It is possible....isn't it?

I think you would be shocked to see how oblivious some people are to things like this- obviously we all have a predisposition to perk up our ears when this type of things come on the news but everyone is not the same...some hear it and quickly file it away in the "oh, yeah, I remember hearing about that", file, others think "How sad" and quickly forget about it, and still others don't even take it in as they are looking at or hearing about it...So it's definitely not in the realm of impossibility and I'm praying as you are...but my gut is calling me unrealistic at the same time...

It's not just that - I HAVE been following the case, but change (dye and cut differently) his hair, change the glasses (would contacts be an option?) and I'd never recognize him. There are those who would, but most people, not a chance.

Yes, this could be...My youngest angel, 7 years old, is a Kyron "look-a-like" when he's wearing his little glasses...Not real close but close enough that someone who didn't know either one could do a double take...Take his glasses off, very little resemblance...So this is also a (small) possibility too...pray for these scenarios (in which he is safe somewhere and not being abused)...

The police are right. There is no evidence he is dead. No scent of death, no blood evidence, no fiber evidence, no clothing found. Nada. Well at least nada has been released.

Like his mom said - It's like a portal swallowed him up.

BTW, thank you for this thread...since we really don't know, I realize I need a place to think positively...at least for a few minutes a day...thanks for providing this...

I believe it is possible he could still be alive. Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Dugard, Shasta Groene all came back home. There was a boy w/made for tv movie, I think my name is Steven(?), who helped another child escape a predator and they both made it back home. From what I know of the Mennonite and Huetterite communities is they are very community oriented, place their faith first, family and community are second and they are lawful and kind towards their neighbors, friends, and visitors. Someone with a personal agenda would more than likely be shunned by the community and I have no doubt they would contact authorities to see that a child made it home to his family safely. I do personally know people who either grew up in or are currently living in both of those cultures, and I just wanted to voice my limited knowledge. BTW, the Huetterites are not supposed to have radios and televisions, however they do have internet and computers. They used to purchase big pickup trucks with no radios, however - it's hard to get a pickup without a standard radio anymore. I have heard some of the men whistling country western songs when they didn't think anyone was listening. Best baked goods EVER!!!!!

It is possible. Ben Ownby and Shawn Hornbeck come to mind. God bless Kyron.

Personally, I think LE has to have a concurrent plan for following up on Kyron's disappearance. I believe they are focused on 1) TH's movements and statements and 2) possiblity of anyone else being involved. Currently, they have no information or concrete evidence that Kyron is not alive, despite multiple searches and thousands of tips. Whatever happened that morning had to be really normal looking for that day IMO. That leaves me to believe there was either an opportunity or a plan, but why Kyron? If this was a stranger abduction, wouldn't there be some kind of info that would give a hint of a lead? I think a list of the Science projects and talking to all of the parents who helped their child transport their project to school and any parents who attended the Fair (along with children) would have been very beneficial at the get go. God forbid that TH has been just a bizarre and twisted red herring in this whole scenario.

This is the first thread I have started. I hope it is appropriate - I couldn't find a thread that it really fit.

Ok, I know that we don't all agree on Kyron's current status. I am a mom of three and know that my heart is probably leading me through this case moreso than my head BUT I was reading on a site last night and it gave me a little hope that Kyron very well could still be with us and I wanted to share it.

http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved/resolved64.html

Quranah Gilliam - Quranah, 1, disappeared with her mother, Sherrie Lynn Stout, from Elizabeth, New Jersey on January 13, 2005. Quranah was found safe in the New York City borough of the Bronx in June 2009.

She was missing for 4 years! I am sure there is a lot more to the story and sadly, her mother has never been found. Supposedly, the family she was left with did not know she was a missing child. Couldn't that be possible for Kyron, even if it may not be likely?

Slightly O/T, I have been trying to back away from this case a little. The thread about the stroller pretty much did me in. I truly hoped that his family wasn't reading here after that one. No offense to the OP, I know it is the nature of the website. I guess I felt someone else might need a "pick me up" too.

BBM

It is possible but not likely, I think.

On the possible side of the question, there have been many surveys over the years that show that amazing numbers of people in the US don't know stuff that one would assume is common knowledge, like the names of the president, the vice president, the governor of the state the respondent lives in, etc. So even though Kyron's disappearance has gotten a huge amount of attention in the media, there are undoubtedly a bunch of people out there who have no idea who he is or what he looks like.

On the against side of the question, there's the fact that Kyron is 7 years old and capable of normal communication. He probably knows his name, his parents' names, their addresses and phone numbers, etc.

