Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
13min ago

Netanyahu: I suggested to Gallant that we hold a joint press conference; he decided not to

[...]

A reporter suggests Netanyahu has passed up opportunities in recent years to eliminate the Hamas leadership in a surprise attack.

He responds: “I won’t act irresponsibly and reveal the full picture that was presented to me and the range of recommendations that I received from the security establishments. When it was possible, we eliminated many leaders of Hamas and other terror groups, and we will complete that mission now,” he says.

[...]

5min ago

Netanyahu says Hamas refusing to let Red Cross visit hostages

[...]

Netanyahu is asked about what the reporter says is a widely held “conspiracy theory” that lots of people in the security services were aware in advance of the planned October 7 Hamas onslaught.

He replies: “There was no conspiracy. There are questions that will have to answered — what happened, how did it happen — and that will be discussed at the end of the war. Not now. There was certainly no conspiracy.”

In response to a further question, he says the truce deal provided for the Red Cross to visit all the hostages, but Hamas is refusing to allow this.

[...]

Last edited:
5min ago

Netanyahu: PA and Hamas both reject Israel’s existence; I won’t let PA govern Gaza

[...]

He is asked about the PA’s potential role in a post-war Gaza, as sought by the US and opposed by him.

The Palestinian Authority “pays murderers…. They educate their children to hate Israel and, to my sorrow, to murder Jews, and ultimately for the disappearance of the State of Israel,” he says.

[...]

“I’m not prepared to delude myself and say that this defective thing, established under the Oslo Accords in a terrible mistake,” should be allowed to govern Gaza. “It was a terrible mistake to return the most hostile thing in the Arab world and the Palestinian world into the center of the Land of Israel, the heart of the land,” he says.

Apparently referring to Fatah and Hamas, he says it then “split into two, but the ideology, to my sorrow, that rejects the existence of Israel is common to both those factions. So I won’t repeat the mistake and put that entity into Gaza, because we’ll get the same thing.”

He adds: “We would be putting the same element — utterly unreformed, utterly unchanged — into Gaza, and that’s what even the best of our friends suggest. I think differently. I oppose it. I think we need to build something else. Of course, [there must be] Israeli security control in the whole area… to ensure no rise of a terror entity for years to come. And the internal governance must undergo a totally different process.

“The PA has failed in this — it doesn’t fight terror, it finances terror; it doesn’t educate for peace, it educates for the disappearance of the State of Israel. That is not the group that should enter now,” he says.

Asked how he will keep Palestinian civilians safe in the now hugely crowded south of the Gaza Strip, he says Israel is coordinating with the US and that Israel “wants to avoid harm to the civilian populace.”

When it is put to him that some critics say he strengthened Hamas over the years, he responds: It’s a lie.” Under his leadership, Hamas was hit in four rounds of conflict. “We killed thousands of terrorists.”

At the same time, his and other governments rightly sought to prevent a humanitarian collapse in Gaza. That’s why money was allowed to flow into Gaza.

[...]

4min ago

Egypt tells WSJ: Truce talks ongoing, Qataris still in Israel

Egyptian officials tells the Wall Street Journal that truce talks are ongoing despite the departure of Israeli negotiators from Qatar.

According to unnamed officials quoted by the paper, Qatari officials remain in Israel and Egyptians are in Gaza to keep lines of communication open.

[...]

Israel says Hamas refused to release 17 women and children, breaching the terms of the truce.

Hamas deputy head Saleh Arouri tells broadcaster Al-Jazeera that any remaining hostages are men, “all of whom served in the (Israeli) army.”
What the H? They refused to release the remaining women and children, whom we all know about. But they are now claiming there are only male soldiers left? I call BS on that story.

Now what? :mad:

3min ago

Gallant says IDF hitting new areas in Gaza, issues warning to Hamas leaders

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant says the military is striking in areas of Gaza that it had not yet hit since the beginning of the war, and warns senior Hamas commanders in the southern part of the Strip.

“In the last two days, we are also operating in areas where we did not operate in the last month and this will increase. This action will reach every area that needs to be reached. We are going for the complete elimination of the Hamas organization,” Gallant says to reservists near the Gaza border.

“We have had very good achievements in the first month,” he says.

Gallant says the commanders of Hamas’s battalions in northern Gaza “already know very well what the IDF can do.”

