Israel Keyes: General Discussion

In virtually every abduction case that I have researched that involved a sexual predator/serial killer, the ball was dropped by investigators at least once, for various reasons.. In the Samantha Koenig abduction, unsub; IK's truck was caught on the Home Depot security camera the night of the abduction:

<sniped & BBM>

&#8220;Every lead led us nowhere. It was tough. Tough.&#8221;

Investigators, for instance, learn the make and model of the truck used in the abduction, a white 2004 Chevrolet three-quarter-ton extended cab heavy-duty pickup, and check all 750 vehicles in the city that fit the description.

They look at Israel Keyes&#8217; truck, twice, but eliminate it as a possibility both times because of the extensive tool boxes, racks and other gear in the bed. It looks like a contractor&#8217;s truck, they reason, and nothing like the pickup in the Koenig abduction. They never talk to Keyes.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20121209/NEWS02/312090023/
SPECIAL REPORT: When the killing ended: The capture of Israel Keyes

Stated by the FBI in the Killer Profile Documentary that IK had 12 Kill Kits hidden in various locations across the US, yet suspect him of only 11 total victims. IK abducted lone, as well as multiple victims as in the Currier(VT) abduction..
At what point in IK's trail of terror did he begin hiding Kill Kits? How many innocent victims lives had he taken before employing this pre-abduction strategy? The numb3rs simply do not equate, imo..

Here is something in interesting as well…

People who disappear from cruise ships. It seems like IK did a few cruises. It would be interesting to see if there are people who disappeared from the ships he was on or from the port of calls during the stops there. Often several ships are in port at once. Also, other tourists or ex-pats or locals at those destinations.

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/Overboard.html

foxfire --

I'm wary of the term "kill kits." I think he perhaps admitted (not on any of the released audio, so this is speculation) to having buried or hidden 12 caches. However, investigators did not know what each contained. We know this for sure because in the final, November 29 2012 interview, they were trying to get him to agree to test out their remote car-satellite plan (wherein Keyes would remotely direct FBI agents in a car outfitted with GPS and camera) by directing them to a cache in the Port Angeles, WA area. Keyes balks at setting an actual date, saying he wants to think about it and remember what's in the cache.

He says, and I believe him, that the New York State gun cache was he only one specifically tied to a murder. By that I took him to mean the only one containing a weapon used in a murder. He says he's more worried about the "little things that might be in there," which sounded to me possibly like trophies, and I got the sense that having other people see this would be a lot more embarrassing/revealing for him than weapons.

In addition, the only 2 caches he gave up were the guns in NY and the trailhead stash in Alaska. The latter was simply a shovel and 2 containers of Drano. It was a body disposal kit, yet the FBI described it as a kill kit. Keyes would have had his gun, knife, duct tape etc. in a backpack he'd bought-with on his bike had that plan gone through.

So, this is a long way of saying that I believe the caches could consist of: bank robbery cash, robbery loot (esp jewelry), murder trophies, body disposal supplies -- as well as caches of weapons and kidnapping supplies. Only the latter would be what I would classify as true "kill kits." My sense is the FBI, in the tv special, lumped them all together. Therefore, I don't see either a correlation or discrepancy between the number of caches and number of victims.

I also noticed that Keyes was extremely precise, in a way that the FBI, at least in real time during the interviews, tended to not pick up on. While telling them about where he'd buried the guns he had with him during the Currier murders, he tells them that the bucket contains "one of the murder weapons." This is because the other murder was a strangulation; the murder weapon was his hands.

Finally, just throwing this in here, someone on this or another thread was incredulous that Keyes could take a body, weighted with 5 milk jugs, out in a canoe and put it in the lake without tipping.

In the Lifetime special we did get a little previously unreleased info. One such fact was that, to dispose of Samantha's body, Keyes went ice fishing, and fed her body into the lake, piece by piece, over the course of 3 days.

I think, therefore, that in 2004 or 5, Keyes first dismembered the person he had killed, and, on his "fishing trip," brought the pieces, each individually weighted, one by one, out in the canoe. I feel this was highly ritualistic and satisfying. I don't see him dumping a whole body into the lake all at once.

In the final interview, again, one of the prosecutors or agents asks, "5 milk jugs for one body?" and Keyes is just like "yeah." But there is again that slight hesitation that I felt was precision, as if he were on the verge of saying, one jug for each piece.

