James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

Jonbenet had been wiped down with something. If she soiled herself in the room the the cloth could have been placed or sat on the candy box. The soiling could have been accidental or from getting a head injury if it happened t hat night. It could show that the head in jury happened upstairs along with the clean up. Reports of soiling., stained panties., bladder infections., and vaginitis along with this candy and the assault is just awful.
It is awful. I haven't read the book yet, but I will, but all this new information really brings home, what a horrible death JBR suffered. Her last days on earth were just awful. This was atrocious, and she was only 6 years old, not much more than a baby... unbearable really, and IDK if I will be able to get through the book. This little girl suffered, that's for sure, and I can't even imagine the horror in that awful basement. Just the fact that she was surrounded by feces, is mind boggling. And to hear JR talk, they were the picture perfect family, where they did NOTHING wrong, NEVER, and even the pageants were just a fun little hobby for JonBenet and her mother. I read an Amazon review for his book, and it was said that he is claiming her pageant pictures were photoshopped, to make them look worse. I really believe that. Not.

god,with this new information I really feel like,no matter what exactly happened that night,BOTH kids were abused......I keep asking myself ...by who?

sometimes the answer knocks right on the front door, and we say to the answer "hey im looking for the truth here" and the answer walks away.

my money says the kids were abused by two parents. :truce:

people arn't objective here......if you don't have a RDI or BDI theory you get jumped on........

everyone is off and running assuming it is Burke's ! it must be Burke's ! he has to be guilty! it all fits blah blah blah

I've been here since 2000, and I still don't have a theory. I can't categorize myself as RDI or BDI or anyone else DI, but I just read and continue to process. Sorry you feel "jumped on".

Take what you need and leave the rest.

people arn't objective here......if you don't have a RDI or BDI theory you get jumped on........

everyone is off and running assuming it is Burke's ! it must be Burke's ! he has to be guilty! it all fits blah blah blah

Okay, this is twice you've complained about "here."

If you want to debate the issues, welcome to it.

If you want to stop us from doing so, you're setting yourself up for failure.

If most people here are RDI, nobody is holding a gun to their head, and clearly people explain their reason and logic. That's actually what you seem to be complaining about.

What I don't understand is why you're complaining about it. It's a forum for case discussion. If you don't like the discussion, okay.

Hello to all, I am new and honored to be among this company.

In Chapter 32 (pp.345-361) of his book, Kolar discusses a videotaped interview of BR conducted on January 28, 1997 by Dr. Susanne Bernhard as part of a required Department of Social Services protocol. Bernhard found BR unattached emotionally to his family, as evidenced by (among many other indications) a drawing he did depicting himself as larger than his mother. JBR was entirely absent from the drawing. JR was shown as a figure in the cockpit of a plane, removed from PR and BR. The psychologist interpreted this to mean that BR saw Patsy as insignificant in relation to himself, and his father as a remote, functionally ineffective figure; only weeks after her death, JonBenet does not even register as a member of the family.

My sense is that the abuse suffered by BR would have involved feeling disenfranchised as his parents focused most of their attention on JBR. I suspect that BR harbored a great deal of rage, acting out in ways that the parents would have sought to keep private.

If BDI, I believe that a feeling of emotional isolation, peripheral importance within the family unit, and subsequent anger might have led to a fatal explosion directed against his sister - and that prior, smaller-scale events could have characterized their relationship from the outset. Parental staging of the crime scene and fierce protection of BR at every stage of the investigation would have been as much the expression of guilt and realization too late, as acts of personal face-saving. (Just my opinion.)

OK, then. I would like to hear Mr. Kolar explain how a small 9 year old boy managed to strike a blow to JonBenet's head which resulted in the long scull fracture. The blow was struck with enormous force. I am very familiar with head trauma, and I have never known of a case where a child was able to deliver what would have been a killing blow to another child with a fully formed and closed skull ( not an infant, in other words).

I remain convinced that an adult was responsible for the head injury.

A person with medical knowledge and experience reading the autopsy report regarding the skull fracture most likely has a clear picture that the fracture in the skull was produced by an object of some sort, swung with great force and violence. Many people other than myself have concluded that the head injury was the result of an object contacting the head with extreme force- more force than a 9 year old would have when swinging an object.

7-yr old kills 7-yr old with child-size golf club
:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,418904,00.html

Hello to all, I am new and honored to be among this company.

In Chapter 32 (pp.345-361) of his book, Kolar discusses a videotaped interview of BR conducted on January 28, 1997 by Dr. Susanne Bernhard as part of a required Department of Social Services protocol. Bernhard found BR unattached emotionally to his family, as evidenced by (among many other indications) a drawing he did depicting himself as larger than his mother. JBR was entirely absent from the drawing. JR was shown as a figure in the cockpit of a plane, removed from PR and BR. The psychologist interpreted this to mean that BR saw Patsy as insignificant in relation to himself, and his father as a remote, functionally ineffective figure; only weeks after her death, JonBenet does not even register as a member of the family.