“But the Hamas battalion commanders in Khan Younis and Rafah also understand very well what happened to the others,” he warns, as the IDF is expected to expand ground operations in southern Gaza.

I wonder if, at some point, Gallant will publicly acknowledge that the Hamas leaders have safely exiled themselves in other countries, despite that massive wall that was built around Gaza.
That the people that they are now killing are the Hamas foot soldiers and innocent civilians.
That the Hamas leaders will likely re-group other people when this is over and continue on their merry terrorist way.

It would have been far more effective to have tried to get the leaders first. Not last. imo

- Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh, together with the family, left his home in the Al-Shati refugee camp in Gaza about two years ago. They now are said to reside in the luxurious hotels of Doha.
- His predecessor, Khaled Mashal, also moved to Qatar in 2012,
- Other senior officials, including Sami Abu Zuhri, the Hamas spokesperson in the Gaza Strip and Haniyeh's political advisor Tahar al-Nounou, have also found refuge in Qatar.
- Deputy head of the Hamas political office Saleh al-Arouri resides in Lebanon.
- Some of the Hamas executives are also known to live in Istanbul.

And, of course, we all know where Sinwar lives, which is not in Gaza or West Bank.

What the H? They refused to release the remaining women and children, whom we all know about. But they are now claiming there are only male soldiers left? I call BS on that story.

Now what? :mad:
Also...

Live updates: Israel-Hamas war, Gaza airstrikes, IDF offensive

“The Hamas terror organization did not fulfill its part in the agreement, which included the return of all women and children held hostage, in accordance with a list sent to Hamas and approved by them,” the statement said.

8min ago

Top Hamas official says hostage talks off until war ends

[...]

Al-Arouri claims that Hamas has released all the women and children kidnapped on October 7 as well as all the foreign prisoners, and that the remaining hostages in its hands are all soldiers or former soldiers.

Israel says Hamas continues to hold 15 women and two small children who were to be released under a truce deal, which ended Friday.

Remaining hostages include soldiers as well as older men, some of whom still serve in the IDF reserves, Al-Arouri claims.

[...]

Al-Arouri insists that the only way for Israel to free its hostages is by releasing all Palestinian prisoners, reiterating a demand the terror group has been making since the start of the war.

[...]

The terror chief says Hamas is ready to exchange bodies of Israeli hostages for bodies of Hamas terrorists held by Israel, but that it needs time to exhume the dead Israelis – who it claims were all killed in IDF bombardments.

Following Thursday’s shooting attack by two Hamas members at a bus stop at the entrance to Jerusalem in which four Israelis were killed, al-Arouri says that Hamas is confident that after Jerusalem, the West Bank will soon join the battle.

Following Thursday’s shooting attack by two Hamas members at a bus stop at the entrance to Jerusalem in which four Israelis were killed, al-Arouri says that Hamas is confident that after Jerusalem, the West Bank will soon join the battle.I
I don't understand this^^^ statement.

why is Hamas confident that the West Bank is going to 'join the battle' after 2 Hamas members killed 4 Israelis at the bus stop? Is he saying the West Bank is going 'to join' the battle in support of Hamas now?

I don't understand this^^^ statement.

why is Hamas confident that the West Bank is going to 'join the battle' after 2 Hamas members killed 4 Israelis at the bus stop? Is he saying the West Bank is going 'to join' the battle in support of Hamas now?
He is saying that was just the beginning. And that yes, the West Bank will join the battle. IMO

I don't see it that way. It's just stating where they are from. They're not outsiders. When looking at terrorists, they will often indicate whether they are "homegrown" or "outside".
RSBM

Insight: Israel's most wanted: the three Hamas leaders in Gaza it aims to kill​

By Samia Nakhoul, James Mackenzie and Phil Stewart
December 1, 202312:02 PM CSTUpdated 11 hours ago

From the article:

“FAILED ASSASSINATIONS

The three Hamas leaders have all escaped numerous Israeli operations to kill them.
All three men were born into refugee families that had fled or been expelled in 1948 from areas in the newly created Israeli state.
Snipped for focus (bc I can't edit, sorry).
This is the part I was referring to, but it's ok. Not a big deal. :)

(Shocker!)