In virtually every abduction case that I have researched that involved a sexual predator/serial killer, the ball was dropped by investigators at least once, for various reasons.. In the Samantha Koenig abduction, unsub; IK's truck was caught on the Home Depot security camera the night of the abduction:

<sniped & BBM>

“Every lead led us nowhere. It was tough. Tough.”

Investigators, for instance, learn the make and model of the truck used in the abduction, a white 2004 Chevrolet three-quarter-ton extended cab heavy-duty pickup, and check all 750 vehicles in the city that fit the description.

They look at Israel Keyes’ truck, twice, but eliminate it as a possibility both times because of the extensive tool boxes, racks and other gear in the bed. It looks like a contractor’s truck, they reason, and nothing like the pickup in the Koenig abduction. They never talk to Keyes.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20121209/NEWS02/312090023/
SPECIAL REPORT: When the killing ended: The capture of Israel Keyes

Foxfire,

They looked at Keyes truck twice because, strangely, it erroneously was listed twice in the database. That article makes it sound as though they were suspicious enough to go back, but not smart enough to envision the truck without its gear. I think another article makes it clearer that the contractor railing and cab appeared to be structurally welded on.

And they didn't talk to Keyes because he was on a cruise. There was nobody home. The article, again, slightly implies police were lazy or not thorough.

Thank you for the link. Just watched it.

Was reminded of his last note. And of other serial killers.

Must ponder more, and find the correct words, but, I don't think his last note was about control.

It is about isolation. The artist. Emotional and psychological difference = be quite, tell no one, but struggle to find ANYone that can relate. Suffering soul inside. Must connect to someone, anyone = gets desperate and kills to see if anyone can FEEL or think or be, the same. A companion. But none are.

About all others must think and feel the same, and understand, even if they cannot admit.

About having felt odd and isolated too many times, too long, and trying not to see emotion in another human being, but FEEL it, even in forced final moments, but the isolation is so far removed that even that does not bring the feeling of being one with anyone. All know, but fake it, via buying homes, cars, the facade. He couldn't live the facade, and knew he was different, but did not want to be. Wanted to connect. Knew that others DO feel and think of the same things, but cannot reach it within themselves.

This all sounds scary, but I think profilers or whatever the new term is or may become, could get more out of serial killers if they could understand their emotional being, not the criminal that they are pursuing. Not a chase, not a control. An individual that is trying to feel that others feel right back, give understanding and love. Without connection, the games come in. A bit of a crazy psychologist would be better than a police person. Someone that does not say the trained words, someone that can FEEL the person and cry with them, laugh with them, hurt with them. Yep, all the interviews are stained, and I mean the serial killer interviews, not just Keyes, all. Trying to connect for a lifetime and failing becomes war, ask the homeless that do not murder. Watched the wrong questions asked when, I think it was Gacy, they allowed to get drunk in jail, still, wrong approach and blew it. One more thing, it takes a long time to gain the trust of a mind that lives alone, more than the Government is willing to pay for. Keyes knew the past record of serial killers and would have given it all if he could have negotiated the Death Penalty within 6 months. He was not a lawyer or Judge, and someone told him, it takes years. Surprisingly, nobody bothers to check that part out, as he said, he would check himself out anyway. And no suicide watch?

I am reminded of the song from Tommy, the Who rock opera. This:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV_9pn7MGUo"]THE WHO - See Me, Feel Me - Listening to You (1975) - YouTube[/ame]

Yep, 21merc7, long gone are the days of Roger L. Depue, John Douglas, and Ressler; pioneers of the FBI BSU; 'witch's unit', when the profilers entered the darkness between good & evil... IK, summed it up pretty well with the analogy of the ants in the frying pan, imo...

My fav Who song: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2KRpRMSu4g"]The Who - Baba O'riley - YouTube[/ame]

21merc, for sure, if you go back and listen to all the audio, he did say again and again "we all know how this ends," and repeatedly say he was losing patience with the process and was working on another plan. He said, "I don't plan on being around a whole lot longer," and "if this doesn't go my way, I don't need you guys."

In hindsight, he was completely consistent from the beginning; he was not going to sit in jail for more than a year, and if they could get him the death penalty he would tell them everything, if not, then the deal was off.

