Is one of the reasons Casey is "unpopular" (per Baez) because she is pretty?will re o

Status
Not open for further replies.
To even suggest this is such an insult to potential jurors. I don't believe the girls looks are "the reason" for the majorities distaste at all. :snooty:

I will continue to refrain from discussing her attractiveness as well as the other Anthony's, first of all, because I think it is shallow and cruel to judge someone on their looks and secondly popularity is so besides the point... :waitasec:

Casey, for the most part as far as the general public is concerned, is hard to relate to or muster any sort of sympathy for, because people can sense she is different.
It is my opinion that a lot of people are disgusted by her arrogance, lack of remorse, entitlement and they are afraid of what she could be capable of if allowed to rejoin society.
So many peoples lives have already been disregarded and left damaged behind hurricane Casey.

Her appearance on the other hand, is very much relevant to the case interest. Ranging from her cold, vacant stare to furious in a matter of seconds. Her insincere attempts at being distraught, phony smiles and interactions, all very frightening to watch.

Finally, the number one reason most people want nothing to do with Casey Anthony is because we love Caylee Anthony and no precious life is disposable.

In closing, Casey's attorneys shouldn't even be concerned with popularity contests if they believe the states case can be easily discounted. Who cares what the public thinks of their clients personality if she can be proven not guilty.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I certainly dont find Casey that attractive

I just think how shallow people must be if they think the fact that they are "preety" the are being discriminated against what a lot of coswallop .... moo

My two sons are in KC's age group and neither one of them thinks she is pretty at all.

Baez just throws things out hoping they will stick in the minds of potential jurors.

FYI There was some woman whose trial was being covered on CTV last year (or maybe many years ago-sorry) Anyway, the interviewer made a comment about how lovely she looked at the trial, well made up etc. Apparently inmates use vaseline on the tip of their finger and rub the pigment on coloured magazines to remove it. Ta Da- wipe it on your lid and you have eye shadow. Sorry for the OT

Yes you have a point----even women in prison probably have learned how to work with what they have available to use the "bag of tricks" available to women to help us improve our appearance.

I stand corrected, and rightly so kaRN. :blowkiss:

:cow:

Absolutely Eidetic, both her weird range of emotions or lack of, and for me the knowledge that she didn't tell anyone at all Caylee was "missing" and she drove around with Caylee's body in the trunk of her car. The forensic report that either it was Casey or Caylee, and Casey's answer - "well, I'm alive". I keep watching her closely not because of what she looks like, but because I can't believe any human being, let alone a mother could do this to a child, and in particular her own child. Casey, what kind of a monster are you? That's why I watch her, one part fascination and and nine parts disgust.

I like Judge Judy's saying: Beauty fades, stupid is forever.
If I had to listen to KC yammer on the way she did to that lady (sorry I'm not able to remember her name just now) that stayed with her when she was out on bond I think I would have ran from that house screaming.
If she did have a jury made up of young men who were attracked to her they would change their minds after they heard everything that will be said. I also think they just may be more harsher on her as well. JMHO.

Yes you have a point----even women in prison probably have learned how to work with what they have available to use the "bag of tricks" available to women to help us improve our appearance.

I stand corrected, and rightly so kaRN. :blowkiss:

:cow:

Being pretty can work against you in the big house. I would not be surprised if there is a prison lottery for KC's affections.

Ok we are trying to discuss if KC's general attractiveness can cause her to be treated any differently.
Lets keep this a constructive discussion as it could be an important issue.
thanks.

I would think her looks would do more to help her than hurt her. Problem is JB keeps saying she can't get a fair trial. But if KC actually is responsible for the death of her child she is getting a fair trial. If all the evidence/information points to KC and KC alone, KC is getting a fair trial. The fact that she will be able to go to court and present her side is giving her the opportunity for a fair trial.

If the public is misinformed about evidence that would be unfair to her. It is therefore important that the evidence be correctly reported to the media and that is what the public wants, they want the truth. So if that information is made public and it is not favorable to KC but is the truth, that does not mean she will not get a fair trial.

Same as we do here, we ask for the truth in the end regarding evidence. We can throw all kinds of theories out there but if we were sitting on a jury we would be expected to listen to both sides and then come to a decision. So she will get a fair trial no matter what we hear on the news.

Only problem I see is jurors tend to identify with people who defense tries to put in a position of "let's blame this person because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time", when their client clearly has no explanation. You know, "Well, I certainly didn't do it but I'm not going to tell you who did because you can just figure it out for yourself." That is the way KC will come off in court if this is the path they decide to pursue.

But I think her looks will only help her during the sentencing phase. I do not think anyone will want to put her to death.

