Is this investigation still in the hands of local LE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe DD or some of HD's friends knew about it and told LE in the first few days after HD disappeared. Didn't LE also go to the Middle School when the students returned from the Holidays?

I know they were involved in Kyron's case, which is when many of us read their site and saw they are behind certain aspects of missing children legislation etc...

But I doubt they stay involved, they may offer resources. I don't think it means anything "secret" necessarily. These days, kids who are missing for a period of time with no signs of parental abduction or runanway have to at least be considered as having possible involvement with something larger/more sinister, I think.

BBM.

lol, the last thing that is secret is the service. :floorlaugh: I was just forming my opine on looking up some cases involving child *advertiser censored* and it seems like the SS was mentioned in so many of them. I may be way off base thinking that is why they were here, but I do wonder.

I agree that it is part of what they offer. But how many cases have the "collective we" been involved in and look how many of us were shocked when we heard they were involved with this one. I just don't think it's all that common.

I read an article that said Texas Rangers were the ones attempting to serve the warrant on SA for DNA & fingerprints..... I will see if I can find the link.

[URL="http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=24344"[/URL]

We've posted about the SS getting involved in missing children searches before, it is part of what they offer.

But what I am wondering is when is the last time that the Texas Rangers have been mentioned in connection with the case? Are they still active?

I have been wondering that myself. One Texas Ranger in Ccity would ease my mind.

Texas Rangers were on the scene of the search at SA's family home. That was two weeks ago.

I remembered because people were asking if they always wore cowboy hats during searches. :crazy: On this video you can see them carrying out computers:

KTAB Video:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1932183789471&oid=124405571390&comments

:great: The hats are part of their uniform arent they ? :crazy:
cowboypistol.gif
When I was a kid I thought they wore the tan pants, white shirts , boots , and hats .... even to bed at night.... LOL I had dreams about an army of Texas Rangers who never got out of uniform.
2gwb921.gif

Question about LE hierarchy: does a major case like murder, disappearance, etc, always automatically mean that state police (and iirc, the Texas SP are the Rangers?) get involved? Or generally speaking, do these cases stay with local LE, unless it is a small town type of situation like CCity, and the local LE does not have the experience or manpower?

I guess in simpler terms, I'm asking, do state police always get involved in major cases? And what is the deciding factor in when/if they do?

Question about LE hierarchy: does a major case like murder, disappearance, etc, always automatically mean that state police (and iirc, the Texas SP are the Rangers?) get involved? Or generally speaking, do these cases stay with local LE, unless it is a small town type of situation like CCity, and the local LE does not have the experience or manpower?

I guess in simpler terms, I'm asking, do state police always get involved in major cases? And what is the deciding factor in when/if they do?

As far as I know the DPS ( state troopers) are involved in nearly everything around here... the Rangers are the elite form of the troopers.... the website I referenced tells a little about what they do.... I am not real sure about protocol for when they jump in though.

I don't know about the Texas Rangers, But I do know that the FBI has to be asked from the top Brass in the County or Town with jurisdiction over the case. They can also be told when to leave by the same people, if the crime isn't Federal...
(Go figure...LOL the most powerful have to be asked, and told to leave and can only assist, if it is not a federal crime)

I know each town is different but I don't know of many where the City Manager is so involved with a criminal investigation, or where he makes himself the spokesperson.

DPS and the Rangers get involved at the request of the LE Agency that has jurisdiction. In smaller towns in TX they are often asked to assist due to the lack of manpower or experience in major cases. The Rangers are generally very low key but integral in the investigation. They don't do press conferences or bring attention to themselves. They do have all the resources of DPS to call on and the training to take the lead in the investigation if needed, or they will play a supporting role.

Depends on what you mean by "local LE". I think any sort of major crime would be the domain of the sheriff, while the town police would deal with minor crimes and maintaining the peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe