Identified! MN - Minneapolis, WhtFem UP103592, 50-70, suicide, alias Susan Watkins, Aug'96 - Sally Green

I know the labels were cut out of her clothes but I hope they either kept them or took pictures of them. Even without labels you can still tell sometimes if the clothes are good quality. Even her purse could give us some clues. A suede burgundy/maroon shoulder bag is not a run of the mill black or brown leather purse.

Is the hotel she stayed at still operating? I can't seem to find a hotel with that name and the address 101 9th St North appears to be a parking garage. Is that the address of the parking garage she fell from?

Is the hotel she stayed at still operating? I can't seem to find a hotel with that name and the address 101 9th St North appears to be a parking garage. Is that the address of the parking garage she fell from?
Yes, that is the address of the parking garage. It's right next to the Target Center in downtown Minneapolis. As for the hotel, it could have changed names and be either the current Hilton hotel in downtown or the Fairfield.

Could she be Laura Lucille Hitson? The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Missing September 25, 1994
Missing From Eugene, Oregon
Missing Age 34 Years (born approx. 1960, so outside the age range)
5' 6" - 5' 7" (66 - 67 Inches)
Weight 240 lbs

Laura was being transported to Sacred Heart ER when she bolted. Please note, she can be violent/aggressive without her medications.

There is no picture of her in the Namus file, but I think I found her on My Heritage.

Bonanza High School - V.S. Jaarboeken 1890-1979 - MyHeritage

First picture = 1973 Middle = 1972 Last picture = 1975.

1683657231931.png1683657306580.png1683657354626.png

Reconstruction Susan Watkins
1683657537793.png

Unidentified Person/NamUs #UP103592
Female, White/Caucasian
Date Body Found: August 23, 1996
Location Found: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Estimated Age Range: 50-70 Years

1684954149572.png

Circumstances of Recovery: Decedent was witnessed to jump from a parking ramp to the street below. The name Susan Watkins was a fake name that was given to a hotel she was staying at, it appears to have no true connection to the decedent.

She Looks a lot like Virginia Mary Tobkin. She was last seen in Minneapolis/St.Paul area in 84.
She was arrested for Prostitution in Hennepin County in 77, so possibly avoiding the law and using fake name? The only thing that doesn't match is she would have been only 41 at the time and her eyes are listed as blue.

Attachments

• VTobkin.jpg
    VTobkin.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 3
I wonder what was said between JD and the police during the 3.5 hour standoff. If there is a transcript somewhere, I feel it could give some clues.

These sort of cases put me into a moral conundrum. If someone's last dying wish was to not be identified, who are we to ignore that wish? You know what I mean? Just something I consider. I deeply respect all of you here for what you do, a special shoutout to @GatorFL

IMO I wonder if she perhaps traveled to see the Mall of America before she died, or maybe Mayo Clinic Rochester, OR if she checked into a hotel just to throw people off and did indeed live in the area.

These sort of cases put me into a moral conundrum. If someone's last dying wish was to not be identified, who are we to ignore that wish? You know what I mean? Just something I consider. I deeply respect all of you here for what you do, a special shoutout to @GatorFL
I'm with you. Indeed something to consider. One must be in a pretty dark place to end your own life, conceal your identity and not wanting your loved ones to know. I always think this people where not in their right mind (besides some rare cases where people plan their demise meticulously) when they decided "to step out" and actually needed help. Some people have no next of kin, but I think most families desperately want to know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back