James Bisset / Shannan Gilbert connection

Discussion in 'Long Island Serial Killer' started by pipingplover, Nov 27, 2016.

1. hawkshaw

hawkshaw Well-Known Member

If I heard this right the above arrest came about after another sex worker wound up dead from a drug overdose. Is this starting to sound familiar? Maybe the good doctor was just trying to help this girl he thought to be spaced out drug abuser.

burntsnoop and eagleyeseymour like this.

2. GrayShadow

GrayShadow Member

I am a newcomer to webslueths and an outsider (1800 miles away) with little understanding of the dynamics of politics and law enforcement in the area.

I am more familiar with DA's being voted in/out with no alignment with LE. Chiefs of Police (Department) candidates are decided upon by City Council following political bi-partisan committees/commissions that include representation from the community and those candidates are vetted and number reduced prior to the City Council even knowing who the potential candidates are. Every effort is made to ensure that a Chief is selected on LE merit regardless of political party (governor/county/city/DA).

Reading through the thousands of posts (in these multiple like threads) related to Gilgo, LISK, Nassau and Suffolk County, I am simply amazed at the intertwining of legislation, prosecution and law enforcement on Long Island. I am NOT passing judgement; it is simply something I have not experienced or perceived previously.

I fully agree with hawkshaw that there seems to be a consistent thread that has passed through sex, sex workers, drugs, pols and LE for at least a decade on Long Island. Is this any different in other municipalities/counties? I do not know. But it IS something that should be both of import and further consideration, research and investigation.

3. GrayShadow

GrayShadow Member

And, yes, I acknowledge that this has been and seems to continue to be looked at from the federal level.

4. GrayShadow

GrayShadow Member

At risk of over-posting here……..

Why did LE so quickly state the death of JB1 was not related to the deaths of the bodies found along Ocean Parkway? Why did LE so quickly state JB2 was not related to the death (notwithstanding admitted involvement with SG the night of her disappearance)?

I am not really looking for answers to those questions. Instead, I pose the following:

• Was suicide “a relief to and opportunity for” LE to very quickly sweep something under the rug?
    • Does a quick LE statement of no JB2 involvement and quick subsequent “no comment” from both parties indicate a cooperative quid pro quo? “I won’t talk and you won’t implicate”?

5. hawkshaw

Now you're catching on.

6. hawkshaw

GRAY SHADOW ' you seem to not have considered the untimely death of JB's partner. People just dies around there without explanation.

burntsnoop likes this.
  7. GrayShadow

GrayShadow Member

Hawk, cannot find reported COD for either nor can I find anything explaining health, financial, marital, professional, etc. influences. Still digging.