Possible Victim: Valerie Mack, 24, Manorville Jane Doe #6, missing 2000, found Nov 2000 & Gilgo Beach Apr 2011

inspctrgadget,

Thanks for bringing some attention to Jane Doe 2000!

slim

IMO burlap equals red herring at this point.

It is an interesting point you make. I had thought about that but in a diffrent aspect. In the Possible connection betw. the GB4, AC and other murders thread post #19, I proposed that the SK could be a kind of copy cat killer. He kills and dumps in groups based upon diffrent "hero" SK's.

Please move the burlap discussion here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7146096#post7146096"]The Burlap Connection - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks!

Salem

dang interesting theory and puzzle pieces are coming together! With tattoo, hunting, the group, member at both locations....dang....Will LE investigate or will they ignore it because they dismiss it because they are blinded in that AC bodies are not related?

dang interesting theory and puzzle pieces are coming together! With tattoo, hunting, the group, member at both locations....dang....Will LE investigate or will they ignore it because they dismiss it because they are blinded in that AC bodies are not related?

Good point, that's why I also submitted all this info to the Atlantic County, New Jersey police....along with the picture of them at the NJ show, sitting at a table with a burlap tablecloth.

FYI, I updated my SCPD tip today (I omitted certain things to prevent ID):

---------------------

I discovered that [omitted - my POI], the duck hunter intimately familiar with Cedar Beach and Manorville where the serial killer's victims were found, is a duck hunting guide that RECOMMENDS BURLAP.

The following links demonstrate clear as day a burlap connection to [omitted - my POI]:
http://www.[omitted]
http://www.[omitted]

NOTE: IN THE SECOND LINK, IT SAYS:

WHAT TO BRING:
Clothing: [omitted] Camo: Max 4-hd [omitted]. (highly recommended).

TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT Max 4-HD Camo is - ITS A HUGE BURLAP BLANKET!!!!:
http://www.bing.com/shopping/hs-bur...d&lpf=0&lpq=burlap+max+4+hd&FORM=EGCA&lppc=16

----------
Mods, please keep this in this thread because the duck hunting angle is related directly to Jane Doe 2000. Thanks!

Note the dimensions on the Max 4-HD are 4.5 feet by 12 feet.

I think I found a possible match for the latest release of the victim sketch. Could be Suzanne Lyall who has been missing since 1996. The victim stats say the remains were about 5'2, Suzanne is 5'3. Also, both victim and Suzanne have a surgical scar on their left foot. The sketch also looks like her. I have notified the State Police listed on Suzanne's "Missing" flyer, and they agreed with me and are interested.

Can someone who knows how, post a side by side of Suzanne and the composite sketch, pretty please? Thank you! Great work, themare!

There is a resemblence, IMO.

wm

I think I found a possible match for the latest release of the victim sketch. Could be Suzanne Lyall who has been missing since 1996. The victim stats say the remains were about 5'2, Suzanne is 5'3. Also, both victim and Suzanne have a surgical scar on their left foot. The sketch also looks like her. I have notified the State Police listed on Suzanne's "Missing" flyer, and they agreed with me and are interested.

Suzanne Lyall went missing March 1998.

The latest released victim sketch that you refere to, that victim's left and right legs were discovered on Fire Island in 1996.

That was 2 years prior to Susan Lyall's disappearence.

So, it's not possible that Suzanne Lyall is the victim in question.

Odd that the police you spoke to didn´t realize that.

The latest released victim sketch that you refere to, that victim's left and right legs were discovered on Fire Island in 1996.

Someone else posted the composite sketch. It seems to have been deleted for some reason. It was a sketch of the victim found in 2000, not 1996.

But it was the body found in 1996 that had the scars, not 2000

Agreed, not possible Suzanne is Jane Doe 1996. And she doesn't look anything like Jane Doe 1996 (see image below). So I assume the original poster really was thinking Jane Doe 2000. She MAYBE looks a little like Jane Doe 2000. Jane Doe 2000 had a "tattoo or other identifiable characteristic on her right ankle", but let's for say for the sake of argument that she got it afterwards, between 1998 and 2000.

Jane Doe 2000's right foot was recovered. No mention of surgical scar. Suzanne had a surgical scar on he right foot.

"...Jane Doe No. 6 whose torso and left foot were found first in Manorville in 2000 and whose head, hands and right foot were found Gilgo in April, 2011."

