Israel Keyes - Deschutes River assault

sl12

Reaction score
In the most recent episode of TCB, Josh talks about new testimony from the woman who was attacked by Keyes in the late 90s while she was tubing on the Deschutes River in Oregon.

The woman, "MC," is credible to me, but what her story makes me wonder is whether Keyes lost confidence more often than not.

I am not trying to minimize what an awful human being he was, but I sometimes wonder whether he exaggerated his connection to unsolved murders or disappearances in the FBI interviews to make it seem like he committed a greater number of deadly crimes than he did. I hate even writing that because the thought is so vile, his cavalier attitude toward his crimes is so nauseating, and the murders he described are so horrific.

However, I sometimes think maybe he was, as he said, first and foremost a bank robber. If he hit rural banks, he could have been doing that for years. Thus all the travel, and the paying off of credit card debt or supplementing of income + getting a huge rush and thrill out of the crimes. The same with breaking and entering (which he admitted to doing) and breaking into cars.

But this also leads me to wonder whether he actually did more breaking and entering when people were in the houses. He could have committed murder followed by arson to cover up the murder. No idea how anyone would track arsons over time. Is there an online database for arsons?

I think you're on the right track. And I'd check late 90's early 00's thefts/burglary/arson of adult film stores. Just a hunch. I think they found more than just guns breaking into those remote hunting cabins as kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back