In the press conference investigators gave several days after his suicide (in Alaska, not the VT press conference), a reported asked if there had been any hint in the final interview that he was about to take his life. They said no, everything was as usual and he was cooperating. But listen to that interview or read the transcript and he is showing disinterest and sort of checking out with his body language, and makes a very clear statement that while he had felt he could work the system in his favor by giving out and withholding information on his timetable, he now understands it is not possible within the justice system. He is very clear that the process is not working for him anymore.

I was disappointed with the special for a few reasons. First, they cut and spliced quotes from the interviews to make him sound more sinister. To me that is very bad journalism. They also used quotes from interviews about other things as voiceovers during the Koenig reconstruction. It makes it seem as though he said those things about that crime, when he did not. They also spliced in his laugh in places where he did not actually laugh.

Second, the profilers who seem to be associated with this series -- not the actual Keyes investigation team, but the retired profiler "stars" -- completely sucked. It seems like they didn't even listen to the interviews. Instead they said boilerplate stuff, generic serial killer control bla bla bla.

I especially disliked the guy in the pork-pie hat. He wanted to tell us that Keyes had a thing for Detective Monique Doll, and insinuated depraved motives.

I listened to the audio interviews in the jail when Keyes reached out to Doll to try to set up the whole info-for-death-penalty negotiation. I realized right away she was supposed to be bait. She used a syrupy voice and actually flirted with him, asking about 5 or 6 times if she should tell her boss that Keyes wanted her to stay on the case. She then comes back and gives him her card, actually saying, "I usually don't do this," like some bad movie line.

He was perfectly polite, and told her that if they needed more on the Koenig case from him, he was more comfortable talking with her, but then he says he needs to talk to the prosecutors about other serious matters.

They kept her on for the first subsequent interview, but Keyes talks exclusively to the decision makers (federal prosecutors) because they have the power, if anyone does, to do a deal with him. After that she is no longer in the interviews.

So my sense was the FBI initially thought they could use Detective Doll as a honeytrap and Keyes would be so overcome with lust or whatever that he'd spill his guts just to be around her. But almost immediately it was clear he was interested in high stakes negotiating, and all that mattered was talking to whoever had the power to get him what he wanted. Now, Mr Retired Profiler in the pork-pie hat ignores what actually happened and gives us serial killer 101 ********. I hope to god the FBI has better profilers currently on staff, because there is a lot to be learned from the Keyes interviews, but not if you go into it with a bunch of preconceived theories.

I also agree with you it must have been very lonely and isolating to be him. In the tv special they were saying what a thrill he got out of talking about his crimes. I felt, listening to him, that there was an intensity that was more akin to finally, finally being able to talk about your deepest, most private self. I mean, a mixture of relief and shame and visceral memory, more like a very heavy therapy session.

Have we discussed this case, and I just missed it?>

GUILTY WA-Chris Wilson chrg'd w/Murderof Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 #20
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116351&page=25&highlight=Mackenzie+Cowell

08-14-2013, 10:40 PM Post #608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules71 View Post
Very strange. Wonder what made him suspect Chris and write a letter from jail?? I didn't follow this case but just watched the story on 48 Hours. Not sure what to think. My gut says he didn't do this. Bizzare!

"Keyes, who says he&#8217;s been diagnosed with schizoaffective and bipolar disorders, was held in the Chelan County Regional Justice Center from Nov. 26 until 3:20 p.m. Tuesday. He&#8217;s charged with second-degree criminal trespass for attempting to enter the Chelan County Courthouse just before midnight on Nov. 25, telling witnesses he needed to get important papers from a judge&#8217;s office.

Prior to that, he told a Chelan County sheriff&#8217;s deputy who stopped him for a broken brakelight on Nov. 24 that &#8220;people were following him and wanted to kill him,&#8221; according to the deputy&#8217;s report. On Nov. 10, he was arrested on suspicion of stealing a $30 jacket from the Wenatchee Shopko. In her report, the store&#8217;s loss prevention officer wrote that Keyes told her he was &#8220;homeless, has no money and needed the jacket because it&#8217;s cold outside.&#8221;

Keyes paid $1,250 bail and was released from jail Tuesday."

