Israel Keyes...and cemeteries

Discussion in 'Israel Keyes' started by Backwoods, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

From the sister's post, IIRC she lives close to where I live, here in IN:

My guess is they joined some kind of sect or commune, here. Some are clustered around Amish communities in this area.

The whole post has a fundamentalist bent to it, references to Timothy and other books in the Bible which have references to srict obedience themes in it, and her worthiness with regards to following and abiding by those themes.

I can see where someone raised in that type of an isolated environment would have a worldview the rest of us would see as odd or out-of-sync with modern society.

Now imagine growing up believing the above, and having to relate it to human sexuality, sexuality-related stuff beyond what the group preaches as being within their belief system, etc.

Reading through all this, imagine what her perception(s) of reality must be like.

Her post then goes on to describe another trip to TX, my guess is there's a connection between the group there and the group here in IN, which is by Harlan I think. I wonder if the TX group is connected to the family member who got married there, which I think is when IK last saw any family members. 2011-ish.

Where did the Keyes family originate from? I just find it interesting with all the moving around they had a property in Constable, NY, a stone's throw from the Canadian border. There are Amish in that general area, roughly along S.R. 37, I recall seeing Amish west of Ogdensburg on a trip coming back from Canada in 2007.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Iwatchingeye and Luckyzmom like this.

2. Pinkerton321

Pinkerton321 Hello

Yeah, the Night Stalker Ramirez who talked openly about his interest in the occult. Sleeping on graves. Sounds a little bit macabre. But whatever floats your canoe..

3. marysleuths04

marysleuths04 New Member

Police did say that they believe her assailant came in through the visitors parking lot. If it was Keyes, he would definitely have parked in the visitors parking lot, as he didn't go to school there. And also, Israel's MO was to make people he didn't know disappear. In the Koeing case, he just drove around to see which coffee stand was open the latest. It didn't actually have anything to do with her. Maybe he was walking around the campus looking for a target, and Suzie just happened to be there. Israel Keyes was a very careful planner when it came to the actual crime, but he was more of an opportunist when it came to the victims.

Sincerely and Falling Down like this.
  4. marya644

marya644 New Member

Falling Down and gogrannypop like this.
  5. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'd wondered about the cache in the North Country of NY. Definitely off the beaten path.

A question I have that has not been answered is what was his home of record when he went into the Army. He shipped out of Albany, however I don't know which town he was actually living in.

6. BD1989

BD1989 Member

I believe he was living in Constable NY during that time period.

Falling Down likes this.
  7. Sincerely

Sincerely Well-Known Member

I was thinking he may have hidden some of his caches in cemeteries. I also get a bad feeling about the family. I wonder what happened that caused him to leave the family and his parents not allow his siblings to communicate with him. Wasn’t he 17 when this happened? I have so many questions.