Italy - Imperia, Living Male, 30-35, no communication, “G Unit” & “hands” tattoos, Jul'21

StillDiggin

Reaction score
upload_2021-7-31_20-30-33.jpeg upload_2021-7-31_20-30-33.png upload_2021-7-31_20-30-33.jpeg ′′ Help us discover this man's identity. He's just, he doesn't talk and has nothing in his pocket. She needs help ".

The man, who could be around 30/35 years old, doesn't speak or communicate in any way, except by saying, sometimes ′′ Lion ". You don't know nationality. He wears a brown shirt, denim shorts, a hat and blue shoes, completely destroyed. In his pocket he only has a lighter and a mask. He has two tattoos: one written on his left forearm (′′ G Unit ′′) and a drawing of hands reached on his chest.

IMPERIA: "QUALCUNO RICONOSCE QUEST'UOMO?". L'APPELLO DI GIUSEPPE. "NON PARLA, È AFFAMATO E SENZA NULLA. AIUTATECI" / FOTO E VIDEO
upload_2021-7-31_20-30-33.jpeg upload_2021-7-31_20-30-33.png upload_2021-7-31_20-33-17.jpeg upload_2021-7-31_20-33-17.png upload_2021-7-31_20-33-53.jpeg upload_2021-7-31_20-33-53.png

IMPERIA: "QUALCUNO RICONOSCE QUEST'UOMO?". L'APPELLO DI GIUSEPPE. "NON PARLA, È AFFAMATO E SENZA NULLA. AIUTATECI" / FOTO E VIDEO

This is the google translation from the article.
This morning - Fici tells ImperiaPost - a steering wheel from the police station contacted me, explaining that they had a boy in the car who needed a place to stay temporarily. He was dirty with torn clothes.

We had it brought here by the Capuchin Friars of Piazza Roma. We tried to shower him, gave him a pair of shoes, and fed him. He was very hungry and thirsty. Now we don't know where to make him sleep tonight, who should we turn to.

We tried to communicate, but the only thing he says every now and then is 'Lion'. We cannot understand if he comes from Lyon or if he is called that. He also seems absent. Does anyone recognize him? He was in the emergency room yesterday, but he seems to be physically fine, they haven't held him back.

We don't know anything about him. We just can't communicate.

The friars gave him food, they made him wash, but he can't sleep here tonight, they don't even have accommodation to let him sleep. But we certainly don't want to leave it in the middle of the road.

He could be around 30-35 years old. To all nationalities he always answers no.

Anyone who recognizes it can communicate it to the Police Headquarters, or he can also contact me. We just need to find a place for him to sleep tonight ”.

I'm not so sure he looks Italian.
I'm wondering if he is an Eastern European migrant? Looks like an outdoor worker too? Maybe on a farm?

Italians can look like anything. There are white Italians, black Italians, Asian Italians, Arab Italians. Italians of eastern European descent. They're all still Italian. So there's really no such thing as 'looking Italian', and he definitely could still be from Italy.

If I understand it right he pronounces the word lion in a French way. Lion can be found in 12 countries throughout the world. Cities named Lion. How many places are named Lion?

In Spanish it's León. Leon is also a City in Mexico and in many, many more countries. Nuevo León is the 13th largest Federal Entity in the United Mexican States, f.i.

Could also be his name.

G-Unit could stand for Gangsta Unit or Guerrilla Unit . G-Unit was founded in 2000 (but his tattoo is without a - ) by American rapper 50 Cent, shortly after the termination of his contract with the record company Columbia Records . He started this group with other rappers from Queens , New York .

Maybe they could try out if he reacts to this music. Just a thought.

Noticed that on his T-shirt is NY too.

He could be just a fan.....

Sadly we can't see the "hands" tattoo. I wonder if they are spread hands over the chest or praying hands.....

What is the color of his eyes?

Last edited:
They found him in Imperia, Italy. It's interesting this is a harbor place.

Google Maps

It's about a six hours drive from Lyon, France to there, according to Google maps.

He might have come by boat too, f.i. from Algiers, as a boating refugee.

The non speaking could be caused by nonverbal autism or an immense trauma he suffered.

So many possibilities.