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliving View Post
It is a weird coincidence isn't it? It would be even odder if Israel and Theo are related. Israel's DNA is in the data bank now. I wonder if the duct tape DNA could be compared to his DNA.
Heres a new article regarding Keyes. http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2...tims-in-state/

Tapes prove serial killer victims in state

Quote:
ANCHORAGE &#8212; An Alaska serial killer buried three victims and submerged two others in a lake in Washington state but refused to provide many more details about their whereabouts, according to interviews released Tuesday by the FBI.

The FBI posted more than six hours of videotaped interviews on the Internet that agents, Anchorage police and federal prosecutors conducted with Israel Keyes in the months before his suicide in an Anchorage jail.

Bad link in above comment..

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2013/aug/14/tapes-prove-serial-killer-victims-in-state/

Tapes prove serial killer victims in state
by Mark ThiessenThe Associated Press Aug. 14, 2013,

ANCHORAGE &#8212; An Alaska serial killer buried three victims and submerged two others in a lake in Washington state but refused to provide many more details about their whereabouts, according to interviews released Tuesday by the FBI.

The FBI posted more than six hours of videotaped interviews on the Internet that agents, Anchorage police and federal prosecutors conducted with Israel Keyes in the months before his suicide in an Anchorage jail.

The material shows Keyes&#8217; movements across the country before his arrest in Texas on March 13, 2012. However, investigators have had leads run dry on a number of other victims and are seeking the public&#8217;s help.

Keyes lived in Washington state before moving to Anchorage in 2007.

In a Nov. 29 interview, just three days before he was found dead in his jail cell from suicide, Keyes asked if investigators had found any knives at his New York property or on a boat he owned in Washington state. He said there were two knives missing from his girlfriend&#8217;s home in Anchorage, and he didn&#8217;t know where they were.

He was particularly concerned about a Cold Steel Tanto, 4 1/2-inch folding knife he bought in Port Angeles. Asked by Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin Feldis why the knife was important, Keyes indicated authorities might find something if they took it apart.
<sniped - read more>

"Keyes, who says he’s been diagnosed with schizoaffective and bipolar disorders, was held in the Chelan County Regional Justice Center from Nov. 26 until 3:20 p.m. Tuesday. He’s charged with second-degree criminal trespass for attempting to enter the Chelan County Courthouse just before midnight on Nov. 25, telling witnesses he needed to get important papers from a judge’s office.

Prior to that, he told a Chelan County sheriff’s deputy who stopped him for a broken brakelight on Nov. 24 that “people were following him and wanted to kill him,” according to the deputy’s report. On Nov. 10, he was arrested on suspicion of stealing a $30 jacket from the Wenatchee Shopko. In her report, the store’s loss prevention officer wrote that Keyes told her he was “homeless, has no money and needed the jacket because it’s cold outside.”

Thanks Foxfire for bringing this case over....I watched this episode but I did not internalize "Keyes"...Sure wish we had a photo of this Keyes simply because it sure sounds like he is following some of I.K.'s ways of trying to break in places, and telling the store clerk he was homeless, had no money, cold outside and he needed the jacket....................If it proves IK was the Boca Raton shooter, remember that 1 ladies cell phone was later found in a homeless community close to Miami and also on FB a lady posted she had met IK in Calif. in a well known homeless community, he came late at night to be with other homeless, smoked pot with them and she also stated they begin to believe he was not homeless because he was always clean.....Just my own head thoughts here, I wonder if there is a true person by this name or perhaps someone giving LE the alias name???....I'm sure there is by the news releases but very odd this person shared the last name and spelled like IK
but even when I watched this, I 100% did not feel the young man that was convicted committed the crime because he was offered a super plea deal and he turned that down, he wanted to share he had nothing to hide and I found it very eerie that this person could have passed as IK's twin in early life but all MOO

Interesting read by the FBI: Serial Killers - 3 part series Sept/Oct/Nov 2013

http:/2013 &#8226; September &#8226; Serial Killers, Part 1: The FBI&#8217;s Role Takes Shape
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/september/serial-killers-part-1-the-fbis-role-takes-shape

