GUILTY Ireland - Anastasia Kriegel, 14, Found deceased, Lucan, Co Dublin, 14 May 2018 *minors arrested*

Discussion in 'Trials' started by molly67, May 18, 2018.

1. Ironside

Ironside Well-Known Member

One of them actually did all the raping and mutdering, the other one was just there for some of it. A 13 year old may not have the maturity to process what the right thing to do after witnessing something brutal.

2. LaCEZ

LaCEZ Member

It seems futile for the judge to give them lifelong anonymity, they will have to change identities anyway as soon as they are released.

3. Ironside

I really think it is possible that boy b did not know boy a was actually going to attack Ana.
    Yes there was a message about it but teenagers do tend to often tell tall stories and he may not have taken in seriously.

We can all agree boy a is evil. If boy b was also a total psycho he would have been smart enough to keep his mouth shut in interviews and he probably then would have been cleared of murder. His complete stupidity in telling lies in his interviews were what convicted him but he was acting so dumb it makes me think he was just a young innocent child heavily traumatised and deeply naive. Also his mum being there in the interviews may have clammed him up. He asked for her to leave but she wasn’t allowed to. That really stood out for me.

Kasmeer and Vail like this.
  4. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

5. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 Well-Known Member

Respect your opinion but disagree. There is nothing to say that Boy B had any difficulties which would stop him understanding the gravity of the situation.

He lured her to the abandoned building and at the very least witnessed what had happened.

Then tried covering his tracks afterwards and still doesnt seem to fully take ownership of his part in it.

Ive fetched up to kids and both by the age of 13 would absolutely know that what happened that day was completely wrong.

The fact he lied to cover his tracks is enough to make me think he had a bigger role than he is admitting. Maybe not the actual killing or sexual assault but he certainly had opportunity to own up straight after and failed to do so.

He has got off very lightly IMO.

Jim_M, L White, KarenUK and 2 others like this.
  6. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Jim_M, Deano saunders and HayLouise like this.
  7. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

Jim_M, AllyBeeUK, jaejae and 3 others like this.
  8. BatFace

BatFace Member

I really don't think that Boy B was quite the ingénue his legal team portrayed.

This entire horrible event was a classic folie à deux, which required particular qualities from both perpetrators: the low cunning of Boy B, and the savage violence of Boy A.

I don't know how Ana's family will ever recover from their tragic and horrifying loss. I really hope that in time their memories of how loving and loved she was will overshadow the dreadful way in which her life was taken from them.

9. mrazda71

mrazda71 Every day's a school day!

10. KyleDeverell

KyleDeverell Well-Known Member

The heartbroken parents of murdered schoolgirl Ana Kriegel are set to sue their local education board over her school’s response to allegations of bullying.

The family has lodged a formal complaint over how the school responded to allegations that 14-year-old Ana was the victim of serious bullying and harassment by fellow teens.

The Kriegels believe the school failed to properly address their concerns over how it was handling their fears that Ana was being bullied, The Sunday Times reported.
    Ana Kriegel: Parents to sue over school's response to bullying allegation

11. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

Ana's documentary.

HayLouise, mrazda71, Bethan and 5 others like this.
  12. KyleDeverell

13. Kikixxxx

Kikixxxx Well-Known Member

I just knew he would. I hope it gets thrown out sharpish. Surely He can’t just decide he doesn’t like the verdict and appeal though? Which means has his lawyer found something which would imply he didn’t get a fair trial or something??

14. KyleDeverell

Jim_M, HayLouise, KarenUK and 2 others like this.
  15. KyleDeverell

"In his report, Dr Humphries claimed that Boy B had difficulty processing what he had seen. He said the boy had come up with a series of explanations, not intended as lies, but intended to give an account of what happened, while also showing he had no part in it. Boy B was also trying to avoid the memory of what had happened, the doctor said. He said he spoke to Boy B but also looked at the Garda interviews with him. Dr Humphries said Boy B was "very powerless in a very small room with lots of adults".
    Court heard that Boy B didn't want to be Boy A's friend and was afraid of him - but he gave him some kudos - Independent.ie

16. Kiranerys

Kiranerys #LiveLikeLizzy

Piffle!!

17. Ironside

I think the way the interviews were conducted are grounds for an appeal. That and the fact that there are no forensics whatsoever to prove boy b was involved in the physical act of murder.

18. Kikixxxx

Kikixxxx Well-Known Member

I don’t think he needed to physically harm Ana to be convicted of her murder. The jury were told this, the crown never once implied boy b ever laid a finger on Ana.