Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Field hospitals and aid is available on the S/W coast. Not idea, but the best available under the rule of hamas.
IDF has offered a program to alert/redirect citizens out of harms way.

IDF can not make citizens evacuate. I see this same behavior during hurricanes, floods, volcanic eruption, all types of catastrophic events. Some people will just not listen to warnings, resulting in loss of life. It's heartbreaking.

The war on hamas, will not, can not stop. hamas must be destroyed, for the sake of the world.
Moo

This imaginary safe space, we can clearly see, does not exist.

They have not been kept out of harm’s way.

6,000 children have died.

Civilians did evacuate and still got bombed. They listened to warnings and still got bombed.

They are actually getting bombed now as I am typing this.

BY GABY WINE DECEMBER 01, 2023 rbbm.
1701461180970.png
''Leading activist and writer Nimco Ali has condemned “the silence” from international women’s rights organisations surrounding the sexual violence against women and girls perpetrated by Hamas on October 7.

A non-governmental commission set up in Israel shortly after October 7 found evidence of women and girls being raped, tortured and mutilated.

In a column in the Evening Standard this week, Ali, who is at the forefront of the campaign to end the practice of FGM, wrote: “I have been beyond distressed to see so many of my colleagues and counterparts ignore what happened on October 7.

“[The] silence from international women’s organisations in failing to condemn Hamas’s use of sexual violence against Israeli women is deafening as well as dangerous.

“There are no two sides to women being raped and murdered, and in not being clear, we are complicit in the legitimisation of terror groups using rape and kidnapping as a tool in their oppression of women and girls.”

Ali, who received an OBE in 2019 for her activism, wrote that when she posted a video on social media, saying that rape “should never be tolerated during any war”, the replies she received were “horrific. People have convinced themselves that the evidence put forward by Israeli witnesses of mass rape is all a lie.”

''After speaking out on social media in support of Israeli victims of October 7, Ali, who was born in Somaliland and now lives in London, told the JC that she became the target of death threats and “couldn’t get a taxi since, if the taxi driver was Somali, for example, he would just shout at me”.

This imaginary safe space, we can clearly see, does not exist.

They have not been kept out of harm’s way.

6,000 children have died.

Civilians did evacuate and still got bombed. They listened to warnings and still got bombed.

They are actually getting bombed now as I am typing this.
As long as their leaders keep saying they don't regret the October Massacre and more massacres are planned, the bombings of Gaza will continue.

Hamas broke the ceasefire by bombing Israel 2 days ago. Why is everyone complaining about Israel when Hamas has been continuously bombing Israel since October?

This is a war. People are going to die from bombing. It is horrible but I can't blame Israel for retaliating.

Hamas has no regrets over October 7, 'war of liberation' is coming - official​

“I can promise a war of liberation is coming,” warned Hamden, “not just another October 7.”​

There is a lot of presumption there ... that Sinwar does not want a peaceful existence, eventually. That Sinwar can be happy with the restrictions thrust upon the Palestinians. For example.

None of us knows, and none of us can see because the situation is so volatile now. On both sides.

Israel's apparent solution is to assassinate Sinwar. Eradicate the people.

How about try talking with each other? What harm can that do? Maybe if they see each other as humans, and not as "animals" and "imprisoners" they can work out a way to fairly share the land without killing each other.

imo

Sinwar and peace??

A fool's errand. jmo

That map  is a bit messy. Hopefully in family units, there'll be someone with good eyesight to decipher it...jmo

Most people will not even see the map as they need internet to access it.

It dropped leaflets on to Gaza with a QR code to a website with a map of all the areas and geolocating people within them.

Smoke, crater following Israeli strike in Gaza’s Khan Yunis | AFP

When Gazans have had "enough", maybe they'll drag Hamas out of hiding, or "rat them out" to IDF. If Hamas truly hides in houses, schools, mosques, hospitals (basically  everywhere), the "civilians" have to know where they are, imo.

(and here we have the “resistance“ firing rockets on the people they say they are fighting for)

Hamas rockets into the West Bank just now

That is truly an eye opening map in your cite.
It emphasises the tiny toe hold of occupied land the Palestinian people exist in; from one third of which they have been expelled; and the war of attrition waged against them in the remaining two thirds, is doing what? once the landscape in the South matches the apocalyptic landscape of the North ... what then?

The blame is on HAMAS. But, had Israeli intelligence worked better, fewer Israeli people would be held captives now. And then, there is certain regulation, all these things happen in Autumn. Lots of religious holidays in Israel during this time. How many times does it need to happen to understand that people have to be on high alert during autumn season?
Why should they have to live like that?

