Investigator at Heart

If you need help with online investigation, I'm your person!

There is this convicted killer that I saw on an episode of The Killer Speaks named Lawrence Tarbert. He admitted to killing two other people before he was caught killing a third person. On the show, they show parts of an interview/interrogation video where he gave just a couple vague details about the other two people that he killed.... but I wonder if anyone could help the police narrow down possibilities by maybe finding out if there are any missing person cases or unidentified remains in places wherever he had lived.

Any ideas of how to try to research more about that? To try to find out where else he lived?

From what I researched, I believe he was 29 when he killed his third victim in 2011, so his first two murders occurred before then. I would think that it’s more likely than not that he committed both other murders as an adult, so maybe between 2000 and 2011.

In the interview, he said about his first victim “let’s call the first one “Darren” (I’m sure that’s not his real name, but maybe the hypothetical name he gave the guy could give some clue about the person’s real name... maybe it also starts with a D?). He was your average young white person trying to be something he’s not. No one else was present, just me and him. He ran his mouth to me, swung, we fought... I got the upper hand... while my hands were around his throat I crushed something in there or something, because he died.

As for the second victim... the narrator says “years later, he killed again.” Then Tarbert says: I was minding my own business, walking. He tried to hit me with his car. I happened to have a gun. I pulled it out and I emptied the clip.

That’s all that is in the episode that was said about his other victims, but I feel like if they knew more about where he lived before, that they might be able to identify his other victims. he was married too to someone named Jessica and she was there when the third victim was killed (she had no idea it was going to happen and thought it was the first time her husband killed anyone), so maybe there is a marriage certificate out there? Or maybe traffic ticket records? Or even traffic records for his wife during the time they were married? There must be something.... any ideas on what to search for, or where/how to start that type of searching online?

An investigator involved in the case said in an article I just found that the Tarberts lived in Colorado, Oklahoma and Nebraska after his third victim’s (Pruitt) body was discovered and that they were planning on going to Boston when he caught them in Nebraska. His third victim was killed in New Mexico.

Last edited:
I love investigating! Data analysis, puzzles - love it all. I would like to start researching a case that's maybe lesser known, or actively being worked on by a group of people. Does anyone have any tips on how to start?

I love investigating! Data analysis, puzzles - love it all. I would like to start researching a case that's maybe lesser known, or actively being worked on by a group of people. Does anyone have any tips on how to start?
Is this via use of Ai computer by chance? First two cases I would look at are Springfield 3 and Jodi Huisentruit. They need all the help they can get. I would also compare crime distances from i35 and i44.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back