James Bisset / Shannan Gilbert connection

You are reading it all wrong

Blaming it on a dead guy is exactly what I predicted before it appeared on Blog Boards. I was very pleased with myself by making this prediction. But something happened to change that: That being Spota exonerated him. And that changed my view 180. What I think happened is the cops were frustrated with whAT was going on and the cops put out Bissets name. I believe Spota had to get Bisset out of it like he did with Brewer because both of them would lead back to Burke in some manner. As far A I am concerned it tells me something is very wrong. Consider that Spota is going to jail for covering up for Burke it should make everyone what the hell is wrong with this picture.
You are reading it all wrong

Blaming it on a dead guy is exactly what I predicted before it appeared on Blog Boards. I was very pleased with myself by making this prediction. But something happened to change that: That being Spota exonerated him. And that changed my view 180. What I think happened is the cops were frustrated with whAT was going on and the cops put out Bissets name. I believe Spota had to get Bisset out of it like he did with Brewer because both of them would lead back to Burke in some manner. As far A I am concerned it tells me something is very wrong. Consider that Spota is going to jail for covering up for Burke it should make everyone what the hell is wrong with this picture.
Current SCPD Head Geraldine Hart confirms that it was in fact Spota that was responsible for blocking the FBI from being part of LISK investigation in the new LISK podcast “Unraveled”. Here is link to the websleuth thread for this new podcast: Unraveled: new LISK podcast with Chris Loeb interviews

ADMIN NOTE:

Any member who wishes to post as an "insider" must be Verified by Websleuths, otherwise posts containing inside information will be removed.

Here is the link that that explains why we have this process in place, and how to apply to become Verified..

A Verified member's identity is 100% confidential and will never be disclosed to forum members.

So maybe they were into something and the bottom was about to drop out. I still don't think Bissett has anything to do with LISK, other than being a convenient scapegoat for some people. Hey, blame it on the guy who offed himself. It's not like he can declare his innocence now, right ?

Meh.

I can't point my finger at Bissett (nor anyone else for that matter). But, do you think Shannan had higher-paying clients stemming from her co-conspiracy charges with Joseph Ruis (who reportedly laundered $3 million a yr)?

Bisett had to be removed as a suspect because if the cops followed up on him it would lead right back to Burke. Not knowing if the trail would lead back to Burke he had to dismiss Bisset as a suspect.
that is the same thing they did for Brewer. It is as simple as that.

Bisett had to be removed as a suspect because if the cops followed up on him it would lead right back to Burke. Not knowing if the trail would lead back to Burke he had to dismiss Bisset as a suspect.
that is the same thing they did for Brewer. It is as simple as that.
Bisett had a spouse I believe. Assuming that she is still living, I’m sure she knows, or suspects, whether or not he was involved. If SCPD is serious about case, why wouldn’t they just revisit all of the POIs/suspects that had been previously cleared when the investigation was under control of Burke? And have they already done that? And if not, why haven’t they?

you need to stop posting about Bitrolff on Shannan's connection to Bissett.this is not the thread to discuss Bitrolff.
If u want to know how Shannan was connected to Bissett, ask Bisett's wife Carline Bissett.
can you elaborate?

I heard that, too
Hawkshaw, what’s your take on Gilbert’s attorney John Ray? I’ve heard him speak very candidly in one on one interviews, and he strikes me as a straight shooter, for the most part. But I’ve read quite a few posts from websleuth members question his intent, and seem to believe he is either disingenuous, or have some type of ulterior motive...and I have no idea where any of that is coming from.

Am I missing something?

From 2011 to 2013 i worked with a lady that was close friends to the bissett family. Does anyone remember the day that bissetts family released a statement that they were so disgusted that these internet rumors are defaming their fathers name? I believe it was in 2011. That wasnt supposed to be the statement and they were supposed to be on a live press conference confirming the rumor. When the statement came out my coworker was so shocked that they flipped the story, she became violently ill and i had to drive her home from work. Photos were found in bissetts safe after he committed suicide. Photos of Gilbert and several other prostitutes that were found at gilgo beach. Tied up. Bloody. My guess is that he believed Gilbert's body being found was going to link him somehow and he offed himself because of it. Or, one of his buddy in SCPD tipped him off that there would be more questions. Yes, more questions because according to my former coworker, he had already been questioned by SCPD in connection to the gilgo beach bodies because the burlap sacks the bodies were found in were linked to not only his nursery, but somehow directly to him. I guess there was some kind of evidence. And then he committed suicide instead of having to face his family. There was the torso of a woman found at gilgo beach whose thigh was found on i think manorville 20 years prior, anyone remember that? According to my former coworker that was expecting a press conference, bissett was linked to that somehow back when the thigh was found because he was questioned then too.

ASSUMING the above is true......at least some of it is true, if not most of it then it makes perfect sense to me. I haven't a clue if Bisset did it or not, but he was a viable suspect at one time and Spota went out of his way to remove both Bisset and Brewer as suspects for Gilgo.

Well everyone has an interest in protecting themselves, their livelihood and their families (hopefully) first and foremost. And after that, possibly protecting the interests of anything or anyone that could potentially negatively impact their own interests (i.e. themselves, their livelihood, their families etc.) if they were to be adversely affected...
So if certain individual members of SCPD (active, retired, and resigned), or certain individuals who have the power and the authority to adversely impact SCPD as a collective entity (i.e. individual members and administrators as well as the collective whole), were—hypothetically—somehow implicated in some way throughout the course of the investigation as it progressed, then the investigation might just be stopped dead in its tracks by someone who has the power and authority to do so...
And that already happened...years ago (Spota and Burke).

So what’s happened since then? Who is left to protect? And who is ensuring that they are continue to be protected?
Hawkshaw—strangely enough I just posted this yesterday in the POI: Joseph Brewer thread

I’ve asked a similar question before (sorry), but I’m curious to know if either SCPD and/and or FBI have ever addressed (publicly), whether or not persons that had originally been looked at as potential POIs/suspects during the time that Burke was overseeing LISK investigation—and had been ‘cleared’—have been looked into again as potential POIs/suspects in relation to the LISK investigation being ‘active’.

They really need to go on record and address this question, in my opinion. They don’t need to give specific names individuals, but they should clarify for the public and family members of the victims.

So when is the next scheduled public briefing on the status of this investigation?

He's a bigger question, since the DISTRICT ATTORNEY of Suffolk County is going to prison for corruption why shouldn't every single conviction prosecuted by his office during his 15 years in power be overturned?

At least the district attorney should have a real look at them when people make a big stink about it. You don't run and hide after being asked real questions. Nothing much has changed in Suffolk County. Ssssh.....let us not bother them with pesky little problems as they are now busy doing a Nationwide Hunt for a new police commissioner - pleaaaaaaaaasssssseeeee spare me the nonsense.

You have to remember that Bellone is term limited and will try to make his new police commissioner as politically correct as possible. I hear they have one person in mind for the job, but does he fit the requirements needed to boost Bellone's chances for higher office?

There are a few people out there that are qualified to do the job, but they are NOT persons of the new order.
My best guess is the new commissioner will be black and female, or a variation of both. It might also help if that person wears pedal pushers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back