoy sports on TV. There are no previews or mention of " Disappeared" any longer.

If you are a viewer, you know they showcase their line up in preview commercials and it is also accessible on the cable's future line up in the online cable guide. NOTHING about " Disappeared" shows up in the future previews, or on my online cable guide.

If that's not gone, I don't know what is. So very sad for the missing. I wish we could start a petition or do something pro-active, but I'm sure the budget has already been re-distributed. :banghead:

They might want to update their programs. Yesterdays episode was about Jesse Chapen who went missing in AZ in 2009 in search of the Dutchman's gold mine.
I was shocked to read his remains were located in 2012 ! AND the original date of the episode was AFTER he was found.

TT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back