Jane Doe 1996 - no way its her
img6e313b3e64894646490340f24fa4c49f.jpeg

Jane Doe 2000
6a00d8341c630a53ef0154359675b3970c-600wi

Suzanne Lyall
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/suzanne-g.-lyall/person_view_multimedia#images

Side view of Suzanne Lyall
image_large

ddddddddddsdss_370x278.jpg

In my opinion, if you compare side view of Jane Doe 2000 to Suzanne Lyall, the nose is all wrong, the chin is all wrong. Front view comparison: the lips and nose don't match.

Good find. But I'm not convinced it looks like Jane Doe 2000.

And the fact that Jane Doe 2000 didn't have any scars mentioned on her right foot? Probably not her.

The two sketches look so similar to each other. Slight variations in features, but it is hard to compare to the actual photos of Suzanne. She doesn't seem to have that bump on her nose. Anyway, if Jane Doe 2000 has her right foot missing they couldn't check for a match (obviously).

Suzanne doesn't fit the preferred type of the SK, though. 75 lbs. more that the average victim and not a prostitute (it seems). But it still could be worth checking into.

Just read that JD2000's foot was recovered. Thanks Inspctrgadget. It does seem unlikely to be her. Thanks themare for your work.

I went to art school. We learned to draw faces and the proportions. The average person's lower lip is bigger than their upper lip (not including plastic surgery ; )). So it is interesting that both these sketches have larger upper lips.

The two sketches look so similar to each other. Slight variations in features, but it is hard to compare to the actual photos of Suzanne. She doesn't seem to have that bump on her nose. Anyway, if Jane Doe 2000 has her right foot missing they couldn't check for a match (obviously).

Suzanne doesn't fit the preferred type of the SK, though. 75 lbs. more that the average victim and not a prostitute (it seems). But it still could be worth checking into.

Hi Susan,

I corrected my post. Her right foot was recovered.

That is awesome you are invested....Thank You
Wow.......Mountains can be moved No Doubt​

OK, so I found a picture of my POI standing with his wife. I attached a picture of what was on his wife's shirt.

I believe that what we're looking at is a sweatshirt purchased at a gift shop during an Alaskan cruise.

The hair is covering the name, and it's really hard to make out, but when I look at the islands they seem to match up to the Alaskan islands here:

alaska_map_322.gif

So what?

I think its possible that this person's wife and daughter go cruising or vacationing during the summer, while he stays home and works as a landscaper. The landscaping season on Long Island really only lasts the summer, and the cruise season in Alaska is the summer (June, July, Aug, Sep). Most landscapers will be done with work early in the day, maybe say 2-3PM latest?

Note:
https://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/18/...-for-bodies-key-role-for-officer-and-dog.html
The burlap sacks provide another clue. He could be using them either because they are part of his killing ritual or because they are the easiest cover he can find. Burlap, however, is no longer common, and it might be easier to trace than a plastic bag. “To me, it takes away from his forensic sophistication and criminal sophistication and adds to the possibility that he is more interested in this ritual aspect,” [former FBI profiler Jim] Clemente said.

'There may be a seasonal nature to his connection to the area, or to his fantasy and ritual,' Mr. Clemente said. 'It may be the time his wife or kids or parents are away for the summer. There are many possibilities.' "

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 46
I've been thinking about the "wrapped in burlap" vs. "burlap sack" question. The below article, which I believe is the source of all other MSM mentions of burlap, quotes Officer Malia directly as saying "some burlap". I believe the writer then makes their own assumption and says "nearly disintegrated burlap sack". Then the writer goes back to "wrapped in burlap", which is totally confusing since you don't "wrap" someone in a burlap sack.

I think that the writer, and most people, are probably unaware that bulk burlap is sold in rolls by the yard for hunting and other purposes like landscaping. For hunting, even plain burlap is available (cheapest), and hunters use spraypaint to create the camo effect depending on what terrain they'll be setting up in.

burlap.gif

My guess is that the serial killer had a roll of burlap, not sacks. Also, I'm not surprised that there wasn't much burlap left. Burlap would biodegrade extremely fast in the wet, salty and hot environment (i.e., 1-3 years).

Here's the source of the burlap in MSM:

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/18/...-for-bodies-key-role-for-officer-and-dog.html

“The tail starts wagging; he’s making adjustments with his head,” Officer Mallia said, adding, “There was some burlap, and most of the skeleton was there.”

That discovery — the skeletal remains of a woman in a nearly disintegrated burlap sack — would be the first of several grisly finds the police would make off Ocean Parkway.

Two days later, Officer Mallia and Blue returned to the area in the morning to help homicide investigators collect evidence. But about 500 feet from the first body, the officer found a second body wrapped in burlap. Officer Mallia made that discovery alone, since Blue was still in the car.

Does anyone know the exact date when Maureen's cellphone pinged off of an Oak Beach cell tower? It was like a year after she disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back