Defining Serial Murder-

In 2008, behavioral analysts in the FBI&#8217;s National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime&#8212;part of our Critical Incident Response Group&#8212;issued a comprehensive report entitled Serial Murder: Multi-Disciplinary Perspectives for Investigators. Based on the findings of a five-day conference three years earlier that included 135 experts from across different fields, the monograph defined serial murder as &#8220;the unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.&#8221;

2013 &#8226; October &#8226; Serial Killers Part 2: The Birth of Behavioral Analysis in the FBI
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...2-the-birth-of-behavioral-analysis-at-the-fbi

&#8226; 2013 &#8226; November &#8226; Serial Killers, Part 3: Ted Bundy&#8217;s Campaign of Terror
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/november/serial-killers-part-3-ted-bundys-campaign-of-terror

"Keyes, who says he’s been diagnosed with schizoaffective and bipolar disorders, was held in the Chelan County Regional Justice Center from Nov. 26 until 3:20 p.m. Tuesday. He’s charged with second-degree criminal trespass for attempting to enter the Chelan County Courthouse just before midnight on Nov. 25, telling witnesses he needed to get important papers from a judge’s office.

Prior to that, he told a Chelan County sheriff’s deputy who stopped him for a broken brakelight on Nov. 24 that “people were following him and wanted to kill him,” according to the deputy’s report. On Nov. 10, he was arrested on suspicion of stealing a $30 jacket from the Wenatchee Shopko. In her report, the store’s loss prevention officer wrote that Keyes told her he was “homeless, has no money and needed the jacket because it’s cold outside.”

Thanks Foxfire for bringing this case over....I watched this episode but I did not internalize "Keyes"...Sure wish we had a photo of this Keyes simply because it sure sounds like he is following some of I.K.'s ways of trying to break in places, and telling the store clerk he was homeless, had no money, cold outside and he needed the jacket....................If it proves IK was the Boca Raton shooter, remember that 1 ladies cell phone was later found in a homeless community close to Miami and also on FB a lady posted she had met IK in Calif. in a well known homeless community, he came late at night to be with other homeless, smoked pot with them and she also stated they begin to believe he was not homeless because he was always clean.....Just my own head thoughts here, I wonder if there is a true person by this name or perhaps someone giving LE the alias name???....I'm sure there is by the news releases but very odd this person shared the last name and spelled like IK
but even when I watched this, I 100% did not feel the young man that was convicted committed the crime because he was offered a super plea deal and he turned that down, he wanted to share he had nothing to hide and I found it very eerie that this person could have passed as IK's twin in early life but all MOO

RE: Sure wish we had a photo of this Keyes

'Ask & you shall receive, digndoodle'..

CrimePAY$ $29,500 Reward Paid
http://www.rewardstv.net/tag/theodore-a-theo-keyes/
http://www.rewardstv.net/washington-states/29500-reward-paid/#more-9922

(Photo)
Theodore A. “Theo” Keyes, 31, sent a letter to police that named Christopher Scott Wilson as a suspect in Mackenzie Cowell’s murder.

WENATCHEE (WA)— The tipster (pictured above) who pointed police toward a conclusion in the murder of Mackenzie Cowell received his reward last December: $29,500.

Theodore A. “Theo” Keyes, 33, wrote a letter in August 2010 to the task force investigating the death of Cowell, a 17-year-old Wenatchee High School senior who went missing from downtown Wenatchee that February. She was found dead four days later on the shoreline of Crescent Bar.

The letter encouraged police to investigate Christopher Scott Wilson, a classmate of Cowell’s at the Academy of Hair Design who pleaded guilty last May to manslaughter and robbery in her death.

RE: Sure wish we had a photo of this Keyes

'Ask & you shall receive, digndoodle'..

http://www.rewardstv.net/washington-states/29500-reward-paid/#more-9922

(Photo)
Theodore A. “Theo” Keyes, 31, sent a letter to police that named Christopher Scott Wilson as a suspect in Mackenzie Cowell’s murder.

WENATCHEE (WA)— The tipster (pictured above) who pointed police toward a conclusion in the murder of Mackenzie Cowell received his reward last December: $29,500.

Theodore A. “Theo” Keyes, 33, wrote a letter in August 2010 to the task force investigating the death of Cowell, a 17-year-old Wenatchee High School senior who went missing from downtown Wenatchee that February. She was found dead four days later on the shoreline of Crescent Bar.