My sense is that the abuse suffered by BR would have involved feeling disenfranchised as his parents focused most of their attention on JBR. I suspect that BR harbored a great deal of rage, acting out in ways that the parents would have sought to keep private.

If BDI, I believe that a feeling of emotional isolation, peripheral importance within the family unit, and subsequent anger might have led to a fatal explosion directed against his sister - and that prior, smaller-scale events could have characterized their relationship from the outset. Parental staging of the crime scene and fierce protection of BR at every stage of the investigation would have been as much the expression of guilt and realization too late, as acts of personal face-saving. (Just my opinion.)

Welcome. You made some very professional points. I am awaiting my book so I am trying to take in what those who already have it are saying.

We have read over the years what B said in his various interviews; I am coming to see now that possibly what we have read have been just snippets of these interviews. I have always thought that he must not have been involved or the public would have been given a little more (nebulous) info, and it was always put forth that he didn't seem to know about anything that went on. However, now I am wondering if what he said to the police and to Dr. Bernhard were just kept out of the public domain and "doctored". Perhaps this is even Fleet White's reasoning for not speaking publicy, as well.

After all these years, I'm still a fence-sitter.

I've often wondered if Hunter was informed early on what happened and that it involved Burke, so was able to justify in his mind "helping the family out" by stalling the investigation in those first days. Then once it blew up in the media--something no one could have predicted--he was in for a penny, in for a pound, because he shouldn't have done that for the Ramseys or any family, as an officer of the court sworn to uphold the law; it was certainly not within his authority as a DA to obstruct the investigation by the BPD.

Hunter had a son close to Burke's age, after all.

He was also used to walking a fine line between prosecutorial discretion and outright obstruction with other cases we later learned about. Lacy, of course, crossed that line going 90 mph.

I've often wondered if Hunter was informed early on what happened and that it involved Burke, so was able to justify in his mind "helping the family out" by stalling the investigation in those first days. Then once it blew up in the media--something no one could have predicted--he was in for a penny, in for a pound, because he shouldn't have done that for the Ramseys or any family, as an officer of the court sworn to uphold the law; it was certainly not within his authority as a DA to obstruct the investigation by the BPD.

He was also used to walking a fine line between prosecutorial discretion and outright obstruction with other cases we later learned about. Lacy, of course, crossed that line going 90 mph.

LOL-She sure did!! That letter she wrote James was very disrespectful & just plain nasty!

Kolar makes the point that he repeatedly tried to obtain complete medical records for BR, and was turned aside by everyone involved (prosecutors, parents, Team Ramsey, pediatrician, et al.) - so it wouldn't surprise me if (as KoldKase suggests) Hunter had been aware of important background information that he chose to keep quiet. "In for a penny, in for a pound"...that is a good way of putting it. And after reading Kolar's book, it seems to me that Nehemiah is probably correct in thinking that the public has been fed snippets of disconnected information.

7-yr old kills 7-yr old with child-size golf club
:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,418904,00.html

How tall was Burke at age 9? weight?
This nine year old drop kicks a toddler. He could have easily kill a child with a blunt object. Anyone who thinks kids cannot kill each other by accident or on purpose needs to watch children on the playground again for a refresher course.
We want to believe children are sweet, naive and innocent. But, if the child has been previously abused and is acting out or has MI or psychopathy it's very possible.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/2...ating-toddlers/?test=latestnews#ixzz21ijbIxYf

I've often wondered if Hunter was informed early on what happened and that it involved Burke, so was able to justify in his mind "helping the family out" by stalling the investigation in those first days.

the thing -- the one thing -- that has always bothered me about this scenario is why then wouldn't hunter and LE just come out with a statement saying jonbenet was not murdered... it was an accident within the home... it all got out of control (i.e. staging)... instead of allowing this case to remain "unsolved" for so long (and allowing the JMK fiasco). the statement wouldn't have to allude to who did what...

that house was a germ factory

In Steve Thomas' book, he said that Patsy was obsessed with designer upholstery, furnishings, window treatments, etc. but that if you looked into the corners, there was dust and junk and in the bedrooms, piles of clutter and dirty clothes.

Come on man! Ridiculous.

Kolar makes the point that he repeatedly tried to obtain complete medical records for BR, and was turned aside by everyone involved (prosecutors, parents, Team Ramsey, pediatrician, et al.) - so it wouldn't surprise me if (as KoldKase suggests) Hunter had been aware of important background information that he chose to keep quiet. "In for a penny, in for a pound"...that is a good way of putting it. And after reading Kolar's book, it seems to me that Nehemiah is probably correct in thinking that the public has been fed snippets of disconnected information.

Dont forget that Garnett and Beckner turned him aside too.

Come on man! Ridiculous.

Okay, fine. Then Hunter was just corrupt and incompetent. Because he blocked the BPD from getting the most basic of evidence with subpoenas that a beat cop would have known to get. That completely crippled the BPD from solving this case. You can blame mistakes made by the BPD, but in point of fact, no investigation is perfect and with all the evidence they didn't get because of Hunter, it could have been solved in weeks.

