James Kolar Beth Karas interview Tonight

Was out, just got back. Is there a rebroadcast?
Edit:
OK, found the replay.

Can you please link the replay:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

just go to the original link and hit play...that's what i did....kolar doesn't kick in right away though...couple of other cases discussed first :)

just go to the original link and hit play...that's what i did....kolar doesn't kick in right away though...couple of other cases discussed first :)

Thank y u. I found it and I'm listening

Great show tonight! I finally ordered Kolar's book just a few minutes into the discussion with him. I come away from the show hoping someone heeds his advice and subpoena's Burke Ramsey to testify in front of a Grand Jury. Doubt it will happen but never say never. I think I can finally say that I know who I believe killed her- Burke. I absolutely, unequivocally believe it was Burke, and in that case we have not heard the last from him. Will it take another murder for JBR to finally get justice?

Great show tonight! I finally ordered Kolar's book just a few minutes into the discussion with him. I come away from the show hoping someone heeds his advice and subpoena's Burke Ramsey to testify in front of a Grand Jury. Doubt it will happen but never say never. I think I can finally say that I know who I believe killed her- Burke. I absolutely, unequivocally believe it was Burke, and in that case we have not heard the last from him. Will it take another murder for JBR to finally get justice?

I agree. Had to be Burke. That's the only truly logical conclusion to be made. Will it happen again? My guess, the dynamics in that household were so unique - not in a good way - that it would be difficult to engender a repeat. Thankfully.

"I don't recall"

That's what Burke would testify to. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

BK: .... (53:58) I don't know if there's
a separate count for murder that was never disclosed.
I'm a little confused, I think there was.....

JK: (54:25) Well, the way I read the information
that was produced over the last few weeks was
the Judge, is Lowenbach, referred to eighteen pages
in the grand jury record,
nine each, referring to John and Patsy.

And if you look at the numbering of indictments
that were signed by the foreman
you're looking at, I think it was
4a and 7.

And if you consider that each page was one
particular charge, my conclusion is
that there were nine potential charges
that the grand jury was considering,
uhm, and only signed off on two,
those being the same charges for each
John and Patsy, of accessory to crime
and child abuse resulting in death.

And, so who knows what the other
potential charges were that were considered
at the time.

BK: (62:53...But Chief Kolar is that,
is that kinda what you put out there
in your book?

JK: There's things that are presented
there that were not in the record before
that people weren't aware of.
And uhm, I do a little bit of a analysis,
analysis of some of the things that the DSS
Doctor spoke about when she interviewed him,
not long after the murder.

Dr Bernhard interviewed him in January,
within a few weeks of the murder.
There were other things that came up
during Detective Patterson's
interview with Burke
on the afternoon of the discovery of
JonBenet's body.

And then uhm so other things
that were discovered
at the crime scene
feces in jonBenet bedroom and on some
pajamas that were thought to,
believed to be worn or belonged to Burke.

Those were, some of those things that
I brought forth in that particular chapter
about Burke's history there.

JK: (64:13) That was one of the questions
I had, was that, you know why was Burke
not considered a potential witness to this?

Why was there so much effort to keep him
out of the hands of police
investigators to question or interview him
and why didn't they ask him about what
he may have seen or heard?

They never did that.

TG: (71:10) Well, well let me just say real quickly,
Chief Kolar, have you heard from Lin Wood?
When you wrote your book have you heard from him yet?

JK: No, I haven't.

JK: (77:56) So my counter perspective is this...

And that is that the grand jury heard
the entire presentation of
Lou Smits intruder theory
when he testified before them in
March of 1999 and in considering
that evidence in his theory,
they still voted to indict the parents
on two criminal accounts of child abuse
causing a death, accessory to a crime.

It's clear to me that by the accessory account
the grand jury felt that
the parents parents participated
in some sort of cover up
and attempted to hinder the
investigation.

JK: ( 78:57)But the point to be made,
I think, is that while the grand
jurors didn't have the opportunity to
evaluate the type of testimony in
an adversarial trial setting,
it appears that they most assuredly heard
from the most influential
proponent of the intruder theory
Lou Smit and they still found
probable cause to
indict the parents on those two charges.

I think that they carefully evaluated
all the evidence that was presented to them
over the course of thirteen months,
and after thorough deliberation,
they voted on two counts,
that they thought could be proven

As I think was mentioned by Beth,
I have no doubt that they would have
preferred to indicted the actual perpetrator
but it's my guess that they just couldn't determine
who that specific individual was.

You know I mentioned in one of my chapters
that the assistant DA had indicated that
they really hadn't taken a
close look at Burke Ramsey at the time
and so I do believe based on Lou's statements
that the focus for the grand jury
seemed to be on the parents and that
you know Burke's possible involvement
in this was not really being considered
or explored at the time.

And so a lot of the things
that I discovered during my review
of reports and transcripts and interviews
and things like that perhaps were
never even considered during the investigative process
when Boulder PD was in charge of the case.

Good interview. But frustrating, too. I wanted him to SCREAM the name of the killer. But I know he can't. It didn't seem like Beth Karas knew all that much about it.
I was also annoyed by an ad that kept opening up and playing over the interview. I don't know if anyone else experienced this, did you? I have pop-ups disabled, so it wasn't that.

I didn't have pop-up issues.

And yes frustrating that right now he cant speak more freely.