As long as their leaders keep saying they don't regret the October Massacre and more massacres are planned, the bombings of Gaza will continue.

Hamas broke the ceasefire by bombing Israel 2 days ago. Why is everyone complaining about Israel when Hamas has been continuously bombing Israel since October?

This is a war. People are going to die from bombing. It is horrible but I can't blame Israel for retaliating.

Hamas has no regrets over October 7, 'war of liberation' is coming - official​

“I can promise a war of liberation is coming,” warned Hamden, “not just another October 7.”​

I think they may be complaining about Israel because it’s killed 6,000 children.

There is a lot of presumption there ... that Sinwar does not want a peaceful existence, eventually. That Sinwar can be happy with the restrictions thrust upon the Palestinians. For example.

None of us knows, and none of us can see because the situation is so volatile now. On both sides.

How about try talking with each other? What harm can that do? Maybe if they see each other as humans, and not as "animals" and "imprisoners" they can work out a way to fairly share the land without killing each other.

imo
I respect your opinion. I understand wishing peace was possible. In the ideal world peace would always be the answer and everyone would be dedicated to finding a way to compromise and get to a peaceful middle ground solution.

With that said.. Sinwar does not want peace and I feel confident saying that. This is not an assumption on my part, his words and actions speak clearly what his intentions are. He just made a public statement since Oct 7th and he said that Oct 7th was a "dress rehearsal". He might want a peaceful existence where HAMAS rules all and the Jewish people are gone from the earth.

Hamas Terror Chief: Oct. 7 Was a ‘Dress Rehearsal'

"Sinwar reportedly also called for “indiscriminate killing” in his statement."

Have you read HAMAS's charter?

Negotiating peace with a terrorist group that calls for JIHAD is just asking for another attack.

Sinwar should be in prison right now for the murders he has already committed. He was released as part of a deal to get an Israeli soldier back. Here we are 12 years later and he planed and ordered Oct 7th. He has killed plenty of his own people as well. Matter of fact he was in an Israeli prison for killing Palestinians. He is barbaric.. peace loving people don't negotiate with people like him.

Sinwar was convicted by an Israeli court in 1989 for the murder of 12 Palestinians he considered Israeli collaborators. He was serving four life sentences until 2011, when he was released alongside 1,026 other prisoners in exchange for captured IDF soldier Gilad Shalit.

[
According to the article I posted earlier, the Pope does not believe in fighting terrorism with terrorism. He has referred to Israel’s response as a genocide. I know that not everyone views the Pope as a moral authority, but I find his words powerful. IMO.

I can't access this paywalled article. Can you quote the Pope in reference to his statement that Israel's response is a genocide? Thank you.

I think they may be complaining about Israel because it’s killed 6,000 children.
Bombs from Gaza have continuously rained down on Israel since this war began. Why doesn't anyone criticise that?

Israel is being criticised because their bombs are more lethal and effective. But Gaza has been bombing Israel continuously since October. Is Israel supposed to ignore that?

Hamas purposely broke the cease fire by resuming its bombing of Israel. Did they not expect that to trigger more bombing from Israel in response?

Hamas started this war after spending two years and millions of dollars planning this violent massacre upon Israel.
Now, after the massacre is over, and the horrible damage continues with the hostages and the grief, everyone expects them to have mercy and forgiveness towards the enemy---who is still bombing them and publicly threatening another massacre.

Terror groups have fired more than 7,400 rockets into Israel since October 7, says a government representative.

According to Government Press Office figures, the Iron Dome intercepted over 1,100 of these rockets, 550 misfired and fell inside Gaza, and more than 400 directly hit Israel.

The figures did not account for several thousand rockets, many of which may have fallen in open areas, although the government did not immediately qualify the discrepancy.

[

I can't access this paywalled article. Can you quote the Pope in reference to his statement that Israel's response is a genocide? Thank you.
Sure— it was also in the part of the article I snipped:

“In the session with the Palestinians, the pope wept as they spoke of the massive death toll, said Shireen Hilal, a professor who lost two family members. She and others in attendance said Francis used the word “genocide” in English.”

imo

Somewhere along the way, Sinwar lost his humanity. There is no negotiating with him. Beheading babies, cutting them from the mother's womb and burning babies in an oven is not human, and I am not speaking metaphorically but literally regarding one's humanity, or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ennn