Is there even a case against Baldwin?

Yeah, the confessed serial child rapist Jessie Friedman isn't giving up either, even though the judical review including the esteemed Barry Scheck of the Innocence Project concluded "By any impartial analysis, the reinvestigation process prompted by Jesse Friedman, his advocates and the Second Circuit, has only increased confidence in the integrity of Jesse Friedman’s guilty plea and adjudication as a sex offender."

Yeah, the confessed serial child rapist Jessie Friedman isn't giving up either, even though the judical review including the esteemed Barry Scheck of the Innocence Project concluded "By any impartial analysis, the reinvestigation process prompted by Jesse Friedman, his advocates and the Second Circuit, has only increased confidence in the integrity of Jesse Friedman’s guilty plea and adjudication as a sex offender."

And the relevance to anything in this thread is....

Well it's related in the sense that HBO has produced propaganda to thought the denials of both convicted child predators, and I also got a kick out of the fact that Baldwin and Friedman look quite a bit alike and even share the same taste in head gear.

Well it's related in the sense that HBO has produced propaganda to thought the denials of both convicted child predators, and I also got a kick out of the fact that Baldwin and Friedman look quite a bit alike and even share the same taste in head gear.

Wow, they really do look like one another. Bookends.

Johnny Depp defends Roman Polanski's sexual assault charge too. So Depp really doesn't look into the facts of a case either just like he did not with Echols.

He told the Independent newspaper: "Roman is not a predator. He's 75 or 76 years old. He has got two beautiful kids, he has got a wife that he has been with for a long long time. He is not out on the street."

Roman was taken into custody at Zurich airport last September at the request of US authorities, who are still attempting to sentence him for the alleged sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl in 1977
http://www.postchronicle.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=193&num=285812

Does anyone know if there were ever any photos taken of the boots that belonged to Echols or Baldwin. I know they collected a pair from each one. And I know about Miskelley's tennis shoes. But, is there an actual photo of Baldwin's boots?

I'm not surprised that Jason is "not giving up" on exoneration. He has shown himself, IMO, to be the strongest of the three since their release. And I read somewhere that he and Holly recently became engaged!

I'm not surprised that Jason is "not giving up" on exoneration. He has shown himself, IMO, to be the strongest of the three since their release. And I read somewhere that he and Holly recently became engaged!

BBM

In what way is he the strongest and I'm guessing it isn't because he got engaged because I though Missekelly did the same?

Is it because he is asking for donations?
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227534"]Jason Baldwin asking for donations to write book .. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I know Echols seemed to be upset with him while he was in prison from the writings in his book

"Over the years, Jason had grown to love prison," Echols writes. "His circumstances were not the same as mine. He had a job, he had befriended the guards and was actually looking forward to the next year in prison school. Jason had also said previously that he wasn't willing to concede anything to the prosecutors."
http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2012/08/21/echols-blasts-baldwin-in-new-book

Oh fgs - Baldwin is NOT 'asking his supporters for donations' - he is participating in a very up-beat program used by a great number of people, which allows others to support creative endeavours and keep updated on the creative process. It's a popular and ever-growing program, and I support IT 100% as a positive thing for all concerned.

And of course - if you don't support the project, you're 100% free to abstain from donating. :)

Echols' comments were deplorable, and serve as a good point of comparison between the two personalities.

If you take the whiny, butthurt tone out of that quote above, what you're actually seeing is a description of somebody making the best of himself and staying positive in a very harsh environment.

Echols was just mad that Jason wanted a ruling of 'innocent' more than he wanted to get Echol's *advertiser censored* out of jail.

Oh fgs - Baldwin is NOT 'asking his supporters for donations' - he is participating in a very up-beat program used by a great number of people, which allows others to support creative endeavours and keep updated on the creative process. It's a popular and ever-growing program, and I support IT 100% as a positive thing for all concerned.

And of course - if you don't support the project, you're 100% free to abstain from donating. :)

Echols' comments were deplorable, and serve as a good point of comparison between the two personalities.

If you take the whiny, butthurt tone out of that quote above, what you're actually seeing is a description of somebody making the best of himself and staying positive in a very harsh environment.

Echols was just mad that Jason wanted a ruling of 'innocent' more than he wanted to get Echol's *advertiser censored* out of jail.

Isn't that what they are still wanting now?

They are the ones who claimed to have evidence to clear themselves, but they have never came forth with that evidence. I thought it was something like DNA that they collected donations for over the years. Whatever their evidence it did not prove very productive for them.

I've lost track of what point you're actually making here.

I am not in the loop of people who'd know what is and is not being done today, as far as the WM3 continuing to seek exonerating evidence.

I do know, though, that DNA testing is hideously expensive. And I'm not sure what they'd be testing anyway? As private citizens, would they even have access to any of the evidence for comparisons?

The DNA tests that were done prior to their release produced no proof of them being at the crime scene.. but they did provide a good call for reasonable doubt, so that wasn't a total wash.

Some interesting notes from the jury
Jury Notes

Especially juror 7 - Misskelley statement.

And Carson's is laughable.
Carson

Subliminal message?
LInk

etc etc...

Speaking of Carson --- if his recanting the account of Baldwin's confession isn't enough, there's Anne Tate, an officer in the facility they were both in:

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/a_tate_affidavit.html

I'm not sure what reason anyone could imagine that Ms. Tate had to lie or even defend Baldwin. She is pretty clear and direct about her observations.

Speaking of Carson --- if his recanting the account of Baldwin's confession isn't enough, there's Anne Tate, an officer in the facility they were both in:

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/a_tate_affidavit.html

I'm not sure what reason anyone could imagine that Ms. Tate had to lie or even defend Baldwin. She is pretty clear and direct about her observations.

great find ausgirl. Now who do I believe, Tate or Carson hmmm...

Well, he -did- recant... ;)

But yeah, Ms. Tate is pretty darned credible, in comparison.

I'm not sure what reason anyone could imagine that Ms. Tate had to lie or even defend Baldwin.
Well she obviously did feel some motivation to defend Baldwin, or else she wouldn't have submitted that affidavit. As for lying, there's no reason to assume she did, as her having not seeing what Carson testified to doesn't come anywhere close to proving it didn't happen. As for Carson's Hollywood "I remember not knowing why I was doing what I was doing" recantation, it apparently isn't enough for those who have lied about the matter, like Joyce Cureton who claimed "he was fixin' to go to the penitentiary for several counts of residential burglary, and that is when the prosecutor got a hold of him", a fabrication Baldwin has used himself at the start of this recent interview for example.

*both the Carson and Cureton quotes are from segment starting around 35:45 in West of Memphis.

Well she obviously did feel some motivation to defend Baldwin, or else she wouldn't have submitted that affidavit.

Perhaps, having been there and actually observed the two, and having a fairly firm grip on reality to boot, she could not in good conscience remain silent.

A reasonably firm grip on reality would've kept her from assuming the omniscience over the detention center to presume that what she didn't see couldn't have happened, and she obviously lacked that, just as it will keep anyone from buying into completely unevidenced stories of Carson being bribed into testifying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back