James Percell-Bronx guy, homeless but with a voice

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by Jacie Estes, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

2. Loading...

3. shana

shana New Member

OK, I've watched (listened) several times today. At first I was expecting a rendition of the classic Q tune (Bernard Ighner), or one from Oleta Adams, et al.

Instead, I now realize this is apparently James Percell's own song by the same title.

His pitch is sometimes off and he is also out-of-tune from time to time. No matter, he is singing a cappella, on the street no less. My musical mind let the annoying ambient sounds give him some bass lines or guitar riffs here & there...

He sings from his heart...deep feeling, moving tonal quality to his voice...love it!

All he needs is a chance in the studio, to sing on top of a track. I hope he gets that opportunity, now that this video has gone viral.

Bless him!

P.S. Thank you, Jacie!

~jmo~

4. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

You're welcome. I hope he does well too. Living on the streets, especially in the Bronx, can't be easy.

He impressed me because his voice was so pure. He has a really good energy from within. I looked past the little flaws too, because he was just singing, no warm up or gimmick. They both had jackets/hoodies on so it wasn't warm out.. I also liked the fact that it was his song, his words.

I think, if given the chance to be in a studio, he would be awesome.