Italy’s Highest Appeals Court to Decide Amanda Knox’s Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a riot.. Slander on the police? They have got to be kidding.

Under Italian law, it is a crime to allege that the police hit someone because it damages the reputation of the police. A legal trap that really should not exist in any modern democracy. The screwy part is that everyone in Italy understands that the police routinely hit people.

Amanda's crime was saying in court that a policewoman slapped her on the back of the head.

Under Italian law, it is a crime to allege that the police hit someone because it damages the reputation of the police. A legal trap that really should not exist in any modern democracy. The screwy part is that everyone in Italy understands that the police routinely hit people.

Amanda's crime was saying in court that a policewoman slapped her on the back of the head.

I believe her.

That won't go anywhere. That's one case the Italian police won't want being appealed to the ECHR.

Rest in Peace Meredith.

I will think of you with Nicole Simpson where justice was not served.

That won't go anywhere. That's one case the Italian police won't want being appealed to the ECHR.

On the other hand, the Italian justice system allows mafia princesses - like the man/woman that made an appearance in court about the knife being hidden in the stone wall. Are police slapping people up the back of the head, yet none of the 9 officers witnessed it?

Or ... am I mistaken, and it wasn't 9 officers for 9 hours without food and water, but rather two officers after tea?

On the other hand, the Italian justice system allows mafia princesses - like the man/woman that made an appearance in court about the knife being hidden in the stone wall. Are police slapping people up the back of the head, yet none of the 9 officers witnessed it?

Or ... am I mistaken, and it wasn't 9 officers for 9 hours without food and water, but rather two officers after tea?

Whatever the details otto, I confidently predict that case will be quietly dropped and go nowhere, so I'm not going to waste my time debating it.

otto (11-22-13): I can't begin to predict the outcome. I was shocked when Hellman was overturned. That decision somewhat restored my hope that the courts would review the case once again as a totality, rather than as a piece by piece analysis.

judge hellman to la nazione:
Q: You decided for acquittal based on science and conscience…
Hellmann: We took a decision based on conscience, but I will be curious to see what they say now. Two years ago the Supreme Court criticized us claiming that we had carried out a piecemeal analysis of the evidence, instead of carrying out a comprehensive evaluation. But, I ask myself, if the single pieces of evidence have no value, how was it possible to perform a comprehensive evaluation of nothing?

http://postimg.org/image/raag3hq07/

The Italian Supreme Court got this right. Now Italy should jail the prosecutor. He is corrupt. RG killed poor Meredith. RIP MK.

BBM
This is a total mis truth, I guess that will only continue.

RG opted for a fast track trial which gives an automatic reduced sentence. It is a right afforded to everyone, as there are no plea deals in Italy.

Thank you for setting me straight and educating me on the reason for his reduced sentence. It does not change the fact, however, that 16 years is too short of a sentence for the man who brutally murdered Meredith Kercher.

judge hellman to la nazione:
Q: You decided for acquittal based on science and conscience…
Hellmann: We took a decision based on conscience, but I will be curious to see what they say now. Two years ago the Supreme Court criticized us claiming that we had carried out a piecemeal analysis of the evidence, instead of carrying out a comprehensive evaluation. But, I ask myself, if the single pieces of evidence have no value, how was it possible to perform a comprehensive evaluation of nothing?

http://postimg.org/image/raag3hq07/

Wise words from Hellman.

The Italian Supreme Court got this right. Now Italy should jail the prosecutor. He is corrupt. RG killed for Meredith. RIP MK.

I believe this too. And I think if the police were focusing on the evidence and not the american this would have been put to rest much sooner and Merediths family would not have been put through even more on top of losing their precious daughter. Her loss is imaginable and I can only pray for them and wish them peace. But in this case it went on too long for the wrong reasons.

No, they were led to believe they were from the beginning by the corrupt investigators and prosecutors.

Luckily, the man who did commit the crime is sitting in prison and has been convicted.

That should give them peace.

Too bad the Italian prosecutors gave him a reduced sentence so they could try to save face and continue with their prosecution of AK and RS.

1st BBM: Yes, Rudy Guede is still in prison -- BUT -- the Supreme Court previously ruled in Rudy's appeal that he did NOT commit the murder alone.

So ... in light of the SC's previous ruling that Guede was NOT the "lone wolf," then WHO was the SC referring to in their ruling ?

Today's ruling is totally and completely inconsistent with their previous ruling ... and WHY ?

2nd BBM: The Kercher Family will NEVER EVER have peace ... they lost their precious daughter and sister.

And now, they have to deal with their daughter's murderers being treated as celebrities :gaah:

No peace in that whatsoever because the FOA and FOS can be really vile and disrespectful.

3rd BBM: Rudy received a reduced sentence because the LAW allows such ...

JMO but at least Rudy had the guts to admit that he was there when Meredith was murdered and he is doing his time for the crime.

JMO and a big :moo:

Rest in Peace Meredith.

I will think of you with Nicole Simpson where justice was not served.

No one was convicted and sentenced for Nicole Brown Simpsons murder. Meredith Kercher's killer has been convicted and sent to prison for her murder.

1st BBM: Yes, Rudy Guede is still in prison -- BUT -- the Supreme Court previously ruled in Rudy's appeal that he did NOT commit the murder alone.

So ... in light of the SC's previous ruling that Guede was NOT the "lone wolf," then WHO was the SC referring to in their ruling ?

Today's ruling is totally and completely inconsistent with their previous ruling ... and WHY ?

2nd BBM: The Kercher Family will NEVER EVER have peace ... they lost their precious daughter and sister.

And now, they have to deal with their daughter's murderers being treated as celebrities :gaah:

No peace in that whatsoever because the FOA and FOS can be really vile and disrespectful.

3rd BBM: Rudy received a reduced sentence because the LAW allows such ...

JMO but at least Rudy had the guts to admit that he was there when Meredith was murdered and he is doing his time for the crime.

JMO and a big :moo:

I don't give Guede any credit for admitting he was there, his DNA was found inside Meredith's vagina so he was caught red handed and had no choice but to admit it. If he'd really had any good in him he would have admitted that he committed the crime alone instead of putting two innocent people through such an ordeal for his crime.

Thank you for setting me straight and educating me on the reason for his reduced sentence. It does not change the fact, however, that 16 years is too short of a sentence for the man who brutally murdered Meredith Kercher.

I completely agree with you!! I was by no means trying to defend RGs sentence. He deserves to rot in prison for the rest of his life, IMO.

Very pleased with this recent news!!!
Thereal killer RG already is servicing his time, too short of time, but nonetheless found guilty for a murder committed by he alone.

The whole Italian justice system must be corrupt. Poor Kercher family. RIP Meredith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288