Here's an example: Patsy's clothing fibers were all over the crime scene in the basement, the body, the weapon. Even after it took so long to get her clothing submitted because HUNTER BLOCKED A SUBPOENA FOR THEM, this is still what the CBI was able to do with what they had:

From FF:WRKJBR, by Kolar, pages 228-229

Quote:
It would take a year before the black and red Essentials brand
jacket Patsy was photographed wearing was finally delivered to
them. It was frustrating. The clothing articles seemed to trickle
into their office a piece or two at a time. In one instance, a sweater
– that Patsy was said to be wearing under the jacket – was
delivered that looked like it had just come off the shelf of a retail
clothing store. The fold marks were crisp and clearly present,
suggesting it had never been worn.

Trujillo advised me that lab technicians had identified eight
different types of fibers on the sticky side of the duct tape used to
cover JonBenét’s mouth. They included red acrylic, gray acrylic,
and red polyester fibers that were subsequently determined by
laboratory examination to be microscopically and chemically
consistent to each other, as well as to fibers taken from Patsy
Ramsey’s Essentials jacket.

Further, fibers from this jacket were also matched to trace
fibers collected from the wrist ligature, neck ligature, and
vacuumed evidence from the paint tray and Wine Cellar floor.

Some intruder theorists thought that the transfer of Patsy’s
jacket fibers to the duct tape may have taken place after John had
removed it from JonBenét’s face, and placed it on the white
blanket in the cellar. They believed it possible that prior contact
taking place between the blanket and jacket could account for the
transfer of these fibers to the tape.

Lab technicians had conducted experiments with the same
brand of duct tape, by attempting to lift trace fibers from the
blanket recovered in the Wine Cellar. Direct contact was made in
different quadrants of the blanket. There was some minimal
transfer of jacket fibers made to the tape during this exercise, but
Trujillo told me lab technicians didn’t think that this type of
transfer accounted for the number of jacket fibers that had been
found on the sticky side of the tape. It was thought that direct
contact between the jacket and tape was more likely the reason for
the quantity of fibers found on this piece of evidence.

BPD investigators looked to the other jacket fibers found in
the Wine Cellar, in the paint tray, and on the cord used to
bind JonBenét as physical evidence that linked Patsy with the
probable location of her daughter’s death – the basement hallway
and Wine Cellar.

The paint tray was reported to have been moved to the
basement about a month prior to the kidnapping, and investigators
doubted that Patsy would have been working on art projects
while wearing the dress jacket. The collection of jacket fibers from
all of these different locations raised strong suspicions about her
involvement in the crime.

Investigators also learned that fibers collected from the
interior lining of the Essentials jacket did not match control samples
from the sweater that had been provided to police by Ramsey
attorneys. Investigators thought that this suggested she had been
wearing some other article of clothing beneath the jacket.

Imagine if Hunter hadn't been running interference for the Ramseys all that time.

The Today Show picked up the story....

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48336433/ns/today-books/#.UBGbZZgsE20

Kolar did an interview with them, so hopefully he's in talks to do interviews with other shows/networks, so the book will get more exposure.

Heyya Roy, as it stands,

SG limits himself to no comment, as he has not read the book.

"When asked by TODAY.com, the office of current Boulder District Attorney Stan Garnett said he had no comment, since he has not read the book."

LW, has not yet read the book:

The Ramsey family’s attorney, L. Lin Wood, told TODAY.com he has not yet read the book, but that he thinks the book is “nonsense” if it suggests there was no intruder responsible for the murder.
Wood noted that he believes Kolar self-published the book for reasons of “public notoriety” or “fame.”
“I am troubled by the idea that a former member of the law enforcement investigation would choose to take information gained from the investigation and publish it for his own personal reasons, at a time when the case has not yet been solved,” said the attorney.
Moving forward, Wood is hopeful DNA evidence in the FBI’s possession is what will bring the killer to justice, just as DNA exonerated the Ramsey family.

MB:

The case was moved over to the Boulder Police Department in 2009. Current police chief Mark Beckner said last week that he’s about 100 pages into reading the book himself and “it seems pretty accurate.”

Okay, fine. Then Hunter was just corrupt and incompetent. Because he blocked the BPD from getting the most basic of evidence with subpoenas that a beat cop would have known to get. That completely crippled the BPD from solving this case. You can blame mistakes made by the BPD, but in point of fact, no investigation is perfect and with all the evidence they didn't get because of Hunter, it could have been solved in weeks.

Here's an example: Patsy's clothing fibers were all over the crime scene in the basement, the body, the weapon. Even after it took so long to get her clothing submitted because HUNTER BLOCKED A SUBPOENA FOR THEM, this is still what the CBI was able to do with what they had:

From FF:WRKJBR, by Kolar, pages 228-229

The DA messed up, the BPD messed up, and the Ramsey's messed up.

Imagine if Hunter hadn't been running interference for the Ramseys all that time.

The DA messed up, the BPD messed up, and the Ramsey's messed up. You won't ever hear me arguing otherwise. I still think your suggestion is over the top. But if you don't, carry on.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back