Found Deceased Ireland - Ruth Maguire, 30, vanished during hen party, Carlingford, Co Louth, Leinster, 16 Mar 2019

rsbm

Wait a second. We don't know how much she had to drink, but she was sober enough to post to Instagram around midnight. Then IMO she was also sober enough to remember to take her coat with her if she left the bar.

If she still accidentally ended up in the water, why was her coat still at the bar? What are the chances someone who's not all that drunk, if at all, would and forget their coat, and stagger into the water?

I'm not liking this. They need to search that castle.

Yes sure. Good point. I wasn’t assuming she was drunk. Probably didn’t make it clear enough

It was more a comment on the environment in drinking establishments where we become less aware of what is happening to those around us. They should check all possibilities

Yes sure. Good point. I wasn’t assuming she was drunk. Probably didn’t make it clear enough

It was more a comment on the environment in drinking establishments where we become less aware of what is happening to those around us. They should check all possibilities

London, my apologies, my comment wasn't aimed at yours in the sense that I was disagreeing or criticizing. Your comment made the light bulb go off in my head... like 'wait... coat left at bar... water all around... something doesn't add up there".
I was counting it off on my fingers - one being: we don't know for a fact how much she had to drink - could be nothing at all, or she could have been drunk off her feet (which I don't believe). Anyone can trip and fall into the water, drunk or not... but I don't think she was all that drunk, if at all (JMO). And if she wasn't drunk, she would have remembered her coat.
I can't quite put it into the right words, I guess. I'm just really hoping they don't just focus on the old 'drunk stumbles into water' and kept an eye on the bouncer...

We don’t know how much she drank , it’s a hen weekend with drinking T-shirt’s , we don’t know how long they were in the bar or what time the sober looking pretty photo was taken , I wondered if they were all drinking and had a bit of a drunk fall out and she decided she didn’t want to stay and go home

This isn’t too far from where I live. Carlingford is an hours drive away from her home in Newcastle. Newcastle is located in Northern Ireland, UK and Carlingford is across the boarder in Ireland. This is why both the PSNI and Gardi are involved in the search.
Carlingford is popular for hen and stag parties and is a beautiful part of Ireland.
I find it strange that the bouncer over heard her saying that she was going to try and get to Newcastle, part of me thinks there was possibly a falling out between the girls at the hen party. I also noted that one of the friends from the hen party has posted on Facebook asking for help to find her and said that “some” of the hen party girls had went out that night looking to find her. Why didn’t they all go? This also makes me think there was an argument of some sort. She left her coat behind and switched her phone off around 12, this also makes me think there was some sort of a falling out between her and the girls. For them all to leave the bar at 11.30 (super early), I can only assume that they were going back to the place they were staying to drink some more.

Unfortunately I think she has been really drunk and ended up in the water. Carlingford is surrounded by it. I hope I’m wrong though and I hope she makes it home safe.

(Looks like the photo originated from snapchat):

1 of 2 This is Ruth maguire she is part of a hen group from Belfast currently staying in carlingford and is missing from 11pm last night and has made no contact with family or friends and we are becoming increasingly worried about her whereabouts anyone who might have seen Ruth.

E3FF9AEC-323B-4AD3-96D4-396027180BAC.jpeg

Cllr Antóin Watters on Twitter

2 of 2 Please contact Carlingford Gardai on 0429373102

Spoke to Gardaí and there is nothing the public can help with tonight. They will let people know tomorrow.

Has it been reported exactly where the ladies were staying other than within walking distance, about 5 minutes away? Is it towards the water or towards the hill behind? If she walked to the bar which direction would she have gone if she was attempting to walk back to the house?

Ruth Maguire: Mum missing after becoming separated from hen party on Saturday

Ruth Maguire, 30, was last seen at 11:30pm while out celebrating in Carlingford in the Republic of Ireland, Belfast Live reports.

Ms Maguire is reportedly originally from Belfast but lives in the village of Newcastle, County Wicklow.

Her friend Seana McMullan posted on Facebook on Sunday: "It's now been a full 24 hours since Ruth Maguire has been seen.

"She was separated from our hen party in Carlingford and we assumed that she would return by morning after a few of the girls searched for her."

The post adds: "Her phone has not been active since 12pm last night."

Her friend Katrina O'Hare told Belfast Live: "We thought she was going to head home to Newcastle because she had said to a bouncer she was going to get to Newcastle from here, but her partner and her kids were at her mum's house in Ligoniel.

"He drove down today and she was not there."

Gardai in Carlingford, County Louth, said Ms Maguire was reported missing on Sunday 17 March.

The force said in a statement: "(Officers) are conducting a search operation along with other agencies in trying to locate a 30-year-old female who became separated from her friends."

Anyone with information is asked to contact Carlingford Gardai station on +353 42937 3102.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back