I believe what makes Casey so unpopular is the fact that her and her attorneys and family have made statements throughout this ordeal that insults the intelligence of the general public. Just because Casey was able to pull the blinders over on her family for so many years doesn't mean that LE or the media or the general public would actually believe a bunch of hooey.
The Anthonys have wasted so many peoples time and energy from the very beginning with their drama, instead of sticking to what was important...finding Caylee. This is what makes not only Casey unpopular but the whole family. Her looks are not important, and I believe she is viewed somewhat as a train wreck. No matter how dreadful the train wreck is you always slow down to look because it is so unbelievable that you couldn't see the train coming!

Baez stated at least twice in open court yesterday that KC is "unpopular". He stated this when he argued that a 600+ dollar forgery/fraud charge would be treated differently... were it someone else's crime --instead of unpopular Casey Anthony's.

Here is something that I hope deserves it's own thread...KC definitely is a sensation. If you can imagine her much older and perhaps homely..do you think that she would be treated differently? Do you think one of the reasons for her unpopularity (aside from the demise of her beautiful daughter) also has to do with KC's attractiveness? It is a valid question.

IMO
I do not find her to be a 10, not a striking beauty..I just find her to be attractive...nothing major.
IMO her attractiveness has nothing to do with her being unpopular...

Casey became unpopular to me
1)after she was arrested in July 2008 and she walked thru the door at the jail with a smile/smirk on her face and we learned she had not reported her daughter missing
2)when the 911 tapes were released and I heard the conversation between Casey and Cindy and then Casey and the 911 operator
3)when I heard the call she made to the A home the night she was arrested and the way she was more concerned about her boyfriend and the way she was speaking with her family and friend..
4) that she stole money from her grandfathers assisted living account and from her friend who loaned her a car to drive
5) and that she lied

That and more is what makes her "unpopular" in my book
:twocents:

Ok we are trying to discuss if KC's general attractiveness can cause her to be treated any differently.
Lets keep this a constructive discussion as it could be an important issue.
thanks.
Thanks, JBean! This is indeed my question, does attractiveness make things more difficult for KC. My question isn't whether or not people find her to be a 10 or if they personally find her to be good looking. Obviously, the media has found her to be good looking. Other Mothers have committed terrible crimes against their own offspring and not gotten near this coverage. If one simply Googles "Mothers who kill", the "other" accused Mothers, though big stories, simply have not been as big of a story as this one*. I haven't heard of most of them! (*and before you say they haven't been as cold or as heinous...uh, no. Really, they have).

The question (about attractiveness being a "reverse" asset) struck me as Baez argued about his client being so different from others who had committed similar crimes. If one takes away the murder part of this story and KC had forged 4 checks would there have been the sort of hooplah there was? Of course not. (We can't take away the murder part, but this is an interesting philosophical question). How do I know who KC is? Because she is currently the best looking of all the "Mothers who kill".... Is that a distinct disadvantage to her legally?

Since her imprisonment i dont think Casey is even remotely attractive.

isabella, I agree.Whats more I dont think she is beautiful to begin with.I am not bashing her,just dont see all the so called beauty.I wont go into why I feel this way ~ dont want trouble but it is my true feeling.If I met her on the street I'd say the same thing.Her looks are in a make up bottle. Now Caylee,there was beauty! every feature,the way she smiled,held her head etc. true beauty.:angel::heart:

I still do not believe Casey's looks or attractivness has put any spotlight on the case at all. In the case of Andrea Yates or Susan Smith, neither the family or the attorneys went on publicity tours or anyone elses on the list. The only case that comes to mind that has garnered close to the attention is Darlie Routier, because of some publicity seeking members including Darlie herself.
I have to look at the media presentation totally, and again I come back to the spotlight that the whole family and the defense attorneys have brought on by themselves.
I also do not believe that her looks will sway a jury one way or the other, but her testimony will or her family members responses and actions will. People notice body language and defensivness whether they realize it or not. On that token, however, they may study someone on the stand more who is not unfortunate looking... it's human nature. Which for the Anthonys, whom are not ugly people, unfortuneately the jurors will listen and watch their body movements. I think for all of them the term "Be Careful for what you wish for", will work against them. The time to have laid low to create reasonable doubt passed a long time ago. Their actions has spoken volumes.

Alright Affinity, I see the point you're trying to make or are asking.

Do I think Casey has been treated differently or will be treated more harshly at trial because in your eyes she is the best looking of the mothers who have been charged with killing her.

And this took some interesting walking around my brain poking at things to see what I actually think, and it sort of surprised me.

First, I think the COMBINATION of the most published picture of beautiful Caylee and an attractive Casey helped to get much of the media attention, plus the "antics" of the parents and the car trunk/not reported missing for 31 days.

And I do think we expect more from the attractive people in our society. They often have the best job prospects, the best opportunity of attracting a choice of mates, etc. So those expectations combined with the really vile charges against Casey is confusing to those expectations. This girl does not look like a murderer. She doesn't act like someone charged with a serious or heinous crime - she acts like a movie star besieged by paparazzi. And so I think she will be sentenced more harshly because she is an attractive girl? I think yes, because we have higher expectations of someone like her.