The letter encouraged police to investigate Christopher Scott Wilson, a classmate of Cowell’s at the Academy of Hair Design who pleaded guilty last May to manslaughter and robbery in her death.

Do we know -- because maybe I just missed this info at the links -- how Theo Keyes is supposed to have come by information that linked Wilson to the murder? Because that's what I'm wondering!

Did TK know Wilson and/or the victim -- or did he hear about it in jailhouse talk -- or what?

http://www.rewardstv.net/washington-...aid/#more-9922

(Photo)

Thank you Foxfire, you never cease to amaze me!!!
Well, I have to say when I opened up your link, this photo actually shocked me and I mean WOW...he is ?????? Creepy and that is a mild term and what is he hand signing??
I'm with Backwoods, Please explain how TK gained so much knowledge of this victim and the person that was charged (that I do NOT think killed her)...was he a friend or either person??
and the blood stain from the carpet was in the apartment that was no longer leased to the person charged.., so someone had to gain entrance to that apartment in my book and plant some blood there....something is just not right in this case...perhaps Mr. Sticky Fingers gained and entered there??? since he was caught trying to break into a LE office and later charged with exposing himself at a barista at the coffee shop....sounds like this person AK is full of himself and when all is said and done, I do not think this will be the only crimes that Mr. AK has done either...but that is moo
If you know how he knew either party and how he gained so much info. in the case...please help this poor dazed and confused person out here...lol

Here is something in interesting as well…

People who disappear from cruise ships. It seems like IK did a few cruises. It would be interesting to see if there are people who disappeared from the ships he was on or from the port of calls during the stops there. Often several ships are in port at once. Also, other tourists or ex-pats or locals at those destinations.

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/Overboard.html

I found some links about IK and cruise ships

http://www.cruisebruise.com/blog.html?entry=serial-killer-most-likely-on

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/tags/israel-keyes/

Sure would like to know if any cruisemates from that last cruise or any other came forward! Did he mix and mingle or mostly keep to himself...sure would like to know.

IK's cruise trips puzzle me a bit. I keep wondering, why does a serial killer go on these lone cruises? Could be for some of the same reasons other people do, I know -- but I'm not really a cruise type myself, so even those reasons are not super-clear to me. But I almost have to think -- there's some special purpose in it for him...the imagination can run wild here.

We know that IK, was addicted to the thrill of the kill and began his trail of terror as a sexual predator/rapist, and his first victim; a teen age girl. Since that time, over fifteen years ago, IK had escalated and morphed into a malignant Hybrid/Emulator and stealth predator with a variety of victims, MOs, and likely signatures. Unlike most prolific serial killers such as Bundy, whose predominate victims fit a specific profile, IK's did not. Although Israel Keyes, was an anomaly of sorts, he was not the first, last or only, to learn from the mistakes of those before him, imo.

IK, being very meticulous, disciplined, creative, technology, forensic, and FBI/LE investigative tactics and strategy aware allowed him to remain stealth; oblivious to LE for decades.. We can't turn back the clock, but we can correct the tragic mistakes of the past, in the future, if lessons were learned..

'Over the last decade many states have signed reciprocal agreements in regards to MVR reports; DUIs, traffic violations, fender benders, etc'. It would seem logical to conclude that due to the enormous amount of miles that IK traveled in rental cars. Especially considering that many of these travels were in unfamiliar territory, that he would have received traffic citations and or warnings. Seems, the FBI/investigators should have this information available to connect the dots of his travels. 'You must collect the dots, to connect the dots'..
Imo, the FBI must expand the use of their most valuable investigative resource; 'The American Public', through the release of information in the IK investigation... Awareness is the key, imo...

The following BBM is very concerning, and very revealing, imo... IK was very deflective, creative, calculating, manipulative, vindictive, and just pure evil, imo..

Although there have been law enforcement sexual predators/serial killers in the past. I can't remember another sexual predator/serial killer past that planned, or admitted to fantasizing the taking of a Law Enforcement Officer's life. Even the most brazen SKs avoid LEOs at all costs, imo..

RE: In 2011, he begins to wonder what would happen if he got more publicity. His crimes have gone under-reported, undetected, unquestioned, for thirteen years.