Revealed: Hamas forced Mia Schem to say on camera how 'kind' they were, how well they cared for her – despite getting a vet to operate on her – and even praise their FOOD before they would release her​

IDF spokesman announces elimination of Hamas battalion commander Wissam Farhat. The terrorist masterminded many deadly attacks against Israelis, including the October 7 massacre in the Nahal Oz kibbutz

Of course ... Sinwar, Haniyeh, Zuhri, al-Arouri & Co. had nothing to do with it. It is highly doubtful that they are sitting in other countries and allowing their battalion commanders to do whatever they want.

imo

Thank you, Gardenista. I hadn't heard this story either, and just listened. Pitiful. MOO

This is the closest Israeli hospital to Gaza. They receive Palestinian patients from Gaza - between 10 and 15 on a regular day.

Hamas rockets hit the hospital four times, destroying the bridge that connects the old and new hospital, and took five of their operating theaters out of action.

Hamas also hit their institute that treats children with development problems, on the same day the Al Ahli hospital was hit by a misfired Hamas rocket.

ETA: The doctor points out that there were no international reports on these attacks...on an Israeli hospital.

There really is no public outrage that HAMAS continues to fire rockets at Israel.

There is no public outrage that HAMAS broke the ceasefire several times before the final time that ended it all.

There is no public outrage about what the HAMAS rockets are hitting (both inside Gaza and in Israel)

There is no public outrage about anyone being hit by HAMAS rockets and being hurt or killed.

Why is that?

HAMAS starts a war with Israel, continues to fire rockets into Israel, continues to hold over 100 hostages, refuses to let the Red Cross even see the hostages and all the world wants to talk about is Israel striking Gaza.

getting a vet to operate on her – and even praise their FOOD before they would release her

Hmmm....
Vets are doctors who cannot treat humans
But
sometimes help in Emergency situations when a human doctor is unable to render aid.

JMO

There really is no public outrage that HAMAS continues to fire rockets at Israel.

There is no public outrage that HAMAS broke the ceasefire several times before the final time that ended it all.

There is no public outrage about what the HAMAS rockets are hitting (both inside Gaza and in Israel)

There is no public outrage about anyone being hit by HAMAS rockets and being hurt or killed.

Why is that?

HAMAS starts a war with Israel, continues to fire rockets into Israel, continues to hold over 100 hostages, refuses to let the Red Cross even see the hostages and all the world wants to talk about is Israel striking Gaza.

I was looking to see how many Israelis have been killed by the continuous Hamas rockets. And am not finding any statistics. Are they just lucky to not be being killed, or is the Iron Dome so effective that it is preserving Israeli lives? (Which is good imo, because I hate to see any innocents die, of any ethnicity.)

Whereas the Palestinians do not have an Iron Dome. So the death and destruction is widespread.

I think that may be what the world is seeing?

ETA: imo

Last edited:
I wonder if, at some point, Gallant will publicly acknowledge that the Hamas leaders have safely exiled themselves in other countries, despite that massive wall that was built around Gaza.
That the people that they are now killing are the Hamas foot soldiers and innocent civilians.
That the Hamas leaders will likely re-group other people when this is over and continue on their merry terrorist way.

It would have been far more effective to have tried to get the leaders first. Not last. imo

- Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh, together with the family, left his home in the Al-Shati refugee camp in Gaza about two years ago. They now are said to reside in the luxurious hotels of Doha.
- His predecessor, Khaled Mashal, also moved to Qatar in 2012,
- Other senior officials, including Sami Abu Zuhri, the Hamas spokesperson in the Gaza Strip and Haniyeh's political advisor Tahar al-Nounou, have also found refuge in Qatar.
- Deputy head of the Hamas political office Saleh al-Arouri resides in Lebanon.
- Some of the Hamas executives are also known to live in Istanbul.

And, of course, we all know where Sinwar lives, which is not in Gaza or West Bank.

Israel is planning to hunt down Hamas leaders around the world once it shifts away from fighting the group in Gaza, the Wall Street Journal reports.
Spy agencies have been ordered by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to draw up plans to assassinate the group’s top leaders outside of Gaza, who live in Turkey, Qatar and elsewhere, the paper reports, citing Israeli officials.

Earlier in November, Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated at a press conference: "I have instructed the Mossad to act against the heads of Hamas wherever they are." At the same press conference, the nation's Minister of Defense Yoav Gallant said the Hamas leaders were "marked for death.1 day ago

Israel Seeks To Kill Hamas Leaders Hiding Abroad After War ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18