It would be interesting to see the soles of the shoes....did he walk on it for a long time and they were badly worn out? Or was there only damage on the above, caused by other reasons?

Last edited:
Italians can look like anything. There are white Italians, black Italians, Asian Italians, Arab Italians. Italians of eastern European descent. They're all still Italian. So there's really no such thing as 'looking Italian', and he definitely could still be from Italy.
I find it interesting that his tattoo appears to be in English.

I don't think it's weird for the tattoo to be in English considering it's a brand/rap group and it's in the same font like a logo. Someone who gets a One Direction tattoo in Germany isn't going to get 'Eine Richtung' since that's not the name of the band.

Him having a tattoo at all, though, would suggest that he isn't, or at least wasn't always, mentally disabled. Someone disabled to the point where they can't communicate at all, can't really consent to getting a tattoo. Or at the very least would be unlikely to stay still and withstand the pain of a tattoo. So perhaps at some point he got a mental illness or brain injury. Or he's acting. I don't think the issue would just be that he's foreign - you'd expect a lost foreigner to at least attempt communication in their native language and then they could try translators.

View attachment 306761 View attachment 306762 View attachment 306761 ′′ Help us discover this man's identity. He's just, he doesn't talk and has nothing in his pocket. She needs help ".

The man, who could be around 30/35 years old, doesn't speak or communicate in any way, except by saying, sometimes ′′ Lion ". You don't know nationality. He wears a brown shirt, denim shorts, a hat and blue shoes, completely destroyed. In his pocket he only has a lighter and a mask. He has two tattoos: one written on his left forearm (′′ G Unit ′′) and a drawing of hands reached on his chest.

View attachment 306761 View attachment 306762 View attachment 306764 View attachment 306765 View attachment 306766 View attachment 306767

This is the google translation from the article.
This morning - Fici tells ImperiaPost - a steering wheel from the police station contacted me, explaining that they had a boy in the car who needed a place to stay temporarily. He was dirty with torn clothes.

We had it brought here by the Capuchin Friars of Piazza Roma. We tried to shower him, gave him a pair of shoes, and fed him. He was very hungry and thirsty. Now we don't know where to make him sleep tonight, who should we turn to.

We tried to communicate, but the only thing he says every now and then is 'Lion'. We cannot understand if he comes from Lyon or if he is called that. He also seems absent. Does anyone recognize him? He was in the emergency room yesterday, but he seems to be physically fine, they haven't held him back.

We don't know anything about him. We just can't communicate.

The friars gave him food, they made him wash, but he can't sleep here tonight, they don't even have accommodation to let him sleep. But we certainly don't want to leave it in the middle of the road.

He could be around 30-35 years old. To all nationalities he always answers no.

Anyone who recognizes it can communicate it to the Police Headquarters, or he can also contact me. We just need to find a place for him to sleep tonight ”.
In case it’s not been done already, I’ve forwarded the appeal to Chi L’ha Visto, the main TV programme and social media platform for missing people in Italy Chi l'ha visto - Home Page

He looks relatively clean shaven and his hair isn't very long which suggests he won't have been out on the streets for long (unless he shaved since being found). Also interesting that he had a mask in his pocket which suggests he is aware enough to know about the pandemic (unless someone gave it to him and he just stuffed it in his pocket).

Are there any local residential care facilities for someone with his conditions, this may account for the G-unit, the mask in his pocket, and his general level of care (clean shaven etc.)
I would seriously, seriously hope that no residential care facilities tattoo their residents!! They're human beings not cattle!

I would seriously, seriously hope that no residential care facilities tattoo their residents!! They're human beings not cattle!

I agree...the impact of the post just now came to me to be honest. With the European history in mind it seems to me that this kind of tattoos is an absolute no go.

I’m not a tattoo expert, nor am I am expert in the realities of residential care. But tattooing a resident seems unlikely IMO. That’s time and money, for starters. And keeping someone unable to consent still enough for a somewhat painful procedure on the sensitive inner arm area would be challenging IMO. The only way I see it happening is if he was partially sedated (ex - sleeping pills, alcohol), perhaps so an aspiring artist could practice. But that’s unlikely IMO.

If he was in care, the tattoo predated care IMO. This wouldn’t be the first time a home lost track of a resident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back