'Undetected, unquestioned'? The McStay family was both. SDSO Investigators had prematurely concluded that they had simply started a new life in Mexico, and were not the victims of foul play.. If IK was truly responsible for the McStay's abduction/murders, he may have felt slighted that he wasn't getting the anonymously deserved credit(in his demented mind), for his most horrific crime to date.. After all, IK was insulated due to the thousands of miles of separation and his uniquely meticulous travelling while going dark... Guess, IK gives new meaning to retired FBI BSU John Douglas's novel title; Journey into the Darkness'..

http://israelkeyes.blogspot.com/

He continues to describe to the investigator the process with which he selected a park before he flew back East. "And I don't know why I was... why I was... just itching for trouble, I guess, because I knew I was going back east." (39)

He is excited by the idea of shooting the cop &#8211; with the suppressor, there would be no sound. Just a police officer standing by the young couple's vehicle, and then he would fall down dead, shot with a .22 to the head. He imagines the confusion of anybody else around, especially the people in the car. (98) If his plan would have gone accordingly, he would have shot the police officer and taken the couple.

He begins to look for places to bring victims. He drives up and down Upper Main Street, searching for something to catch his eye. There's the utilitarian option of taking someone north to a National Park.

Or there's a more personal option, of taking someone to a church. "... It's not so much I care, but, you know. I had it in my mind that I was gonna start using churches," he later tells investigators. He explains further, "... That's what I was looking for in Vermont, was a church. To take someone to... I have a lot of issues with organized religion." He laughs thinking about it. "I'm sure it has something to do with the way I was raised, but for the most part, it's just my general outlook on life and humanity, I guess...

So when I first decided to do something in Vermont, that's why I was looking at churches, because I had plans that whoever I was gonna take was either gonna end up in the church and leave 'em there for whoever went to that church that weekend to find, or I was gonna, you know, burn the church with them in it."

In 2011, he begins to wonder what would happen if he got more publicity. His crimes have gone under-reported, undetected, unquestioned, for thirteen years. He wants to up the ante. To push it further. To get recognition, though only if his name is not connected to the deeds. (97)

On his drive, he finds an abandoned farmhouse at 32 Upper Main Street in Essex, with a for sale sign out front. He picks it because it's out of the way and it's vacant. Parked across the street, there is a sheriff's car. It's still there when he comes back, later, and he laughs at the irony in retrospect. (95)

"Do we really know how many serial killers are active in the USA, at any given time"?
Food for thought;

&#8220;JOURNEY INTO DARKNESS&#8221; BY JOHN DOUGLAS(1997); Author and FBI BSU; Behavioral Science Unit Profiler. JD penetrates the minds and motives of the most terrifying prolific Serial Killers. Of course Hybrid Emulator serial killers such as Gary Hilton or Israel Keyes, were not on the radar when this statement was made. JD was one of the early pioneers of the FBI&#8217;s Elite BSU and many of the techniques, strategies, and procedures used in tracking and identifying unidentified subjects today can be attributed to his experiences into the abyss or darkness&#8230;........... Footnote: 'The BSU was later changed to the BAU for obvious reasons; BS Unit, which was referred too as the witches unit due to it being located 60' underground, with dim lighting/no windows, and their unique ability to enter the darkness of the minds that they frequently and routinely encountered'..

Prologue: &#8216;In the Mind of a Killer&#8217;

This isn&#8217;t the Hollywood version. It isn&#8217;t sanitized, or prettied up, or rendered into art. This is the way it really happens. If anything, it&#8217;s worse than the way I describe it&#8230;

AS I HAD SO MANY TIMES BEFORE, I PUT MYSELF IN THE MIND OF THE KILLER.. Quote: by John Douglas...
http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Into-Darkness.../dp/1439199817

He goes on to say that he also puts his head into the head of the victim also to be able to see the whole picture&#8230;.

This experience could cause a strong minded person, severe physical and mental health issues, imo..

As do Catholic Priests that perform multiple exorcisms, Agent Douglas, paid a hefty price with his health, even though he possessed a high tolerance level, due to the enormous level of &#8216;evil&#8217; that he and his team encountered...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Into-Darkness-John-Douglas/dp/1439199817"]Journey Into Darkness: John E. Douglas, Mark Olshaker: 9781439199817: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61YYoeHYNoL.@@AMEPARAM@@61YYoeHYNoL[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back