Japan - Namiko Takaba (32) murdered at home, 13 Nov 1999

Regardless of the case. In mid-2010s when ancestry took off so much, there were many advices to collect DNAs from the oldest living relatives, to make a database, on a family level and otherwise.

Genetic criminology is just a tiny part of DNA studies. Japan is becoming the oldest country in the world. (Soon ethnically to be diluted what with their new immigration law, it is inevitable.) What do you think Japan would say to the idea of making such a DNA bank? Perhaps for medical and genomic studies. For historic ones, too. Maybe it is already being done?

I am not talking about open databases for criminologists to dip into, it is a totally different approach. I am thinking of keeping the DNA of the generation that is soon not to be there.

I came across this video about the Toyoake murder and felt compelled to share it with you. I hope I'm not posting it in the wrong place. Although it's a different case, it could be interesting to draw parallels with the Miyazawa family murder and, possibly, gain insights from it. It's worth noting that the two murders occurred relatively close in time, just four years apart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back