Thanks for the transcript...it's much clearer on text format :loveyou:

An interesting thing Chief Kolar mentioned that I’ve only heard speculation about previously occurs at about 1:03. He is explaining to Karas the things that made him suspicious of Burke. His quote is:

“There were other things that came up during Det. Patterson’s interview with Burke on the afternoon of the discovery JonBenet’s body.”

Okay, we (I, at least) always thought Det. Patterson spoke with Burke when he first went over to the Whites’ house (while it was still being considered a kidnapping) in the morning, and was therefore only being asked if he saw or heard anything that might help out in the investigation. But if this “interview” happened after her body was discovered, it gives a different perspective on what might have been discussed. I had thought that probably nothing of any value had come from this interview because nothing was ever mentioned about it other than how mad the Ramseys were that the BPD had “illegally questioned a minor” (No charges were ever pursued though, were they?). But there must have been something said by Burke that caught the attention of Kolar for him to even mention it -- something that might not have made sense or even stood out when looking at him as a possible witness. But from Kolar’s perspective of looking at him as a possible suspect, it was something that added to his suspicions.

Of course, we’ll never know what that might have been, because it would only show up in Det. Patterson’s report (and that will never be released), and Kolar will not tell us what it was (unless maybe someone presses him for an answer in some future webcast, hint, hint).

(And thank you, Tad, for the transcripts.)

An interesting thing Chief Kolar mentioned that I’ve only heard speculation about previously occurs at about 1:03. He is explaining to Karas the things that made him suspicious of Burke. His quote is:

“There were other things that came up during Det. Patterson’s interview with Burke on the afternoon of the discovery JonBenet’s body.”

Okay, we (I, at least) always thought Det. Patterson spoke with Burke when he first went over to the Whites’ house (while it was still being considered a kidnapping) in the morning, and was therefore only being asked if he saw or heard anything that might help out in the investigation. But if this “interview” happened after her body was discovered, it gives a different perspective on what might have been discussed. I had thought that probably nothing of any value had come from this interview because nothing was ever mentioned about it other than how mad the Ramseys were that the BPD had “illegally questioned a minor” (No charges were ever pursued though, were they?). But there must have been something said by Burke that caught the attention of Kolar for him to even mention it -- something that might not have made sense or even stood out when looking at him as a possible witness. But from Kolar’s perspective of looking at him as a possible suspect, it was something that added to his suspicions.

Of course, we’ll never know what that might have been, because it would only show up in Det. Patterson’s report (and that will never be released), and Kolar will not tell us what it was (unless maybe someone presses him for an answer in some future webcast, hint, hint).

Brushing the Dust Off ~

"~2:30 PM Burke Interviewed by BPD. "At approximately the same time" Det. Patterson talked to Burke Ramsey at the White's house; Burke reportedly had "slept through the events of the previous night" (Schiller 1999a:23).

http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/page/11682461/December 26

I tried to read through the Insanity that is The Death of Innocence as penned by the Guilty Ones ~ like the Ransom Note ~ for their words that I know they had regarding the questioning of Burke at the White's home that day but after the recent confirmation of the indictment it is even more nauseating and infuriating so it will have to be someone either than I to go digging for that one ~ it may be with it as I do remember that one as one of the Biggie's that John & Patsy were not happy campers about!

otg
And then uhm so other things
that were discovered
at the crime scene
feces in jonBenet bedroom and on some
pajamas that were thought to,
believed to be worn or belonged to Burke.

Those were, some of those things that
I brought forth in that particular chapter
about Burke's history there.

That seems to nail down the pjamas as BR's, its as good as saying BR was in JonBenet's bedroom.

This is what I think Kolar is trying to express without stating so explicitly?

For all we know, Burke and JBR could both have been abused.

And it was easier to point the finger at a child, than take responsibility as an adult. IMO

Housekeeper was there, day in and out, I believe she got it correctly. She did NOT point to Burke.

Two children with bed soiling problems...what does that tell you?

I tried to read through the Insanity that is The Death of Innocence as penned by the Guilty Ones ~ like the Ransom Note ~ for their words that I know they had regarding the questioning of Burke at the White's home that day but after the recent confirmation of the indictment it is even more nauseating and infuriating so it will have to be someone either than I to go digging for that one ~ it may be with it as I do remember that one as one of the Biggie's that John & Patsy were not happy campers about!
Although we were unaware of it at the time, the police had interrogated Burke quite extensively on the morning of December 26 while he had been at the Whites’. Police cannot legally question a child without a parent or guardian’s permission. They claimed in their written report that they had received permission from his grandmother to do the interview. (At the time his maternal grandmother, Nedra Paugh, was in Atlanta, and his paternal grandmother had died before Burke was born.) The police tape-recorded the session. However, we didn’t learn about this interrogation until Burke was subpoenaed to appear before the grand jury in 1999.
Death of Innocence, :puke: HB, page 31

Great job as usual Cynic! I enjoyed hearing your spoken vs typed words last week...
Nice to put a voice to the words!

Now, can someone please help me in my blondness out? I promise I am of above average intelligence, but when it comes to stuff like time zones I am bum fuzzled! I live in Southeast Louisiana, and no don't know my time zone, only that it is 5:43 pm here now...so how does this crazy fall back time thing affect my time to catch Tricia's radio show? TYIA
So embarrassed to ask this ....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back