Sound shallow? Could be - as I said - I surprised myself!:waitasec:

I don't think it's obvious that the media find her good looking. Imo, they are attracted to this case for other reasons; her behavior and her family's behavior keeps this in the news. There are attractive mothers who've killed their children and didn't get the media attention KC has.

I don't have higher expectations of KC because of her looks. I don't care how good or bad you look; you have a responsibility to your children and that doesn't include murder. If anything, attractive people are held to lesser standards, i.e., they get by on their looks alone.

The problem KC may have as it relates to her looks is that those who are investigating, prosecuting and/or judging this case may think "How dare you assume that your looks will help you get away with murdering your daughter." and, thus, throw the book at her to prove otherwise. I think KC's looks are only mediocre but I think she thinks of herself as a "ten" and may feel privileged as a result. I get that same feeling, "How dare she..." and this makes her even more unpopular with me. I guess I'm trying to say that it's not her looks that make her unpopular but that she feels she can get by with all her lies and, ultimately, Caylee's murder because she thinks she's so attractive. Does that make sense? :crazy: lol

I think those in this thread who are saying she isn't attractive just don't agree with the premise (KC is attractive) so that they see no validity in the argument.

Thanks, JBean! This is indeed my question, does attractiveness make things more difficult for KC. My question isn't whether or not people find her to be a 10 or if they personally find her to be good looking. Obviously, the media has found her to be good looking. Other Mothers have committed terrible crimes against their own offspring and not gotten near this coverage. If one simply Googles "Mothers who kill", the "other" accused Mothers, though big stories, simply have not been as big of a story as this one*. I haven't heard of most of them! (*and before you say they haven't been as cold or as heinous...uh, no. Really, they have).

The question (about attractiveness being a "reverse" asset) struck me as Baez argued about his client being so different from others who had committed similar crimes. If one takes away the murder part of this story and KC had forged 4 checks would there have been the sort of hooplah there was? Of course not. (We can't take away the murder part, but this is an interesting philosophical question). How do I know who KC is? Because she is currently the best looking of all the "Mothers who kill".... Is that a distinct disadvantage to her legally?
I am hoping the discussion can become more constructive. agree or disagree your question is legitimate and it has been debated my many.

I don't think it's obvious that the media find her good looking. Imo, they are attracted to this case for other reasons; her behavior and her family's behavior keeps this in the news. There are attractive mothers who've killed their children and didn't get the media attention KC has.

I don't have higher expectations of KC because of her looks. I don't care how good or bad you look; you have a responsibility to your children and that doesn't include murder. If anything, attractive people are held to lesser standards, i.e., they get by on their looks alone.

The problem KC may have as it relates to her looks is that those who are investigating, prosecuting and/or judging this case may think "How dare you assume that your looks will help you get away with murdering your daughter." and, thus, throw the book at her to prove otherwise. I think KC's looks are only mediocre but I think she thinks of herself as a "ten" and may feel privileged as a result. I get that same feeling, "How dare she..." and this makes her even more unpopular with me. I guess I'm trying to say that it's not her looks that make her unpopular but that she feels she can get by with all her lies and, ultimately, Caylee's murder because she thinks she's so attractive. Does that make sense? :crazy: lol

I think those in this thread who are saying she isn't attractive just don't agree with the premise (KC is attractive) so that they see no validity in the argument.

But...the other cases ---they really aren't as covered as this one. Entire forums (like WS) are dedicated to *this* case because of the huge interest.
And the deep interest can't have everything to do with the outrageous crime itself.. there was one case that is so gruesome I can't even type the words here what that Mother did. However, I had not heard word one about that "other" Mother before I researched for my question.

I am having a hard time believing that the press interest is because of the Anthony's antics. To me, it seems more obvious that the media interest is because they have a well above average looking person as the eye of the hurricane.

My question (once again) is not whether or not you or your sons and neighbors think that KC is pretty. My question is more about if Baez has a point, that his client is under different scrutiny than others (in her position) have been. I'm just a newbie trial watcher, my query has to do with if KC's having a backlash because people are envious of her youth and appearance. This is no scientific article, but it touches on some of what I am trying (apparently poorly) to get at.
http://ms-jd.org/when-other-women-hate-you-because-you039re-beautiful

To those who think KC is homely, plain, not a 10 etcetera..do you think it is odd that there is this much attention paid to this case? If it is "just" the 31 day issue...can you tell me why there was not the HUGE media circus (like this one) pertaining to the other "killer" Mothers?

(p.s. for clarification, I am not siding with Baez, KC, CA or the ilk..it is just a very interesting thing that I had not really considered until Baez brought up the "differences" in how (from his perspective) KC is being treated).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305