Japan - 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami -Reactor Status, 2011 #6

Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant undamaged after quake

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/25/us-japan-quake-idUSBRE99O0T820131025

TOKYO | Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:41pm EDT

>>>snip

(Reuters) - The operator of Japan's wrecked Fukushima nuclear plant said on Saturday there was no damage or spike in radiation levels at the station after a large earthquake struck in the ocean east of Japan, triggering a small tsunami.

There were no immediate reports of damage on land from the quake, classified as magnitude 7.1 by the Japan Meteorological Agency, which struck about 370 km (230 miles) out to sea. Earlier the agency said the quake had a magnitude of 6.8.

Japanese television said a 30 cm (1 foot) tsunami had reached Japan's east coast...

<<<snip

Also:

7.3 magnitude earthquake hits Japan near Fukushima

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...ude-earthquake-hits-japan-near-fukushima?lite

>>>snip

A 7.3-magnitude earthquake shook Japan early Saturday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.

The quake was off the Fukushima region of Japan, 231 miles east off the island of Honshu...

...The Japan Meteorological Agency reported a one-foot tsunami was observed after it issued a yellow-colored warning Saturday morning, meaning a small tsunami could reach the coast at Fukushima, site of Japan's 2011 nuclear power plant disaster.

There were no immediate reports of damage from the temblor, which Japanese authorities classified as ranging from magnitude 6.8 to 7.1. No irregularities were reported at the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant. A spokesman at Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO), which operates the plant, told Reuters some workers had been told to evacuate to higher ground...

(article continues)

<<<snip
BBM

Earthquake Magnitude of 6.8, 7.3, 7.1...or something.
Tsunami waves of 1 metre, 30 cm, 1 foot...or so.
Tepco says all is well...

:banghead:

Coastal, thanks (??) for the video.

I'm a landlubber - I like being on the ocean, but live nowhere near the water. I have to say, if I saw the formerly full river/shoreline waters disappear, I'd be running for the hills. And people stayed to video it? Far more balls than I have.

As for the Fukushima shyte, I have often wondered why people aren't more 'concerned' about it. I think that it's because most folks have dismissed it, and those who haven't, see things as inevitable. There have been upticks in thyroid issues on the West Coast (no link, but I've heard/seen/read this several times), and I know that personally, I've stopped eating any and all fish.

That isn't enough, of course, but it's all I can do personally...but I watch vids, I pray, and I hope that folks...dunno...do something.

Poor Japan. Poor us.

Sigh.

Best-
Herding Cats

Huh.....and I would have thought you were a beach babe growing up.
But really, this sheet is downright scary. It's invading all our oceans, and soon all we'll see under water is the distant glow of formerly fine fishies.
This is a huge huge problem and it's pretty much been downplayed. At best.
Hope u r feeling well. I'm ok. drugged- hubby keeps telling me to open my eyes and I tell him they ARE open! lol:seeya::loveyou:

If I was invited to the 2020 olympics (providing I'm still here of course)Everything FREE from flights, rooms, food, entertainment, spending $$ etc... i'd have to pass.

Could you imagine going for any reason?:scared::chicken::eek:hwow::escape:

Yes, it would probably be an interesting, legal, and free form of suicide for those so inclined - although it would be slow.

The title to this article is a little sensationalist, but it does give quite a few things to think about.

28 Signs That The West Coast Is Being Absolutely Fried(sensationalist) With Nuclear Radiation From Fukushima

1. Polar bears, seals and walruses along the Alaska coastline are suffering from fur loss and open sores
2. There is an epidemic of sea lion deaths along the California coastline&#8230;
4. Something is causing fish all along the west coast of Canada to bleed from their gills, bellies and eyeballs.
11. Some experts believe that we could see very high levels of cancer along the west coast just from people eating contaminated fish&#8230;
15. At this point, 300 tons of contaminated water is pouring into the Pacific Ocean from Fukushima every single day.
21. It is being projected that significant levels of cesium-137 will reach every corner of the Pacific Ocean by the year 2020.
23. The immense amounts of nuclear radiation getting into the water in the Pacific Ocean has caused environmental activist Joe Martino to issue the following warning&#8230;

Your days of eating Pacific Ocean fish are over.

Quite a bit more at teh link.
I think the numbers they have a still a little low. Most of their estimates have to do with Cesium-137. What about all the other chemicals? And what about the most dangerous one, Plutonium? That's the one that a microscopic speck of would give someone cancer!

We had tons of sick sea lions this last year, experts say it wasn't the radiation, but even if not directly, I wondered about the food they ate.

sent from my galaxy 4 using SWYPE, expect typos.

I'm at the point that I think everything is a conspiracy. I don't believe our government or the Japanese would tell us the truth about this.

also great whites where there are NEVER great whites on the California Shore...a couple of weeks ago someone in Oceanside CAUGHT one while fishing either on the pier, or on shore, I can't remember the details, also the whale migration has been amazing to watch, but I've never (and I've lived by the beach a lot of my adult life) seen so many as the last couple of years.

From about a week ago

TEPCO are reporting that &#8220;radioactive steam has suddenly begun emanating from previously exploded nuclear reactor building #3 at the Fukuishima disaster site in Japan.&#8221;

The corporation is not clear on the details of the sudden change at Reactor 3 because of &#8220;lethal radiation levels in that building.&#8221;

&#8220;pellets of radioactive fuel, ejected when the reactor exploded, went into the spent fuel pool located above the reactor and have begun melting down so seriously they are boiling off the water in the spent fuel pool.&#8221;

&#8220;the situation could escalate rapidly out of control.&#8221;

Lets hope because its been a few days it's back under control...

10 years after Japan tsunami, 40,000 still can't go home

Is Fukushima still radioactive 10 years after Japan tsunami? | cbs8.com

TOKYO, Japan — Japan fell quiet at 2:46 p.m. Thursday to mark the minute that an earthquake began 10 years ago, setting off a tsunami and nuclear crisis that devastated the country’s northeast coast in a disaster that one survivor said he fears people are beginning to forget...

(article continues)

>>>snip

It's hard to believe 10 years have passed since the tsunami. My thoughts and prayers continue for the people of Japan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back