Little Quranah disappeared while she was still pre-verbal. That makes it so much easier and so much less complicated to conceal a child. If a family with a baby less than two years old moves in down the street, how often does anyone suspect that the baby doesn't belong with that family? Almost never.

I've personally suspected for many years that the number of pre-verbal children who are abducted and end up growing up as someone else is probably much higher than is known. The real outliers are the victims who are abducted when they are clearly capable of communication and survive (Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Dugard, etc).

There is hope, though. Elizabeth Smart, Steven Staynor, Jaycee Dugard, Shasta Groene, Shawn Hornbeck, etc, did all survive. We know it is possible.

It's not necessary to live a throwback or off the grid lifestyle in order to have not heard of Kyron -- I asked around at the coffee shop where I hang out, and exactly one person knew about the case, out of a couple of dozen people who were there. This is in New England.

Interesting. I wonder if all of us here did the same thing, what the results would be. I did ask 2 of my neighbors about this... One had no clue about it at all (he works like 90+ hrs a week and is always busy doing something on his property-yet interestingly he has a huge TV satellite in his yard!), the other also didn't know about Kyron although she watches TV all the time! Apparently she only watches things like The Bachelorette and shows like that. I was shocked that she didn't know about it considering her TV is always on.

I guess it is possible for ordinary Americans to not know about Kyron!

Interesting. I wonder if all of us here did the same thing, what the results would be. I did ask 2 of my neighbors about this... One had no clue about it at all (he works like 90+ hrs a week and is always busy doing something on his property-yet interestingly he has a huge TV satellite in his yard!), the other also didn't know about Kyron although she watches TV all the time! Apparently she only watches things like The Bachelorette and shows like that. I was shocked that she didn't know about it considering her TV is always on.

I guess it is possible for ordinary Americans to not know about Kyron!

Exactly...I have mentioned this case to a few friends and they were kind of like, "Oh, that is so sad. Who would do something to a little boy?" but that was about it...IOW, out of sight, out of mind...If I hadn't brought it up, it was evident they would probably never thought of it again. And I work in education so our ears kind of perk up when it's anything to do with kids. Now, I have mentioned other high profile cases (NH, BD - not sure if we can spell out other cases on here) a number of months after their disappearance to my friends and they have no idea who or what I am talking about. So, our perception that you'd have to be on a remote island with no communication systems to not know about these cases is way off track, IMO...

I don't know of anyone within my family, friends or coworkers who are aware of this case much past the vague I-think-I-remember-hearing-about-that stage. 'Course we live on the east coast.

While anything is technically 'possible,' it's not very probable. LE is not seeking the person(s) who took Kyron...they are looking for Kyron (as in his body). There's no evidence that Kyron was taken by someone outside the family. Look at LE for your clues--what do their actions tell you?

In the Smart, Dugard and other abduction cases there were people who either saw those kids get abducted or found evidence of their abduction. There's been nothing similar in the Kyron case. Watch LE for the direction the case is going.

While anything is technically 'possible,' it's not very probable. LE is not seeking the person(s) who took Kyron...they are looking for Kyron (as in his body). There's no evidence that Kyron was taken by someone outside the family. Look at LE for your clues--what do their actions tell you?

In the Smart, Dugard and other abduction cases there were people who either saw those kids get abducted or found evidence of their abduction. There's been nothing similar in the Kyron case. Watch LE for the direction the case is going.

I agree that it is good to watch LE for the direction the case is going.

But, in saying that, there was a recent abduction and murder of a girl walking home from school in Canada,Victoria Stafford, and by watching LE and their investigations, most people (and I would speculate LE themselves) were 100% convinced that someone in her family had something to do with her abduction.

They did not.

Strangers were arrested.

It is possible LE appears to be on the wrong track in Kyron's investigation.

I hold out just a tiny little glimmer of hope because I was wrong about Elizabeth Smart who was found alive.

But I think her case was a huge miracle and she was much older than Kyron and able to survive.

About the Amish theories? Unless the Amish have started using cell phones on a regular basis, I seriously doubt it.

We've seen kids come home before & we'll see it again. I think many people are cautious b/c it's human nature but I also think probably 99.9% of people still stubbornly hold on to hope as well.

There's always hope! Come home Kyron!

About the Amish theories? Unless the Amish have started using cell phones on a regular basis, I seriously doubt it.

I recently returned from Lancaster Cty, PA, and many of the Amish there do use cell phones on a regular basis, or so I was told by the Amish people with whom I spoke.

I have no idea whether that is true of other Amish groups throughout the U.S.

I live in Southern California and rarely hear conversation about Kyron unless I initiate it...

But then my cousin, who lives in Central California, has Kyron's picture as her Facebook profile. I had no idea she knew about his disappearance!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back