Japanese cosmetic trend for 'sexy' child-like look fuels demand for CROOKED teeth

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Reality Orlando, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Reality Orlando

Reality Orlando Verified Aquaculturalist

Disturbing:

"Pace University's Dr Emilie Zaslow, assistant professor of communication studies, told the newspaper: 'The naturally occurring yaeba is because of delayed baby teeth, or a mouth that’s too small. 'It’s this kind of emphasis on youth and the sexualization of young girls.' The trend follows the Western fondness of late for the gap-toothed smile - also a 'young' dental look.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2060422/Japanese-cosmetic-trend-sexy-child-like-look-fuels-demand-CROOKED-teeth.html

2. Loading...

3. MissFine

MissFine Former Member

That's about the craziest craze I've seen. There girls will want straight teeth when they become adults.

4. MrsG728

MrsG728 New Member

I agree that this is disturbing and disgusting. Looking at those pics made me shudder to think of who's looking at them.

5. BuzzieCat

BuzzieCat New Member

That's sick, plus on an adult it imparts more of a vampire look than a childlike look. :Banane18: :dracula: