Ireland Ireland - Deirdre Jacob, 18, Newbridge, Co. Kildare, 28 July 1998

Discussion in '1990's Missing' started by ellie b, Jul 29, 2013.

1. ellie b

ellie b Member

2. Loading...

3. ellie b

ellie b Member

4. ellie b

ellie b Member

In fact several women disappeared in the 90's in Ireland including one American.

The disappeared
    26 March 1993: Annie McCarrick, 26, US student went missing from Glencullen in the Dublin Mountains
    9 November 1995: Jo Jo Dullard, 21, hitching a lift home to Callan, County Kilkenny
    23 August 1996: Fiona Pender, 25, vanished from her flat in Tullamore, County Offaly
    8 February 1998: Fiona Sinnott, 19, last seen leaving a pub in Broadway, County Wexford
    12 February 1998: Ciara Breen, 18, went missing from Dundalk, County Louth
    28 July 1998: Deirdre Jacob, 18, disappeared as she walked home to Newbridge, County Kildare

5. ellie b

ellie b Member

6. Galbin

Galbin New Member

7. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

[​IMG]

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/l...rdre-jacob-to-be-reviewed-by-gardai-1-6212860

8. Galbin

Galbin New Member

9. imjustagirl123

imjustagirl123 Justice for Morgan and Hannah

The Irish Vanishing Triangle is very sad. It's very strange that not one of them have been found. Literally vanished into thin air. If I remember correctly Deirdre was seen walking just into the entrance of her home but never made it home. The only suspect in the vanishing triangle has denied any involvement but while he was in prison for ten years for rape and attempted murder no one else vanished. The Gardai have stated that they believe he is responsible for at least 3 of the missing women and have questioned him intensely but he has denied any involvement. It would be superb if one day these cases were solved. It's scary to think there may be a serial killer walking among us right now.

10. Galbin

Galbin New Member

Yes, Deirdre was last seen at the entrance to her house. :( He had been doing some work on her grandmother's shop too, so he had been in the area.

Unfortunately, his sentence was way too lenient. In the US, kidnapping and rape would have netted at least 20 years. Here, he was free to leave after 7. This is despite us all knowing that he is an extreme danger to women.

Apparently he is in London now.

11. ainerose

ainerose New Member

12. imjustagirl123

Wow, can't believe they have made an arrest, that is amazing. I hope justice can finally be served for this beautiful young woman and her unborn child. And IMO I think this woman does deserve her own thread on here. Thank you for posting the link :)

13. imjustagirl123

I wonder though is it the same suspect they have always had, in his 40's in probation and on bail and emigrated. Can't be that much of a coincidence but stranger things have happened, I will be glued to the news for the next few days.

14. ainerose

ainerose New Member

From irish news coverage, it appears a woman has given information on the case. The suspect is her former partner. http://www.independent.ie/tablet/ne...-fiona-as-net-closes-on-suspect-30655224.html

Perhaps we should start a new thread for fiona.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2

15. imjustagirl123

More information coming through slowly... yeah I also read it is his former girlfriend that came forward and that she is in protective custody for her own safety.

Gardai are also expected to begin digging at a new site in the midlands for the remains of Offaly woman, who has been missing, presumed murdered, for more than 18 years.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-as-gardai-begin-fresh-searches-30655131.html

Yes, I wonder if it's possible we could make a new thread for her. I'm new here so I'm unsure of how it works, may we make a new thread for Fiona MODS?

Kind regards,

Sinead.

16. imjustagirl123

17. luckyseven

luckyseven New Member

The pain of not knowing what happened to missing Deirdre never goes away, say parents
    27 APRIL 2015 03:00 AM

18. Galbin

Galbin New Member

I so wish Deirdre could be found. Whenever I see my relatives I am reminded of how awful it is for the Jacobs. I don't know how they cope at all. :(

19. ctaylor

ctaylor Member

A new article on Deirdre's case...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/rapist-larry-murphy-not-the-only-suspect-for-disappearance-of-deirdre-jacob-34416110.html

20. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator